Greenock Morton v Kilmarnock FC

Predictions for this, lads?

Same XI for me. The only doubt is Rory, who apparently left the stadium on crutches yesterday. He’s been outstanding lately. Another must win game. Nae slipping up now. Avanti! 

Scan for Rory on Monday, don't think we will see him , would bring The Colonel back in for height at the back and an extra goal threat. I understand its more money to splash out but i really hope the fans turn up in massive numbers to help drive the team on. 2-1 Killie

Looking forward to this - a crucial win and a potential banana skin for us, but the momentum is behind us now and it's a great chance to really crank up the pressure on the Lichties by getting the points on the board early on. I don't expect Thistle will do us many favours next weekend given yesterday's game. If I had to predict a score right now I'd say 2-1 to Killie.

In all honesty, now we're in a position where it's ours to lose I'm less confident than at any time this season. All three games on Fridays will be watched with trepidation until the sums add up for us. Head says we should be good enough for at least a win, possibly by two, but the heart has already started to play up. I'm not making any predictions from now until the end of the season.

Anyhoo, 'Mon the Killie! Get it right fúcking up these troglodytes!*

*Based on the "welcoming" brick and bottle-throwing we used to endure in the days when they though having that goal-hanging cúnt Ritchie made them a proper team.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Anyhoo, 'Mon the Killie! Get it right fúcking up these troglodytes!*

*Based on the "welcoming" brick and bottle-throwing we used to endure in the days when they though having that goal-hanging cúnt Ritchie made them a proper team.

🤔    Have you always been a fanny, or did you have to work at it?

Purely rhetorical, how you got there really doesn’t matter.

We are yet to lose under Imrie at Cappielow ( 3W, 3D)

if we are still undefeated after the game, I'm sure most Morton fans would take it and its another point to almost safety. 

Looking forward to seeing McInnes back at Cappielow. Dont think he has managed against us at Cappielow since 2008-2009 with St Johnstone.

17 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Expert analysis there. I’ll be generous and assume you’ve never actually seen said c*nt play.

[p.s. wee Derek’ll batter you if he hears you talking like that.]

I must have been to at least half-a-dozen Killie/Morton games where he was on the team sheet and, you're correct, never saw him play. Saw the cúnt score a few, mind in between trundling aimlessly up and down the park.

I understand why Morton fans have fond memories, but he was always that kind of player - bone idle but always in the right place to score. Playing for your team, an absolute hero, for any other team a lazy twat who somehow always seemed to score.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I must have been to at least half-a-dozen Killie/Morton games where he was on the team sheet and, you're correct, never saw him play. Saw the cúnt score a few, mind in between trundling aimlessly up and down the park.

I understand why Morton fans have fond memories, but he was always that kind of player - bone idle but always in the right place to score. Playing for your team, an absolute hero, for any other team a lazy twat who somehow always seemed to score.

Andy Ritchie. What a player he was. No doubt with a different attitude he could have been a great player. But I’ll tell you what. He had more skill about him as a part time player than the many thousand “professional robots” that have followed in the last few decades. 

3 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Utter garbage, Andy Ritchie was a fantastic player for Morton.   How I would have loved him the Killie team around that period. 

Yep. He certainly had the goal scoring touch when he felt like it. He just didn't like putting that extra effort in which could have lifted him into a different bracket. Infuriating for opponents, he was obviously going to be a stand out at a team like Morton, but with more of a work ethic he could have been great. That goal posted above I don't have to see again - that's the kind of thing I mean. Right place, right time - like Nicholas or Boyd, you can't teach that. I remember him being the difference that game - coincidentally the same game that gave rise to my reference to bottles and bricks. I believe he was top scorer in the Premier in 78 or 79, which you don't do without having something about you.

Apologies, Morton fans, for my iconoclastic comments, but he fucked Killie more than once, so I'm never going to be a major fan. I get a wee bit annoyed that he didn't fulfill his potential and score a few goals at international level - I'd have quite liked him to be "my" fat lazy tw@ for a change.