East Fife v Diamonds

Huge mental test for the team this week, trying to pick themselves back up from that hammer blow on Saturday but I think they'll be fine, purely based on Murray and McCabes interviews after the game.  Very calm, composed and while obviously gutted, the focus is still there.

No idea how they'll line up tbh, and I'm gutted I can't make the trip to Methil again this season due to babysitting (and they don't want to go!).

East fife seem to be on a bit of life support in the league at the moment so I'm hoping we can take advantage of that and pick up the 3 points.

Purchased the stream for today's match. Looking forward to it; will be stress free not like last week!

I echo McCabe being a big miss but Kerr is a fine replacement. Thought Watson had a strong game last week. The creativity and energy of the Diamonds in the final third will be hard to suppress.

How's young Finlay Pollock been for you so far East Fife fans? Always impressed with Kyle Connell. Is Ryan Wallace injured? Doesn't make the match day squad.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1-0 to the Diamonds at half time. Merited it has to be said.

Quite open and expansive so far. East Fife were growing into the game but there were gaps appearing and eventually exploited by Airdrie.

Thought Jude Smith got lucky, could have been a penalty and straight red. Airdrie have squandered a few decent chances through Smith and Gallacher.

Pollock and Connell trying to link up in the final third. Supply needs to be a bit better to them and the final pass needs more quality. Blair missed a few headers that were half chances at most.

Big ask for the home side. Somehow need to gamble men forward to create opportunities but obviously that will leave space for a counter attack. You feel there will be more goals here.

The more I see of Brody Paterson the more I like. Gives good supply and threat down the left side.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

12 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

1-0 to the Diamonds at half time. Merited it has to be said.

Quite open and expansive so far. East Fife were growing into the game but there were gaps appearing and eventually exploited by Airdrie.

Thought Jude Smith got lucky, could have been a penalty and straight red. Airdrie have squandered a few decent chances through Smith and Gallacher.

Pollock and Connell trying to link up in the final third. Supply needs to be a bit better to them and the final pass needs more quality. Blair missed a few headers that were half chances at most.

Big ask for the home side. Somehow need to gamble men forward to create opportunities but obviously that will leave space for a counter attack. You feel there will be more goals here.

The more I see of Brody Paterson the more I like. Gives good supply and threat down the left side.

The McGill’s have done fine down the right but Paterson and Smith are a real threat down the left. It makes a big difference having a natural left back who’s good going forward, really suits the way we play. 

It took him a few shots but I’m not sure there’s anything as guaranteed in life as Calum Gallagher scoring against East Fife.

Just now, Mr November said:

The McGill’s have done fine down the right but Paterson and Smith are a real threat down the left. It makes a big difference having a natural left back who’s good going forward, really suits the way we play. 

It took him a few shots but I’m not sure there’s anything as guaranteed in life as Calum Gallagher scoring against East Fife.

Down the left you definitely seem to be overloading well and chances will come again second half I think. 

Gal does love a goal against EF.

Agnew really comfortable and getting loads of time to pick his pass. Effortless from him so far.

Spirited first 25 minutes of the second half from East Fife but you can't miss so many good chances and expect to pick up points. The gal 1 yard finish was a sucker punch with 20 minutes to go. 

Airdrie not at their best today but was a comfortable 3 points and another clean sheet. Back to within 2 points as expected and all on Cove at Firhill.

Feel for East Fife who are all but mathematically down. Could be next week it's confirmed. The commentator said 10 games without scoring a goal since the start of the year and today exemplified that lacking.

That was a fairly straight forward victory for us in the end. I did think East Fife played decent for the first 20 minutes of the second half but the goal killed it and I think 2-0 is a fair result considering the chances we had in the first half. Fantastic to put Cove under a bit of pressure tomorrow with a hard game against Queens Park (Who I don't think they have beaten this season). Like @CoveRangers1922 with the Airdrie game today, i'll be purchasing the stream for tomorrows game and watching on with interest. On another note, the things in life that are guaranteed, death, taxes and Calum Gallagher scoring against East Fife. 

Another good win today, even if we weren’t at our best. We started slowly and while we mostly kept the ball well, we were nowhere near as direct as we usually are in the final third. We dominated the last 15 minutes of the first half and got a well deserved goal after some great work from Smith and Gallagher was in the right place as usual to tap it in from a yard out. Kerr had a couple of dodgy moments in the first half, as he sometimes does, but other than that we looked fairly comfortable.

We were very sloppy in the second half though. We sat a bit deeper, never looked as assured in possession and caused ourselves problems through careless mistakes. Ultimately East Fife never created any great chances and I was pretty relaxed during the game as I never felt like they would score but a better team would have punished us. We did have some good moments though and the second goal was well worked with Gallagher once again in the right place for another tap in from inside the six-yard box. Quite a few people around me today were complaining about Gallagher and seemed to want Jordan Allan on and while Gallagher can be frustrating at times, just knowing exactly where to be and being in the right place at the right time is an underrated skill to have and I think some fans underestimate the value of having a proven League One goalscorer up front. I thought he had a decent game overall, he snatched at a few chances early on but generally led the line well and his hold-up play was decent. 

We took a good crowd today, filling most of the two sections we had. East Fife has generally been a tough place to go for us for a few years now so two wins and two clean sheets this season is good going. Wild to think that this East Fife team beat Cove though.

Solid win despite having some sloppy spells.

Noticed a massive difference today with no McCabe in the side- got to hope he's back for next week as I'm not all that confident with Josh Kerr as his replacement. Maybe it's a lack of game time or a confidence issue with Kerr but he looks very unsure on the ball and sometimes going into the challenge which is sad to see as this time last year him and Fordyce were our best options.

Also noticed that Kyle Connell didn't get a sniff today. He looked handy and scored a few decent/important goals in our run at the end of last season and I would've been happy for him to come back but having seen him a few times this season I'm glad he's where he is. Maybe it's symptomatic of playing in such a poor side or its a sign of how far we've come this year. 

Pressure on Cove tomorrow, certainly the biggest game taking place in Glasgow for me.

29 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Pressure on Cove tomorrow, certainly the biggest game taking place in Glasgow for me.

Don't expect it to be a good game at Firhill.

It must be the worst pitch in the Championship and First division

10 minutes ago, David Fernández said:

Here I'd take a scrapy 1-0 Queens Park victory on a dodgy pitch with it being a terrible game.

Exactly. I see the pitch as a leveler because Cove are miles ahead of QP.