Should Orange Marches be banned?

Ban the Orange Marches  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I look at something like Pride, that’s about equality and inclusiveness, whereas the OO is a hate march.

Yep, they aren't remotely comparable. I have no idea what the Orange marches are there to promote or protest about. I doubt other such organisations would have the political backing to routinely close roads in Scotland's largest city. Could you imagine independence marches every week with roads closed for a few folk, I imagine they would be told to get lost.

The orange marches do seem to be a hot bed for disorder and despite the police being in attendance it at least hasn't been reported that folk get huckled out the marches.

51 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Genuine question - not trying to go down the line of ‘they make Scotland look bad to potential visitors’ or being sexist, but has there ever been a wid on a walk?

216FA1BF-C4F4-4EBC-9D59-60EBF50EA168.jpeg

43 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I’ll feel less guilty fapping over these then

4A568266-777F-43F9-A5BF-5B2248F2969F.jpeg

_67178627_67178622.jpg.a46be43295df491b0d02ad944f99f058.jpg

1 minute ago, carpetmonster said:

On the evidence of the last couple of photos they probably can’t walk so far for so long. 

See that's what I laugh at, baw shaped folk managing to walk a fair distance despite never having exercised in their lives.

Like it or not it's a breeding ground for bigotry so on that basis get it in the bin. 

It's like when Rangers celebrate armed forces day, they don't actually care about it, it's nothing but a thinly veiled attempt to wind up "the t***s". It's utterly pathetic behaviour. 

Edited by red23

They give Protestants a bad name. You never see marches in North Berwick or Gifford. These walks are always in some Godless, post industrial, dystopian wasteland, attended by chavs in Sevco tops. The lowest of the low. Utter detritus.

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

What is the actual purported purpose of these things? 

I've never seen one nor met anyone who goes on them (or at least admits it). 

Just to wake folk having a lie-in and the nightshift punters an hour or two later further down the road. 

32 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

They give Protestants a bad name. You never see marches in North Berwick or Gifford. These walks are always in some Godless, post industrial, dystopian wasteland, attended by chavs in Sevco tops. The lowest of the low. Utter detritus.

They still burn alleged witches in Gifford though.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Why do they stop outside certain places for unhealthy lengths of time if they aren't at the wind up?

Probably looked through a window and seen a colour TV for the first time.

If the broadcasters offered decent coverage, I'll bet quite a few people would tune in to watch a Pamplona style Running of the Bulls in Glasgow. Obviously, we'd want to minimise disruption to the residents so is there any reason it couldn't be held at the same time and location as the Orangemen's Big Day Oot?

12 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Those who would ban Orange Marches are really no better than those they wish to see banned. 

Nah, as you said yourself they are an absolute underclass, indeed I'd go as far as a subspecies. 

Literally everyone in Scotland is better than these corpulent, bigoted losers. 

Banning them won't solve much. As with most things, prohibition doesn't really tackle the underlying problems. It's not like they will stop teaching their children to hate catholics simply by dint of not being allowed to walk past a chapel while playing "The Sash". If anything, I think it would make them more rabid.

Anyone wanting to march should be allowed to, but they should also be submitting a full plan to the council advising on expected numbers, the council should be planning the route to ensure minimum disruption, and the organisation involved should be footing the policing and clean up bill.