1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Sorry to hijack the thread, but have any P&Bers known any murderers in real life? That they knew of, obviously.

I've worked with two killers, both of whom seemed very nice. One was a wid who'd killed two boyfriends, the other a proper out-and-proud racist who probably blamed bad weather on "our ethnic friends". Lovely apart from that, though.

Another guy I worked with said he was asked to picked up a volunteer on his way in to work; they were having a nice conversation when the guy says, "it's only fair to warn you that I've killed six people," which put a bit of a dampener on things. He called our boss later on to complain about not being told, and it turned out he'd only served time for killing one person  :mellow:

I knew the "jubilant Irishman" in this story.  Although he got off with it, its clear he had something to do with hacking up someone in Australia.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jubilant-stokes-is-cleared-of-killing-26113333.html

I thought this thread was about paying a  gratuity.  Looking at the last few pages it appears to be something darker.

"Listen you.  I need someone tipped.  I can pay cash, no questions asked.  Do you know anyone?"

Have to watch Goodfellas again.  See if they use the term.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

Well Miguel is certainly dangerous anyway. I remember he talked about being a very strange shape and that he can’t buy ordinary clothes as he’s so tall and thin, he’s also reclusive and gets his hair cut once a year:

DF5324FF-7292-4E50-8231-026E5FF50268.jpeg

Think you're mixing me up with someone else there throbswald, I'm tall and thin but not that unusual.

20 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Also, it's nice to log into Pie And Bovril Dot Com, see someone's quoted one of my fine contributions to the discourse, then discover that throbber has jumped into a recently bumped thread to start making deeply insulting judgements about my life.

I Need Help GIF - Tbbt Penny Addicted - Discover & Share GIFs

You expect this on a Sunday at P&B, but not a Monday. 

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've never worked in the restaurant business so don't know the answer to this...does a service charge go to the servers and kitchen staff or to the management?

If it's the latter I would suggest opting out of an "optional" service charge and instead leave a tip.

If the place is scrupulous then the former, however I have worked in restaurants and will score out service charge (unless it's on a party of 6 or whatever) and leave a cash tip. 

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I wouldn't say I knew him but a guy who was, briefly, in my year at school was convicted for murder.

Here is a story from the trial.  Murdered because you said Marco Negri was crap.

Ended up back in a couple years after serving the 10, battering someone whilst watching football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11544920

Pal of mine is a prison warder and has worked in the jail where Imran Shahid is, the ringleader of the Kris Donald murder gang.

He told me some of the specific details of the torture he inflicted on that poor laddie, they were so horrific that when detailed in court the press and media didn't repeat them, so vile they were, if there is such a place as hell he will be going straight there, hopefully after spending the rest of his natural life in solitary confinement with a slice of bread each day and no privileges like a TV, scumbag doesn't even cover that lowlife. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Think you're mixing me up with someone else there throbswald, I'm tall and thin but not that unusual.

I think you perhaps spoke about how you often couldn’t find clothes in shops as you were a strange shape. What a strange turn this thread has taken though. 

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Ended up back in a couple years after serving the 10, battering someone whilst watching football

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11544920

I think Derek needs to find another sport to follow.

28 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Pal of mine is a prison warder and has worked in the jail where Imran Shahid is, the ringleader of the Kris Donald murder gang.

He told me some of the specific details of the torture he inflicted on that poor laddie, they were so horrific that when detailed in court the press and media didn't repeat them, so vile they were, if there is such a place as hell he will be going straight there, hopefully after spending the rest of his natural life in solitary confinement with a slice of bread each day and no privileges like a TV, scumbag doesn't even cover that lowlife. 

here’s Shahid getting his head bashed in with a dumbbell.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/prison-gym-ambush-left-evil-2715845.amp

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I've never worked in the restaurant business so don't know the answer to this...does a service charge go to the servers and kitchen staff or to the management?

If it's the latter I would suggest opting out of an "optional" service charge and instead leave a tip.

When I worked in the kitchen it was split equally with everyone working that day regardless of role.

Boy I know and would occasionally hang about with, ended up killing brutally killing his mum just before Christmas a few years back.  He had a lot off issues due to personal tragedy in his life, resulting in him taking a lot of drugs.  The murder was all over the national news and he's now in Carstairs.

As for tipping, I don't mind places automatically adding service charge.  

On 22/08/2022 at 11:45, ICTChris said:

I wouldn't say I knew him but a guy who was, briefly, in my year at school was convicted for murder.

Here is a story from the trial.  Murdered because you said Marco Negri was crap.

While not convicted of murder, this woman was also in my year at school

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/BOOZE+PROMISE+KILLER+GOES+FREE%3B+Mercy+of+a+High+Court+judge+for+ill...-a0114658510

I'm 4 or 5 years younger than you I think and went to Millburn but we used to get told mental stories of the kind of stuff 'older boys' used to do in and around the Hilton and Cauldeen areas back in the day.  Lads you were probably at the Inverness Royal Academy with, which would tie in with this story which actually rings a bell although I thought it happened around 2003/04.  I mind it involved the Old Firm, unsurprisingly.

11 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Boy I know and would occasionally hang about with, ended up killing brutally killing his mum just before Christmas a few years back.  He had a lot off issues due to personal tragedy in his life, resulting in him taking a lot of drugs.  The murder was all over the national news and he's now in Carstairs.

As for tipping, I don't mind places automatically adding service charge.  

This is the kind of post I like most on P&B. Two utterly unrelated topics somehow combined - murderers plus leaving tips. 

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I'm 4 or 5 years younger than you I think and went to Millburn but we used to get told mental stories of the kind of stuff 'older boys' used to do in and around the Hilton and Cauldeen areas back in the day.  Lads you were probably at the Inverness Royal Academy with, which would tie in with this story which actually rings a bell although I thought it happened around 2003/04.  I mind it involved the Old Firm, unsurprisingly.

There were three really mental lads in my year - one was the guy I linked to above, the other got murdered a few years back and the other is now a drug addict who periodically appears in the local papers being nicked for housebreaking etc.