WrestleMania 38

TheGoon

Night 2 was a bit of a slog. Opener and Edge/Styles (and Knoxville/Zayn) were fantastic, but the main event was another dud and everything else was dross.

Agree if you made this one night and cut out the filler it’d have been fantastic. “It’d end up 7 hours long again” - don’t put every c**t and their granny on the card then! Should be the best of the best being showcased. 

Bron Breaker & Cody are the only ones I could seriously see beating Roman, but not sure how/when they get there.

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

Night 2 was a bit of a slog. Opener and Edge/Styles (and Knoxville/Zayn) were fantastic, but the main event was another dud and everything else was dross.

Agree if you made this one night and cut out the filler it’d have been fantastic. “It’d end up 7 hours long again” - don’t put every c**t and their granny on the card then! Should be the best of the best being showcased. 

Bron Breaker & Cody are the only ones I could seriously see beating Roman, but not sure how/when they get there.

If they do it right, Cody will be given a solid build up over the next few months and become the champ at SummerSlam.

If they do their usual rush job he will confront Roman tonight on Raw and be annihilated at the next PPV Premium Live Event.

Pretty meh night 2. There was so much time wasting. The shite with HHH, seeing the HoF folk again, multiple recaps; the show could easily have been cut by an hour at least.

Opened really strong with the triple threat tag match. Was a lot of fun and really enjoyable. A perfect Mania opener.

Lashley vs Omos was rank. Omos is absolutely terrible. He got almost no reaction from the crowd. A total waste of Lashley, who is a star. Omos will surely be punted by the end of the year. How must folk like Balor and Ricochet (US and IC champs incidentally) feel when they see a shite, talentless tit like Omos get a match and payday on Mania whilst they get nothing?

Sami Zayne vs Johnny Knoxville was great. Utter fucking nonsense but deeply entertaining. Some ridiculous spots there. I loved it. This is a great example of how to incorporate famous folk in to Mania.

Women's tag was decent, but then they suddenly decided to rush it, with everyone hitting their finishers. Those titles mean nothing though.

AJ Styles vs Edge was fine. I expected more though, and it had a weak ending. When you don't build stories this is what you get, matches being used to start a story. Edge and Priest together should be decent at least.

The New Day match was a disgrace. Pointless and embarrassing. Also, Butch can get so far to f**k. He's like Scrappy Doo. Awful character.

McAfee vs Theory was really good. McAfee looked great in the ring (again) and was massively over. Shame that they had ruin things with old man Vince after though.

Brock vs Reigns was not the biggest match in Wrestlemania history. I know that's just an advertising thing, but it wasn't even in the top 10 in terms of importace before the match, and won't be troubling the top 50 in terms of quality. It wasn’t a bad match at all; indeed it was good. But too much was too familiar. We've seen these guys wrestle too often, doing the same four moves. No doubt it will happen again at some point, but hopefully not for a very long time. Wonder how long it will take before the belts are split again?

Edited by DA Baracus

According to SRS, Vince said he looked too much like Randy Savage with the beard and trunks
Good call, probably did.

Here's Veer now, a guy I followed as a Pittsburgh Pirates minor leaguer after winning a throwing competition in India, now battering rey mysterio's wean on my telly.

That Cody promo last night was something else. He’s going to do his exact AEW run and just hope these fans don’t turn on him for being disingenuous as f**k as quickly.