🌎 🏆 World Cup Group Stage Draw 🌎 🏆

6 minutes ago, red23 said:

Bit worried about it being Bales potential last game, with a draw like that theres no way he'll want to retire by losing to Scotland

The thought of retiring Bale should be a motivator for every Scotland player.

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Old Firm coming up tae....be a wee shame if Ramsey got crocked long term.

McGregor will sort him out right enough. 

All seriousness though, that draw is superb. If that's not enough to motivate the players to get to World Cup, then I don't think anything is. What an unbelievable opportunity. 

Sorry, BBC2 mainly Chapman
Shearer is worse although it's by a small margin. The thought of these two dicks greeting when they get pumped out is the only thing keeping me sane between now and November. I'm also seething that House of Games has been delayed.

1 minute ago, blackislekillie said:
12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Shearer is worse although it's by a small margin. The thought of these two dicks greeting when they get pumped out is the only thing keeping me sane between now and November. I'm also seething that House of Games has been delayed.

Hopefully Carol pulls it out of the bag again 

1 minute ago, blackislekillie said:
12 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

House of Games kicks off in 45 mins mate and well you know it! 😉

Iran looked decent at the last WC. They'll be whiny playacting chunts too, so I'll be wary of them.

USA surely can't be that bad. I don't know a lot about them but the boy Pulisic is a bit of a player.

I've got some good pals in the states, one of whom used to come to jags games with me when he studied here (lad has a sense of humour tbf), so I'm loving this draw.

We're definitely qualifying too btw. 

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Is it just me that doesn’t understand this extra motivation thing a few people have mentioned? I’m not sure how that draw is any extra motivation compared to the Welsh or Ukrainians.

Are you ....maybe Greek?.....Icelandic?........pfft......

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is the Ukraine game actually going to happen? Zelenskyy has said Ukraine won’t be playing anyone in June. 

See Scotland vs Ukraine match thread. It’s looking increasingly likely that Ukraine are going to pull a squad from somewhere. Obviously, events are day to day, but Petrakov is anticipating it will happen and is going to plan for it happening. What squad they’ll have is anyone guess. 

43 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

It probably wasn't Iran but going by the age of that u19's back in the day the full squad will surely arrive in a Shearers touring bus?

Scratch that - was that the Saudis?

Yep if you're thinking of World Youth Cup 1989.

42 minutes ago, velo army said:

Iran looked decent at the last WC. They'll be whiny playacting chunts too, so I'll be wary of them.

USA surely can't be that bad. I don't know a lot about them but the boy Pulisic is a bit of a player.

Iran topped both stages of their qualifying groups - ahead of South Korea - and reached SFs of last Asian Cup.

Lost once in a couple of years. They're strong opponents. Vibes of 1978 if we assume they'd be easy points.

EDIT: recent WC record isn't bad either... 2014 drew with Nigeria, lost 1-0 to Argentina, 3-1 to Bosnia & Herzegovina when already out. 2018 beat Morocco, lost 1-0 to Spain, drew with Portugal.

If rumour true on how playoff(s) will be accommodated - we may be facing Armenia/Eire at Hampden, or Armenia in Yerevan, on Thursday before opener v USA in Doha on Monday 😐. Unsure if 'helps' or 'hinders' tbh.

Edited by HibeeJibee

26 minutes ago, velo army said:

I've got some good pals in the states, one of whom used to come to jags games with me when he studied here (lad has a sense of humour tbf), so I'm loving this draw.

We're definitely qualifying too btw. 

US are *really* young and somewhat inconsistent. I think they’re more focused on 2026 when they’re co-hosting; half the attackers they’ll pick from are about 15, but Reyna or Pepi running at two left feet backwards Maguire could be quite entertaining. 

Edited by carpetmonster

27 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Who would you have in that team?

Good question. I'm not up on my Ukrainian footballers at the moment. Mostly Scots and GB.