Just now, ICTChris said:

There were three really mental lads in my year - one was the guy I linked to above, the other got murdered a few years back and the other is now a drug addict who periodically appears in the local papers being nicked for housebreaking etc.

#TheLads

On 22/08/2022 at 12:36, BFTD said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any P&Bers known any murderers in real life? That they knew of, obviously.

I've worked with two killers, both of whom seemed very nice. One was a wid who'd killed two boyfriends, the other a proper out-and-proud racist who probably blamed bad weather on "our ethnic friends". Lovely apart from that, though.

Another guy I worked with said he was asked to picked up a volunteer on his way in to work; they were having a nice conversation when the guy says, "it's only fair to warn you that I've killed six people," which put a bit of a dampener on things. He called our boss later on to complain about not being told, and it turned out he'd only served time for killing one person  :mellow:

Don't know any murderers but went to school with the bank manager that was shot dead on his doorstep in Nairn.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

His wife, briefly, worked for my dad.

Hope she never answered the front door for him.

There might be the potential for a 6 degrees of separation p&b murder thread, if one does appear I'd just like to say I have an alibi for the night in question.

15 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Don't know any murderers but went to school with the bank manager that was shot dead on his doorstep in Nairn.

I was driving home through Nairn the night that happened with a friend and we both saw the whole sky lit up by blue lights and both looked at each other and said ' what the fucking fuck?'  We got asked for our ID, where we had been and where we were going and were moved on.  This was 2004 so there was no social media to speak of so didn't find out what had happened until the next day.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I was driving home through Nairn the night that happened with a friend and we both saw the whole sky lit up by blue lights and both looked at each other and said ' what the fucking f**k?'  We got asked for our ID, where we had been and where we were going and were moved on.  This was 2004 so there was no social media to speak of so didn't find out what had happened until the next day.

The story is always popping up on the BBC news website, it's weird seeing the face of a guy I went to school with staring back at me especially since he was murdered and it's still unsolved.

Just now, stevieKTID said:

The story is always popping up on the BBC news website, it's weird seeing the face of a guy I went to school with staring back at me especially since he was murdered and it's still unsolved.

Aye every couple of years the police think they have a new lead but it never comes to anything.

23 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

That makes two of us.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Think this is worth a follow up tbh.

I was never great mates with him, however he was pretty straight laced, into the Rugby, didn't touch drugs or anything and I could never have seen him into anything dodgy in a million years.

The latest I heard was some kind of dispute with a local businessman over planning permission objections but surely that wouldn't drive someone to hire a professional hit !!

A guy in my class murdered his girlfriend in a drug induced frenzy but his own childhood doesn't bare thinking about.

In the year below me some twins killed an old woman in a robbery at the shops and the next year down was Robbie McIntosh who stabbed his neighbour on the Law and attempted to kill someone whilst out on release.

I would only tip where I'm getting service from one person over multiple courses and getting good service. I'm not tipping for a toastie and a coffee.

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If one recognized their waiter as a mad axe murderer from 20 years prior and it transpired they were out on work release, would you be more or less likely to leave a tip, and if more, how generous? 

I'm tipping 20% across the board from now on just to be on the safe side.

4 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

If one recognized their waiter as a mad axe murderer from 20 years prior and it transpired they were out on work release, would you be more or less likely to leave a tip, and if more, how generous? 

Erm, yes.

I normally go with 20%, but I'd likely go with 50% for the mad axeman. If it looked like that wasn't enough, he could take what he fancied from my wallet once I was dead.

On 22/08/2022 at 05:36, BFTD said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any P&Bers known any murderers in real life? That they knew of, obviously.

I've worked with two killers, both of whom seemed very nice. One was a wid who'd killed two boyfriends, the other a proper out-and-proud racist who probably blamed bad weather on "our ethnic friends". Lovely apart from that, though.

Another guy I worked with said he was asked to picked up a volunteer on his way in to work; they were having a nice conversation when the guy says, "it's only fair to warn you that I've killed six people," which put a bit of a dampener on things. He called our boss later on to complain about not being told, and it turned out he'd only served time for killing one person  :mellow:

Sorry, but I’m more on the know people who get killed side…

Worked with a lad who was the only one of his family to get out of the house when his dad came home and started killing them. Mother and two siblings dead, and another sibling critically injured, but he got out the back window and called the police from the neighbours house. Testified and put dear old dad away for life (was during the 1970’s break on capital punishment).

The local paper interviewed him a few years back, and quoted him as saying if somehow his dad walked in the door, he’d “put a cap in his ass”. HR got a complaint and investigated this gentlemen’s reported “violent comment” and had the good sense to tell the complaining party to f**k right off.

Otherwise, two classmates had their parent(s) killed by random sociopaths, and I didn’t even go to school in Florida.