fixtures

i know kennie is on here often , can i ask what is the reason on website that darvels remaining 13 fixtures are all listed however only 7 of talbots remaining 9 games are listed ? that doesnt make it a level playing field , darvel are having to play all their games rightly so monday , wednesday , saturday to catch up and most of it because park is a shambles but surely if they have all their games listed then every other team should have as well ? 

i know kennie is on here often , can i ask what is the reason on website that darvels remaining 13 fixtures are all listed however only 7 of talbots remaining 9 games are listed ? that doesnt make it a level playing field , darvel are having to play all their games rightly so monday , wednesday , saturday to catch up and most of it because park is a shambles but surely if they have all their games listed then every other team should have as well ? 
Talbot still in a few cups probably more than Darvel that's maybe why

34 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It's a fair point J. Only way to fix things like this is with a full fixture card at the start of the season. Hopefully next year.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

At some point April 2nd v. Rossvale and April 30th @ Glenafton Athletic were scheduled, but have been postponed due to the SCC and SJC.

I'm guessing those are the missing fixtures?

Understandable but they should just have been moved to an alternative date instead of disappearing completely. DL is right. It's looking like going down to the wire so transparency is a key factor in the parity of the run in.

10 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Understandable but they should just have been moved to an alternative date instead of disappearing completely. DL is right. It's looking like going down to the wire so transparency is a key factor in the parity of the run in.

Considering how annoying the website is to navigate in its design and updates. They might very well have been.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Considering how annoying the website is to navigate in its design and updates. They might very well have been.

Very true. Do the clubs get updated on fixtures directly or do they rely on the website too?

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Why's that an unlevel playing field? I can't think of much advantage to be had from it.

Talbot can see all the matches Darvel have yet to play and when they are but the same can't be said in reverse. The postponed Darvel matches have been shoehorned in but Talbot's rescheduled ones haven't. I'd be the same if it was the other way round and asking why the dates haven't been set. It's a fair question.

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Talbot can see all the matches Darvel have yet to play and when they are but the same can't be said in reverse. The postponed Darvel matches have been shoehorned in but Talbot's rescheduled ones haven't. I'd be the same if it was the other way round and asking why the dates haven't been set. It's a fair question.

I understood the perceived issue just not the nature of the advantage (because there isn't one).

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Not sure it's really much of an issue, looks fairly obvious to me - Auchinleck have two games remaining and two Saturdays left in May, though if they beat Pollok on Saturday then the Hurlford game on 30th April has to move.

Darvel also have a League Cup game on 13th April which assuming they win will probably be squeezed into the first two weeks of May to get that competition progressed, especially for Conference clubs who have played all their games. 

I'm sure the last thing Kennie wants is some more postponements which move the Monday games into May, dangerously close to the deadline for crowning a champion.

19 minutes ago, Kennie said:

I do still read this forum, but I haven’t posted anything for a long while. Probably because the more I try to explain something the more argument it raises.

I will however make an exception this time.

I have a deadline to stick to.

In order for a WoSFL Club to participate in the LL play-off, we need to declare a champion before the first game in the play-offs, which is set for Saturday 21st May.

I therefore, some time ago, decide to clear all fixtures from May to keep them for possible postponements. These postponements could arise due to Covid (still possible) weather related postponements, abandonments, or Cup games, especially the South Challenge Cup, which takes priority over the League games. (Not my preference and outwith my control).

A number of clubs have had postponements and most have been re-scheduled. In the cases of Darvel and Talbot, and to a lesser extent Pollok, Their games against Cumbernauld and Rob Roy are proving to be problematic. But they need played before the deadline as they may have a bearing on who goes forward.

I then have the South Challenge Cup game between Talbot and Pollok this Saturday, the winner of which will play in the semi-final on the 30th April. This will displace either Glenafton v Talbot or Troon v Pollok.

So that’s me into May’s reserve dates.

The potential games that may come about are quite complicated, but here you go. If Talbot win, Glenafton v Talbot will go to 7th May, Glenafton will play Kilwinning on 30th April in the Killmarnock Pie Cup, providing that Glens have defeated East Kilbride Thistle in the cup game on 16th April, if not they will play Blantyre Vics in the league and East Kilbride Thistle will play Kilwinning Rangers in the cup on Saturday 7th May. Also on 7th May, Cumbernauld will play Pollok. Talbot will play Rob Roy on Wednesday 4th April and Cumbernauld on 14th April.

I do hope you are keeping up.

Now if Pollok win on 2nd April, Troon v Pollok will be moved to 7th May, Cumbernauld will need to move to 14th May. Cumbernauld will play Talbot on 7th May. Glenafton v Talbot will stay at 30th April and Glenafton will play either Kilwinning or Blantyre on 7th May.

The above possibilities involve some of the teams that still have outstanding games v Darvel and until I have clarity on what those outcomes are, I cannot move any of Darvel’s games into May.

Still with me?

On Wednesday 13th April, Darvel play Bellshill in the Kilmarnock Pie Cup and the outcome of that also throws up possibilities. If Darvel win, they will then play either Shotts or Ardeer and that could be played like so, Ardeer v Darvel 7th May or Shotts v Darvel on 14th May.

The Strathclyde Demolition Cup is on course and is now at the Final. The Scottish Junior Cup is also on course and is at the Semi-Final stage with the date fixed for the Final well after the deadline for the Play-Offs. The Kilmarnock Pie Cup needs sorting out as I do not want to keep any clubs hanging around waiting for weeks on end without a game.

This is only the tip of the iceberg as there are many other games that need scheduled. I will change some of Darvel’s midweeks where possible to try to bring about balance. But I need to see what’s available first.

I hope this helps you understand what is happening at the moment.

Think you mean Talbot robroy 4th may, and 14th may Cumbernauld