Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

Just now, Enigma said:

Which was kind of my point, neither are natural leaders but these are our experienced players. Berra’s really the only guy in the leader bracket.

Yeh it's a fair point and perhaps quite reflective of the league. I don't think Dunfermline have had a natural leader on the park for a few seasons now. Some of the players might be experienced but I don't think we have had someone to look for building morale and digging us out the shit. Dom Thomas' skills do that but I'm not sure I would call him a leader.

Having watched the highlights and running the game in my head going to bed last night, just a few points to throw out there: 

• We love a corner in front of the NW, we seem to get a lot of joy from balls to the near post from there? 
  • I take back Polworth's position when O'Hara went through 1 v 1. He was perfectly placed to square the ball to.
  • Ambrose might be slow and occasionally goes for a dander on the ball, but his composure and defensive headers at the back should not be overlooked. There were a few clearances he made that were crucial to keeping that clean sheet. 
  • Matt Cafu Todd had another impressive game at right back, enough to literally get Zannatta subbed off. Well done lad, keep that up. Edwards on the other side is also growing in confidence. 

Edwards for a full back is inconsistent, but he's really grown on me the last few weeks, seems to have bulked up a bit aswell. 
Thought he was one of our best performers last night. Has come on again recently and I'm not usually a fan

Edwards for a full back is inconsistent, but he's really grown on me the last few weeks, seems to have bulked up a bit aswell. 

He’s one of the very few players that has progressed this season. He’s really upped his game recently. Defensively, he’s been very good and he is growing in confidence on the ball as well. I liked him having the confidence to hit a shot from distance, keeping it low and hard in that awful goalmouth in the second half. Had a few decent crosses and his movement when he charges forward causes teams problems/has them worried.

Well that was the most pathetic performance I've ever seen us put in, in a derby. We've maybe lost by bigger scorelines but Dunfermline have never had an easier 90 minutes than that against us. Can't even remember a one shot at goal or a single time where we even caused the dunfermline defence the slightest bit of trouble. The team is soft as shit and has no fight in them. The managers team  selection was bizarre and after hearing his post match comments I think he has completely lost the plot. I'll not be bothering with anymore of that pish this season.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

It's marginally ahead of the "winning a derby against a team you're four places behind in the league" trophy, in the grand scheme of things. 

What some were billing as the rovers best season in god knows how long and giving it the big un about being kings of fife to signing a rapist and still being unable to beat the worst pars team ive seen since i started watching them 34 years ago in the space of 6 months but still winning the ramsdens ladder world championship trophy or whatever its called these days must feel like a rollercoaster.

8 hours ago, cambozpar said:

What some were billing as the rovers best season in god knows how long and giving it the big un about being kings of fife to signing a rapist and still being unable to beat the worst pars team ive seen since i started watching them 34 years ago in the space of 6 months but still winning the ramsdens ladder world championship trophy or whatever its called these days must feel like a rollercoaster.

Who on earth has called this “the best Rovers season in god knows how long”? 😂 Everyone I know cannot wait for it to be over. Stop slavering. 

Who on earth has called this “the best Rovers season in god knows how long”? [emoji23] Everyone I know cannot wait for it to be over. Stop slavering. 

I’m sure there would have been plenty saying things not far off it prior to new year.

Last Season was far better than this one. And every single Rovers fan would’ve told you that every single week of this season.
Doesn't even count cause it was behind closed doors tae.