🌎 🏆 World Cup Group Stage Draw 🌎 🏆

Just noticed that (if we make it etc etc) the Iran game is 1pm local time with the other 2 being 10pm(!), all at the same stadium which as far as I can see doesn't have a roof.

Anyone looked at the numbers on how much hotter it is during the day? 

21 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Just noticed that (if we make it etc etc) the Iran game is 1pm local time with the other 2 being 10pm(!), all at the same stadium which as far as I can see doesn't have a roof.

Anyone looked at the numbers on how much hotter it is during the day? 

I think that info is provisional and kick off times and venues are still to be finalised? 🤔

Edited by Lurkst

They're finalised now.

Group B Schedule (UK times):

Monday 21st November

England vs Iran 1300
USA vs Wal/Sco/Ukr 1900

Friday 25th November

Wal/Sco/Ukr vs Iran 1000
England vs USA 1900

Tuesday 29th November

Iran vs USA 1900
Wal/Sco/Ukr vs England 1900

7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Playing Iran in the midday sun won't be great, TBH. Still, will worry about it if we qualify.

How far ahead will Qatar be then?

Edited by Lurkst

3 hours ago, Donathan said:

Yeah I noticed that 2 of “our” games are at 7pm our time and the other is a Friday at 10am. If we qualify I might well book the Friday off work 

Yeah that's my plan too.

I'm delighted with those kick off times tbh. Really really want to qualify now.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I agree with the people who thought the draw was a bit rubbish. I was hoping for a South American team and more of a fun draw rather than a pragmatic draw.

If we qualify, England are starting to become a bit Israel-y tbh.

Group at Euro 96

Playoff for Euro 2000

Group at Euro 2020

Group at Qarar 2022

Don't get me wrong the potential to knock them out is absolutely w**k worthy, but the reality is it would likely be the other way round, and they'd be insufferable.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'd much rather folk were getting carried away than listen to the same, negative, tired pish from silly old c***s like you. Honestly never got anything positive to add.

It's called being pragmatic. We 2 tough games to come( Ukraine match doubtful) and then a trip to Cardiff. Very tough. And with a raucous Welsh crowd behind them it will be a cauldron that will give Wales an extra lift. But, thank you for calling me a c**t. Apparently they are lovely things. I wouldn't know mind you.

45 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If we qualify, England are starting to become a bit Israel-y tbh.

Group at Euro 96

Playoff for Euro 2000

Group at Euro 2020

Group at Qarar 2022

Playing England every year is not exactly groundbreaking. 

3 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Playing England every year is not exactly groundbreaking. 

Given that it hasn't been a regular fixture since 1989, I'd argue that it is a bit of an anomaly to draw them as often as we have done (the only playoff we were both in and 3 out of 4 major tournaments).

You can add in the Russia 2018 Qualifiers too.

34 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

It's called being pragmatic. We 2 tough games to come( Ukraine match doubtful) and then a trip to Cardiff. Very tough. And with a raucous Welsh crowd behind them it will be a cauldron that will give Wales an extra lift. But, thank you for calling me a c**t. Apparently they are lovely things. I wouldn't know mind you.

Hopefully they are left to regret the decision not to play the game at the Millenium stadium, then.

Given that it hasn't been a regular fixture since 1989, I'd argue that it is a bit of an anomaly to draw them as often as we have done (the only playoff we were both in and 3 out of 4 major tournaments).
You can add in the Russia 2018 Qualifiers too.

We didn't draw them in Euro 2020, we were guaranteed to be in their group due to the hosting situation.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They're finalised now.

Group B Schedule (UK times):

Tuesday 29th November

Iran vs USA 1900
Wal/Sco/Ukr vs England 1900

Unless I've missed it don't think anyone has picked up on the fact should we make it the Auld Enemy fixture will be exactly 150 years - minus one day - since Scotland and England played the first ever international football match.

This has to be a good omen.

Predict our luck will hold and we will go through after a penalty shoot out in Cardiff after disposing of Ukraine.

Edited by Anfield 1977
error

3 hours ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Hopefully they are left to regret the decision not to play the game at the Millenium stadium, then.

Wales are unbeaten in 18 games at home, the vast majority of which have been played at the Cardiff City Stadium. Think it includes a draw v Belgium and some other decent competitive results too, so they'll be delighted to play there tbh.