Queen’s Park v Cove Rangers

Half time and we've shown little to nothing. I know that pitch is horrendous but we're giving it away cheaply far too often. Ball isn't sticking when we go long to the strikers.

Queen's winning a lot of the battles all over the pitch and frustrating to see us stand off them. They are trying to have passages of play and getting joy down both flanks.

Scully and Blair both struggling I feel, especially the former.

Rory won't last much longer on this surface. With Mitch injured and off, Ola already on we might be forced to put Leighton or Masson on.

1 goal wins this game, Queen's looking more likely it has to be said

Edited by CoveRangers1922

YES. A bit of karma after being denied a stonewall pen. Apart from that shout, Ola's chance and hitting that bar we created nothing and Queen's were superior man to man until the last 15 minutes where they sat too deep.

A draw after missing Harry, Mitch and Vigurs I would have taken prior to the game starting.

We didn't adapt to that surface one bit. It goes completely against how we play but fair play to Queen's who at least tried to move it around.

I honestly am getting annoyed seeing Cove snatching a point at the end of games every week.

What he said

Cant see us winning the league now. Coves goal difference is like an extra point. Fair play to cove. Their habit of nicking a point even when playing shite has got them through. Those two draws against Clyde will come back to haunt us

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

What he said

Cant see us winning the league now. Coves goal difference is like an extra point. Fair play to cove. Their habit of nicking a point even when playing shite has got them through. Those two draws against Clyde will come back to haunt us

I think it’s the head to head games rather than the Clyde ones that frustrate me more. The Clyde games were annoying and we should have won but Cove have drawn a few games like that throughout the season. Losing a last minute goal in the first game and the last game against Cove is the difference between us having 67 points and Cove 64.

Scoring late goals is a great habit to have and Cove have done it so many times this season. Very frustrating for us but all we can do is keep winning until the end of the season and if it is play-offs then so be it, just need to finally win them!

Unfortunate, but the application was where it needs to be. Players looked hungry. The McHugh goal is up there with the best I’ve seen from a QP player. He was brilliant again today. Cove did what champions do and dug something out. Definitely more encouraging signs in terms of performance. I’d be aiming for ten points from the remaining twelve. Need to go into the playoffs with some momentum.

I'm not that down about dropping the points today. It's another step towards the playoffs, although Airdrie fans will be more gutted.

Unbeaten by Cove this season with a win and three draws, but today we were the better team all over the park, and a draw doesn't really reflect that.

Again we were wasteful in front of goal, but don't remember many chances from Cove. Will need to see the penalty claim again, but looked like nothing to me.

All round good performance, esp Connell, Fox and Bob. Smith was very good too but was cut down every time. Championship winning teams find a way to rescue the points!

42 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I'm not that down about dropping the points today. It's another step towards the playoffs, although Airdrie fans will be more gutted.

Unbeaten by Cove this season with a win and three draws, but today we were the better team all over the park, and a draw doesn't really reflect that.

Again we were wasteful in front of goal, but don't remember many chances from Cove. Will need to see the penalty claim again, but looked like nothing to me.

All round good performance, esp Connell, Fox and Bob. Smith was very good too but was cut down every time. Championship winning teams find a way to rescue the points!

I'll need to see the penalty claim again but first time around, watching on stream, it looked a clear hand ball. Not intentional but the defender, Fox or Robson?, Mis-controlled it off his thigh/foot and it hit has hand.

Agree Queen's were more hungry, more quality on the ball and won the battles and seconds more often than not.

Cove had 2 very good chances. One from Ola in the first half which was cleared off the line by McHugh and the other a header off the bar. Those 2 and a potential penalty I feel we did enough for a goal but at the same time I'd have no complaints if we lost that one.

Got to feel that Queen's push for a title challenge impacted by playing at Firhill. Probably missing a 15-20 goal a season striker but would be closer if not for playing on a surface akin to the moon.

Had a feeling that was going to happen right at the end…..

Thought we were excellent today, maybe could have cleared our lines a bit better just before their goal but we were so close.

Is Morgyn Neill always such a seething mess by the way?

2 minutes ago, Spider Rico said:

Had a feeling that was going to happen right at the end…..

Thought we were excellent today, maybe could have cleared our lines a bit better just before their goal but we were so close.

Is Morgyn Neill always such a seething mess by the way?

Shouting at the linesman to make up for his lack of pace. That's about him the majority of the time. Decent in the air but ball on the ground a worry

A tough result to take, but as posters have already said: you see why Cove have scored so many late equalisers and winners this season, although when we sat back for the last 15-20 minutes and invite that pressure on, it’s always going to give Cove some encouragement to throw everything at us. 

A world class goal from McHugh, three words I didn’t think I’d be saying in the same sentence at the start of the season. If it doesn’t earn Goal of the Season I’m not sure what will. I thought Fox, Connell, Smith and McHugh had very good games; good to see Lyon back in scrapping although there were some real sloppy passes, I imagine that’s maybe a lack of sharpness. 

Some real ‘interesting’ refereeing decisions today; the Cove players had the referee in their back pockets and were ripping the piss out of it. Admittedly I thought it should’ve been a penalty to Cove, looked to have been a handball. Hopefully Neil’s hair will be okay for the next game, thoughts and prayers it wasn’t too disheveled today,