Opposition players you would like to sign.

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I would like to see Stephen McGinn back at Cappielow. Killie might let him go if / when they get promoted.

I wouldn't. And can't see him being Imrie's kind of player at this stage of his career either.

Despite not particularly impressing as we only won one of our last eight games to finish 9th last season I'd have been fine with having McGinn back last summer when 8th place was our target. If we want to build a squad to make a serious top four challenge we can and should do better.

Being routinely carried by better players for the side likely winning the league this season while mostly being guff himself doesn't change that.

McGinn has been pretty good for us, particularly since McInnes arrived. I certainly wouldn't say he's been carried at all. Not sure if he'd be able to step up again if we do go up but I'd definitely keep him around for a year.

Gavin Reilly or Cammy Smith to play bedside Tomi .

Sneddon from Thistle for our keeper . McAdam on the bench .

Lithgow from Morton to manage Aero and Sean . Also to win headers .

Big left back from QoS 

McGinn from them if we fail to sign any of our four mids .

3 minutes ago, North British said:

Big left back from QoS 

You can certainly have Smith. A wage thief. But... You can't have our £10 million keeper( Rangers calculator used)

You can certainly have Smith. A wage thief. But... You can't have our £10 million keeper( Rangers calculator used)
The Smith one is a weird one McCall was linked with bringing him to Ayr for about 4 transfer windows before Mark Kerr eventually brought him to the club he was arguably Kerrs best signing in his short tenure and a lot of us were gutted he seamed to snub us to sign for Thistle when he came back from the states but he really seems to have stalled under McCall after him being desperate to sign him for a few years.

Big left back from QoS 

Genuinely struggling to think who you mean for us.

Aye same

With all due respect the only players I’d be interested in from QOS would be Connelly or maybe (if he was fit) Cochrane.

The only person I can think if who fits the description being big and playing LB is Debayo. Not sure an Ayr fan would want him playing for you given he gifted you a penalty at Somerset. The fucking donkey.

Cammy Smith has become a victim of McCall signing very good players at this level and having zero fucking clue what to do with them. Am I not right in saying he’s generally deployed out wide?

Either play him as a 10 or just off the left where he can cut inside or don’t bother. He’s not the quickest player but he’s smart and can get goals if used properly. He’s basically done with Smith what he did with Alan Trouten a few years back. Still can’t get over how we fucked about with him as a winger when he was capable of scoring 15-20 if we played him up front.

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cammy Smith has become a victim of McCall signing very good players at this level and having zero fucking clue what to do with them. Am I not right in saying he’s generally deployed out wide?

Either play him as a 10 or just off the left where he can cut inside or don’t bother. He’s not the quickest player but he’s smart and can get goals if used properly. He’s basically done with Smith what he did with Alan Trouten a few years back. Still can’t get over how we fucked about with him as a winger when he was capable of scoring 15-20 if we played him up front.

No he's played off the striker for most of the season, and certainly since Rudden left.

This has been at the expense of Turner and Crawford, who have both been shunted out to the wing to accommodate Smith playing in his preferred position, and also because as you say McCall has accumulated too many central midfielders. 

Smith has been the biggest disappointment of the season for me given he's stood out at this level for multiple clubs. 

I’d probably take Brian Graham back. Has he got another Championship season in him? Second top scorer in the league.

Rovers need a goal scoring forward. We have plenty back up scorers in Ross, Connolly and Zanatta who’ll get you 5-10 goals a season, but we need an actual forward who can get    15 goals a season.

We need some defenders too. Tumilty will be away, Berra is getting on and misses too many games and the rest aren’t up to much.

I’d probably take Brian Graham back. Has he got another Championship season in him? Second top scorer in the league.
Rovers need a goal scoring forward. We have plenty back up scorers in Ross, Connolly and Zanatta who’ll get you 5-10 goals a season, but we need an actual forward who can get    15 goals a season.
We need some defenders too. Tumilty will be away, Berra is getting on and misses too many games and the rest aren’t up to much.
You've got Goodwillie still on the books for a goal scoring forward.