Opposition players you would like to sign.

Doubt we’ll sign many players from Scotland. Reckon we’ll go down the route of players from the English lower leagues again. 

If we stay up and Queens go down I wouldn’t be against us chucking a deal at Lee Connolly. 

Out of the players showing as out of contract on Transfermarkt would definitely take: Tumilty, Steve Lawson, Coll Donaldson, Aaron Comrie, Stevie Lawless, Ryan Dow, Dom Thomas, Sean Welsh, Ogwu, Lewis Strapp, Adeloye, James Maxwell, Lee Connolly, Jack Hamilton (Arbroath/Livi), Chris Hamilton, Nicky Low, Scott Stewart & Tam O’Brien.

There’s a few on there we’d have no chance with but most are realistic, unless we are truly skint. 

Edited by Reid

Out of the players showing as out of contract on Transfermarkt would definitely take: Tumilty, Steve Lawson, Coll Donaldson, Aaron Comrie, Stevie Lawless, Ryan Dow, Dom Thomas, Sean Welsh, Ogwu, Lewis Strapp, Adeloye, James Maxwell, Lee Connolly, Jack Hamilton (Arbroath/Livi), Sean Hamilton, Nicky Low, Scott Stewart & Tam O’Brien.

There’s a few on there we’d have no chance with but most are realistic, unless we are truly skint. 

Don’t think any of the Arbroath players listed there are out of contract. TOB is signed until 2024 I’m sure, and Nicky Low definitely would’ve signed for more than a season last summer. Presume Sean Hamilton is Chris Hamilton though?He definitely is out of contract at Hearts. Think martindale has already spoken about using Jack Hamilton next season so not sure if he is.

36 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Don’t think any of the Arbroath players listed there are out of contract. TOB is signed until 2024 I’m sure, and Nicky Low definitely would’ve signed for more than a season last summer. Presume Sean Hamilton is Chris Hamilton though?He definitely is out of contract at Hearts. Think martindale has already spoken about using Jack Hamilton next season so not sure if he is.

I was surprised to TOB listed as out of contact. If he was I’d imagine the tabloids would have him as going to Hearts or Motherwell. If he is out of contact we’d have no hope in hell.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Out of the players showing as out of contract on Transfermarkt would definitely take: Tumilty, Steve Lawson, Coll Donaldson, Aaron Comrie, Stevie Lawless, Ryan Dow, Dom Thomas, Sean Welsh, Ogwu, Lewis Strapp, Adeloye, James Maxwell, Lee Connolly, Jack Hamilton (Arbroath/Livi), Chris Hamilton, Nicky Low, Scott Stewart & Tam O’Brien.

Nick Low is in contract till 2023, Scott Stewart and Tam O'Brien till 2024. 

I'd like us to get Matej Poplatnik on a permanent deal if he is released from Livingston in the summer. Also liked the look of Josh Rae as cover/longer-term replacement for Jamie MacDonald in goals, although I'd imagine he'd want to be playing regularly if he moves on from Queen of the South.

Comrie is contracted till 2023. Not sure if there is a relegation break clause though.

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

No one going to come to us if we go down.

Would obviously have Tiffoney from Thistle, as would every one of you. 

Thankfully he’s under contract for next season. I’m hopeful we’ll keep him for that and then he’ll probably go off to St Mirren or something for free.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Thankfully he’s under contract for next season. I’m hopeful we’ll keep him for that and then he’ll probably go off to St Mirren or something for free.

I can see Tiffoney being sold to a Premiership side in the summer.

15 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

No one going to come to us if we go down.

Would obviously have Tiffoney from Thistle, as would every one of you. 

Was pretty underwhelming for us when we had him on loan, genuinely been surprised how well he's been going at Partick. 
No idea what direction we are going signing wise, as D'Jaffo points out we really need some width. LB we are fine but, we absolutely need to upgrade our wide midfield options and probably RB. In all likelihood it is a full rebuild anyway. 

If we’re continuing the tradition of signing Morton players then I’d take Gavin Reilly for next season, especially if Adeloye moves on. Think he’ll sign for them permanently after his loan though.

We’re in dire need of quality out wide and we’ve no chance of getting him but I’d give my left baw for Dom Thomas. He’d probably walk into any team in this league bar Killie and if Dunfermline go down there will be loads of interest in him.

Really like guys like Chris Hamilton (Hearts loanee), Scott Allardice and Lee Connelly.

I can’t see us keeping him even if we do stay up. Unless Yogi/our next manager convinced him we’re building a cracking squad and we can pay him handsomely (you’d imagine we could offer more than just about any other team in the Championship), I’m sure he’ll have plenty offers from even the Premiership.

I’m glad it looks like he’s burnt his bridges with Killie (or vice versa) as they’d be the most obvious/attractive options from the Championship.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
10 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:
Would like to see Greenock boy Nicky Low sign for Morton, if he’s free of injury problems.

Be gobsmacked if he went back to FT tbh. PT at Arbroath seems to be working really well for him.

Even with being PT he’s still missed about 50% of our games this season through injury. A full-time team would be insane to go for him. Amazing player but being half human/half marshmallow isn’t a good combination for a sportsman.