Should Orange Marches be banned?

Ban the Orange Marches  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Fair point.  I'll update it so say "banning an organisation with Irish roots from celebrating their culture".

They can celebrate their "culture" in a field though. Nobody is stopping them. 

3 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

An orange walk with great big banners saying "we celebrate our Irish history" and hundreds of tricolours flying is something i'd like to see.

An organisation with Irish roots celebrating a battle in Ireland?  Carrying a flag with St Patrick's saltire?  How much more Irishy does it have to be?

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

An organisation with Irish roots celebrating a battle in Ireland?  Carrying a flag with St Patrick's saltire?  How much more Irishy does it have to be?

The Boyne is in the Republic of Ireland, isn’t it?

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Everybody in wee leprechaun costumes and a bit of that river dance stuff instead of that frankly embarrassing drum and tin recorder shite and I'll allow it.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Everybody in wee leprechaun costumes and a bit of that river dance stuff instead of that frankly embarrassing drum and tin recorder shite and I'll allow it.

Sorry you have to caricature Irish people in this way.  You are clearly part of the problem.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sorry you have to caricature Irish people in this way.  You are clearly part of the problem.

Why not just combine things and join in on St Patricks day instead of wandering about town centres in the summer literally and figuratively cocking your leg against each lampost?  Wouldn't that just be better for everyone? 

2 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Why not just combine things and join in on St Patricks day instead of wandering about town centres in the summer literally and figuratively cocking your leg against each lampost?  Wouldn't that just be better for everyone? 

What a silly willy you are.  You joined in 2012 just to post about Rangers and, in the ensuing 10 years,  have embraced every trope going.  Not an original thought in your empty head.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

What a silly willy you are.  You joined in 2012 just to post about Rangers and, in the ensuing 10 years,  have embraced every trope going.  Not an original thought in your empty head.

And they died an hilarious and utterly disgraceful death and I laughed until I was sick. Your point?

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Genuine question - not trying to go down the line of ‘they make Scotland look bad to potential visitors’ or being sexist, but has there ever been a wid on a walk?

216FA1BF-C4F4-4EBC-9D59-60EBF50EA168.jpeg

Of course! You’ve just posted a picture of them.