Should Orange Marches be banned?

Ban the Orange Marches  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reports on social media that Orange marchers were spitting in the faces of kids today. A couple of years ago they spat in the face of a priest in Glasgow. I saw them doing their synchronised waddle through Glasgow today and couldn't help but notice their route slithered past as many Catholic churches as possible.

I'm all for freedom of expression but this is akin to letting kiddy fiddlers march past schools.

It's intimidatory (not so) passive aggression and frankly has no place in the country Scotland aims to become.

Should we just bite the bullet and ban them? 

7 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Put them in a field & let them march to their hearts content. Shite like that shouldn’t be allowed to inconvenience the public in general at the the expense of the general public. 

Put them in the same field as the other lot of bigots and let them have at it. 

Machine gun any survivors.

The Scottish Government own Prestwick Airport, could stick their marches there. They could then march/waddle up and down the runways. Would keep them away from city and town centres and being an Airport there is already some fencing and security arrangements in place.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If we are to ban overly aggressive and full of weirdo marches then can we add the independence ones next on the list too, please. 

Unless you're taking cues from losers like @The_Kincardine then no, Indy marches wouldn't be banned because they aren't full of purple faced, catholic-hating gargoyles. A few weirdos I'll give you. 

Banning them would only feed their victim complexes, but having a stipulation like ‘you must be this tall to ride’ of having a BMI under 50 to take part. Frame it as protecting the NHS from being overloaded with coronaries all at once and it’d de facto ban itself. 

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The marches shouldn’t be banned but they should be policed better and anyone who goes highly vilified as a disgusting bigot.

They shouldn’t be policed at all, waste of fucking money. If they’re that dedicated to their cause they can pay for their own security and I’ll open a steamroller dealership on Charing Cross. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Restrict them to the M8 (handy for most of the f***ers) and never close the road for them.

There's roadworks at Kingston Bridge, Braehead and just beyond Erskine junction, they'd be marching on the spot.

20 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The marches shouldn’t be banned but they should be policed better and anyone who goes highly vilified as a disgusting bigot.

There were about 50 of the twats bimbling round today, outnumbered at least 4 to 1 by the police. Dozens of riot vans, mounted cavalry, blue meanies and a helicopter. A massive police presence to help the bigoted morons give a big GIRUY to Catholics. 

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Unfortunately, no.

Arrest anyone who is doing anything illegal and let the the rest of the crimplene clad corpulent c***s 'celebrate their culture'.

They should be policed with a zero tolerance attitude though. 

I agree that they are horrific and an absolute shame on Scotland, but they view it as legitimate religious observance. Id rather they marched in parks or whatever but i think the ‘get it up ye’factor of disturbing everyone else is part of the thrill for them. I think the Orange Order should contribute to the security costs, but i think the organisers of every event should after a certain threshold is met (in terms of volume of events/size of crowd/risk of disorder) but that would require an independent commission to adjudicate on. 

I’m a Catholic and can honestly say I’m not remotely bothered by them marching around, past churches or whatever. What does it matter? 

Anti-social or criminal behaviour should be dealt with accordingly. I don’t believe in collective punishment. 

Banning would make huge martyrs of them and more problems would be created than solved by such a measure.

Any attempt to ban them or apply conditions relating to charging for policing would open the door to banning or further restricting legitimate protests.

That said a zero tolerance to any sectarian actions and routing the parades so they don’t pass catholic churches would be legitimate.