Opposition players you would like to sign.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought Morton were quite happy to get rid of Murdoch at the time, regardless can't see him going back there. Expect McInroy will have a few offers this summer, he would be my no.1 target for securing next season, followed closely by Tomi.

You can have Fjortoft back though...

I don't know any morton fan who was happy that he left. That c**t mckinnon's first mistake.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Thought Morton were quite happy to get rid of Murdoch at the time, regardless can't see him going back there. Expect McInroy will have a few offers this summer, he would be my no.1 target for securing next season

We’ll probably end up signing both with our policy of exclusively bringing in central midfielders. 

20 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

This is from Nareys toepoker on twitter of who is out of contract, assuming it's largely accurate if not 100%.

I was against us signing Lawless just on my principle of not wanting to sign everyone who has played for us before, and also the nature of his leaving Motherwell plus not playing for 3 months didn't add up. However he would have been miles better than any other option we've had wide right all season. 

Failing that there's not many in the middle of the Venn diagram of "would take" and "will be at this level (or lower) next season". Maybe Tumilty but I'd expect him to still be at Raith. 

Edit : Naismith from Killie seems like a very McCall type signing 

FPB6TAIXEAMtvRj.jpg

Naismith has been a wage thief, stinking attitude and poor every time he played. Massive disappointment due to his performances at other clubs. Don’t touch him with a barge pole.

Just now, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Naismith has been a wage thief, stinking attitude and poor every time he played. Massive disappointment due to his performances at other clubs. Don’t touch him with a barge pole.

I wouldn't sign him but McCall loves full back / centre back hybrids hence us having Holt and McKenna at full back for large chunks of this season. 

Thought Morton were quite happy to get rid of Murdoch at the time, regardless can't see him going back there. Expect McInroy will have a few offers this summer, he would be my no.1 target for securing next season, followed closely by Tomi.
I could see us signing Fjortoft

This is from Nareys toepoker on twitter of who is out of contract, assuming it's largely accurate if not 100%.
I was against us signing Lawless just on my principle of not wanting to sign everyone who has played for us before, and also the nature of his leaving Motherwell plus not playing for 3 months didn't add up. However he would have been miles better than any other option we've had wide right all season. 
Failing that there's not many in the middle of the Venn diagram of "would take" and "will be at this level (or lower) next season". Maybe Tumilty but I'd expect him to still be at Raith. 
Edit : Naismith from Killie seems like a very McCall type signing 
FPB6TAIXEAMtvRj.jpg.e6027931d5fe8d8f3fd4387fa4195ad7.jpg

It was reported at the time that Liam Henderson signed a 2 year contract for the Lichties in May 21. I hope so.

On 02/04/2022 at 21:22, Lochwood said:

Spencer and Lawson from the Accies they have the grit we require badly in the middle of the park

If you mean Spence you can have him - I will drive him their. Contributed very little for Accies.

• Manwithnoball changed the title to Opposition players you would like to sign.
On 03/04/2022 at 21:02, UpInTheAyr said:

No one was happy Murdoch left. He was our best midfielder at the time and was released in favour of signing a 48 year old Jim McAlister, who later left the club (as captain) in the midst of a relegation fight to be Rangers* assistant kit man. 

A thorough shit show.

On 01/04/2022 at 07:47, 19QOS19 said:
On 31/03/2022 at 19:18, Stoo61 said:
Aye we'll no keep Dom or any of our better players. (Lawless, Donaldson, Pubes)

It's no surprise you're in the state you're in if Pybus is one of your better players.

It is what it is...and it is a fact.