Greenock Morton v Kilmarnock FC

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Behave yourself sweetheart

Ugwu's shirt has probably been stretched about half a dozen sizes the night with not a foul given. 

I have a feeling that Morton will be challenging for the top 4 next season, that performance reminded me a lot of the Hamilton team that Imrie played in, or Livingston, just absolutely horrible to play against and with such a huge threat from set pieces.

We didn't stand up to that at all and were very lucky to get out with a point. How good a point that is will be determined tomorrow and next week. Haven't seen the penalty back yet, it looked like one from 80 yards away but I forgot my glasses so I'm not sure that is really strong evidence in favour.

see I told u GiGi......

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I have a feeling that Morton will be challenging for the top 4 next season, that performance reminded me a lot of the Hamilton team that Imrie played in, or Livingston, just absolutely horrible to play against and with such a huge threat from set pieces.

We didn't stand up to that at all and were very lucky to get out with a point. How good a point that is will be determined tomorrow and next week. Haven't seen the penalty back yet, it looked like one from 80 yards away but I forgot my glasses so I'm not sure that is really strong evidence in favour.

"It looked likr ONE from  80yds...........oh my goodnrss,

Disappointed to only get a point from that tonight as Killie were there for the beating and were never scoring from open play. We played well and got in their faces from the off.

Referee was fucking terrible, as was Killie’s keeper.

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It honestly wasn't for the handball shout as the player had his arms close to his body. The other claim Oli Shaw had was even weaker as it was simply a tangling of legs, I agree that may well be an important point nonetheless.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I stand at that end of the Cowshed and didn't think it was at the time, McLeans rage at the time also made me think it wasn't. Have watched it now, it wasn't a penalty. I would like to think that it was just a mistake by the referee, but he had so many mistakes tonight it was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, NFL12 said:

Maybe even Hurlford, Auchinleck or Cumnock? That’s his type of football. Not Arbroath though. They’re minnows

Okay you might be right...then you can always look at the league positions

5 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

Disappointed to only get a point from that tonight as Killie were there for the beating and were never scoring from open play. We played well and got in their faces from the off.

Ayrshire......Referees.

7 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

pm me

yhis

The players and manager must be absolutely gutted that they didn't win that. Totally bossed it and had Killie running scared. Thought Wilson was tremendous and had undoubtedly his best game for us. Strapp excellent  too and gozie back to his best too. Not a bad performance all over the park. Special mention  to the back 3 who were excellent.  

To be honest  I thought  it was a penalty  when I saw it at the game but havi seen it on TV its very harsh. Don't blame McLean for going mental. Referee  was always going to give the benefit of the doubt against us. He was one of the worst I've seen at Cappielow this season which is saying something.  Still need another win to be safe imo but its another point on the board and night and day from earlier on in the season.

Any word on the killie fan who was getting  medical attention during the game?

We played poorly and probably didn't deserve a point at all, but here we are. Disappointed with the performance, but we take it, count ourselves lucky and move on. Morton will absolutely be challenging for the title next season, where we will be remains to be seen. How good this point is will depend on how the Lichties get on today, but for now I'll consider the positives and move on.

That was a horrible watch, from a Killie perspective, but you have to take your hats off to Imrie and Morton. They had a game plan, they stuck to it and it worked. We barely got a sniff and if not for the pen, which was a stonewaller by the way, that would have been a loss. 

Quite why Deek didn’t change the formation or bring on subs much much earlier is beyond me. 

The only crumb of comfort is Arbroath still have to play Morton. If the Ton can repeat that performance, I’ve no doubt they’ll beat Arbroath’s plucky hybrid team.