Late blooming Ross County vs cantering home in 3rd Hearts

Gordon's save here. It's phenomenonal, although Callachan should be giving him  no chance.

Both teams had huge chances, absolutely no idea how Boyce missed his. Awful penalty from McKay as well, though it looked very soft so probably justice done. Quite an enjoyable game and not the worst performance given our injuries, hopefully get a few back for next week and the semi. Devlin in particular. 

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

Who was the guy that dived for the Hearts penalty?

McKay.

Was poor, like he was expecting contact that never came and went down anyway. Not been like him at all since he's joined us, but disappointed in that. 

Some of the comments from fellow County fans beggars belief. Paton had a good game, as did the team. OK, that’s my opinion, but to say he was shite….if you are really commenting on your dislike of his off field behaviour then just say so.

Overall a very entertaining match to be at, could easily have been 3-3.  I’ll take games like this over the tippy tappy crap ever day of the week.

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Gordon's save here. It's phenomenonal, although Callachan should be giving him  no chance.

I seen this from a different angle and assumed the ball took a weird bounce in front of Callachan to prevent him hitting it first time.

Looks like he just completely misjudges it, an absolute howler.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I seen this from a different angle and assumed the ball took a weird bounce in front of Callachan to prevent him hitting it first time.

Looks like he just completely misjudges it, an absolute howler.

He presumably thought, not unreasonably, that he had more time than he did

Watching it from this angle, I actually don't think Callachan done much wrong. That's absolutely incredible from Gordon, and the first is better than I thought at the time.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1510524141325139974?t=tVh07ulwbz_hUWMFw0ocxg&s=19

Edited by Tony Wonder

16 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Watching it from this angle, I actually don't think Callachan done much wrong. That's absolutely incredible from Gordon, and the first is better than I thought at the time.

https://twitter.com/JamTarts/status/1510524141325139974?t=tVh07ulwbz_hUWMFw0ocxg&s=19

He let the ball bounce and took time away from himself.  He could have taken a touch to set up a shot or attempted to hit it first time, or dinked it the opposite direction Gordon was diving.  But if he could do any of that he wouldn’t be at Ross County.

Saying he should go across Gordon seems a bit harsh. The space was to Callachan's right, not many would be expecting Gordon to get across and make that if he goes the opposite direction and hits the goalie he'd get slaughtered.

It's more he misjudges the ball, lets it bounce up, then off his thigh and then hits it rather than just misreading the initial bounce.

In his defence, Boyce also misjudged a sitter.

Edited by Comrie