Ayr v Hamilton - Friday Night Fitba

Well, are we all excited. 

Hamilton have managed to drag themselves out of the mire recently and look pretty much safe. Even a point here would likely be all that's needed to make absolutely sure of another season in the championship. It is surprising that they're in this position as I can honestly say that from the games against us this season they looked to be hopeless and no better than the other dross below. Fair play.

Ayr really need to be winning this one to open up a gap and put additional pressure on the two below ahead of their games. With trips to East End Park and Palmerston in consecutive weeks still to come before the end of the season, it would be ideal to have a comfortable gap and not be desperately looking for points in those games.

Our home record recently is abysmal and Hamilton come into this on the back of two straight wins (one being 4-0 victory away at Firhill. We have shown very little in attack recently so I'm hoping for a bit more urgency up top this week. Bullen mentioned our lack of width after the Morton game so hopefully we go with wingers and Adeolye up top for this one. 

Ever the optimist I'm going for a win. Ayr 2-1 Hamilton. Tomi and McInroy to score.

Despite our 2 wins, i'm not confident about this at all. We have been really poor in all the games against Ayr so far, and our season long inconsistency means we're due a defeat.

Stan said in his interview that he's not a fan of fixing something that isn't broke, so hopefully that means the same line up again. In this formation our attacking is still lacking a cutting edge, but we look very solid at the back for the most part.

Nothing at all to do with the game itself, but why are we insisting that away fans must buy their tickets online in advance? We need all the folk we can get through the gates. We should be making it as easy as possible for anyone to attend, not creating obstacles for some.

Agree with the sentiments about Hamilton having looked really poor against us this season, but would also say the worst team I've seen this season is us. Both sides have it in them to have a howler, we're at the business end of the season. A win for either side is still huge given we are at the business end of the season now. 

Hamilton win and it is cigars out for the rest of the season, we win and we're almost over the line and hopefully have a bit of momentum to see us through. 

4 minutes ago, Meathead said:

Nothing at all to do with the game itself, but why are we insisting that away fans must buy their tickets online in advance? We need all the folk we can get through the gates. We should be making it as easy as possible for anyone to attend, not creating obstacles for some.

Pretty sure the online side is more advisory rather than mandatory? I thought we were still selling them from the shop pre match? @Finlay21 can hopefully confirm. 

37 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Pretty sure the online side is more advisory rather than mandatory? I thought we were still selling them from the shop pre match? @Finlay21 can hopefully confirm. 

Not according to the website:

Away Fans must purchase online as there is no option to purchase tickets at Somerset Park.

We need to win and keep winning, Ayr win and we are a step closer to safety, we have a 4 point cushion over Dunfermline but have to play them in a few weeks. The threat of going straight down is less but still possible. Playing both them and Queens back to back could put us safe with a game to go or could have us trying to get a result on the last day. 

Defeat for Hamilton would cause a slight concern, but while mathematically possible they are probably safe enough from a bottom 2 place. Morton are probably safe from automatic relegation. 

The problem Ayr have had is, you wouldn't count on them getting a result, Hamilton look like the only no mans land, nothing to play for team we will face the remainder of the season and we have faired well against them this year but there is still not a great deal of confidence that we will even compete let alone get a result. To many games this season we have turned up, not had a shot at goal and given away several cheap opportunities. 

The run in last season was a farce, Hopkin gave rabble rousing speeches before the games about must win games and going in to battle, then watched us getting scudded 4-0. Bullen has more about him but the chance of getting scudded still remains. 

If Ayr take the lead early and sense a victory then it could be 1 or 2 nil Ayr. The longer the game goes on without a goal, the more chance Hamilton have of being handed one, Ayr will collapse, Bullen will make more mad substitutions and we will go in to crisis mode again.  

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Scottish grand national is on Saturday. 

The town will be full of drunk lassies carrying shoes and Peaky Blinders cosplayers. 

Horse racing is fucking horrible.  As are the people who attend it.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

We need to win and keep winning, Ayr win and we are a step closer to safety, we have a 4 point cushion over Dunfermline but have to play them in a few weeks. The threat of going straight down is less but still possible. Playing both them and Queens back to back could put us safe with a game to go or could have us trying to get a result on the last day. 

Defeat for Hamilton would cause a slight concern, but while mathematically possible they are probably safe enough from a bottom 2 place. Morton are probably safe from automatic relegation. 

The problem Ayr have had is, you wouldn't count on them getting a result, Hamilton look like the only no mans land, nothing to play for team we will face the remainder of the season and we have faired well against them this year but there is still not a great deal of confidence that we will even compete let alone get a result. To many games this season we have turned up, not had a shot at goal and given away several cheap opportunities. 

The run in last season was a farce, Hopkin gave rabble rousing speeches before the games about must win games and going in to battle, then watched us getting scudded 4-0. Bullen has more about him but the chance of getting scudded still remains. 

If Ayr take the lead early and sense a victory then it could be 1 or 2 nil Ayr. The longer the game goes on without a goal, the more chance Hamilton have of being handed one, Ayr will collapse, Bullen will make more mad substitutions and we will go in to crisis mode again.  

This Ayr team is one of the most frustrating ones I have ever seen. Bullen's mad substitutions add to that.

My absolute favourite Hopkin-ism was saying that he knows how much Ayrshire derbies mean to the fans and wanting to make people happy, and then playing the most negative tactics possible. The guy is either a fucking idiot or on the windup. I suspect it is the former.

4 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Tickets have always been on sale in shop minimum 5 days from match right up to kick off , (apart from Kilmarnock when police insisted we closed shop 2.5 hours prior to kick off ) 

This Ayr team is one of the most frustrating ones I have ever seen. Bullen's mad substitutions add to that.
My absolute favourite Hopkin-ism was saying that he knows how much Ayrshire derbies mean to the fans and wanting to make people happy, and then playing the most negative tactics possible. The guy is either a fucking idiot or on the windup. I suspect it is the former.

No chance. The best Hopkin-ism is three centre backs playing twenty consecutive passes between them before one of them gets fed up and aimlessly hoofs the ball either out the park or to the oppositions goalie. That’s Hoppy ball for you.

“And now we play” *Jack Baird rocket into the North Terrace.

For me the Hamilton game on Friday is the big one , it’s crucial we win and build some momentum for ICT the following week . Hopefully we have a decent and nosey crowd in . Tomi being fit and playing would be a massive boost as well .

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ooft, Ayr will be drowning in fragile masculinity and fake tan.

What is Joe Cardle up to these days?

Edited by itzdrk

McAdams 

Houston  Muirhead  McGinty  Reading 

Murdoch Dempsey 

O’Connor        McInroy            Maxwell 

Adeloye 

I know this side won’t happen but still. If he plays his usual defensive shite out wide, at least it won’t be quite as bad if Dempsey is fit. If he isn’t and he continues his defensive shite with two deeper central midfielders, at home, then I don’t even know what to say. 

Edited by No_Problemo

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McAdams 

Houston     Muirhead   McGinty    Reading

Murdoch Dempsey 

O’Connor                                        Maxwell 

Adeloye 

I know this side won’t happen but still. If he plays his usual defensive shite out wide, at least it won’t be quite as bad if Dempsey is fit. If he isn’t and he continues his defensive shite with two deeper central midfielders, at home, then I don’t even know what to say. 

I know you boys played a bit better with a man down against us, but its a bit arrogant starting game with 10…

Edited by flood