Pars vs Rovers - Wed 6th April

14 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a chance I’d be attending Pars games just now if the roles were reversed.

So fucking easy to say shit like that, I hope it never happens to you but .....

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's a sliding scale in football with regards to just what football fans will put up with, in regards to how good they are at football stuff. 

If John McGlynn had the record of Locke, Smith or Yogi it would've been a convenient excuse for him to be ushered out the door, is it is he's still stinking out the Scottish championship, brilliant. 

That makes perfect sense eh? 😂 ya slavering fud. 

Cardleismagic and you absolutely love talking about the rapist it seems. We all know your views on the matter as you've been all over the Rovers thread for months. Give it a rest and talk about the match ffs. 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Just remember and thank us when we have our customery last 20 min collapse that gifts you the 3 points

This would be class if you could arrange it, thank you. 

6 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Cardleismagic and you absolutely love talking about the rapist it seems. We all know your views on the matter as you've been all over the Rovers thread for months. Give it a rest and talk about the match ffs. 

Typo bro, replace the first "is" with "as". 

I'll post what I want, cheers x. 

2 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

So fucking easy to say shit like that, I hope it never happens to you but .....

It’s easy to say because it’s true.

Thankfully, few clubs would ignorantly self-destruct in such lamentable fashion.

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Sometimes the truth hurts, so I can understand why the Rovers’ supporters limply trying to sweep it under the rug are now lashing out.

All the insults and jibes won’t hide the fact you’re cheering on a team every week led by a rape apologist.

7 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

I'll address the elephant in the room here whilst I'm on, it's a disgrace that an utter diddy, mickey mouse cup final takes precedence over league duties resulting in this game being played midweek. Not a single Fife derby on a Saturday all season. Shambles man.

Spot on, 4 Fife derbies and 4 Ayrshire derbies, not one on a Saturday!! Fans don’t seem to matter to whoever decides these things.

It’s easy to say because it’s true.

No, it’s easy to say because you’ve never had to make the decision whether to accept the apology of someone who has made a horrendous decision, or to stop supporting the club which has been a massive part of your life for decades, is maybe the only excuse you have to meet up with friends or family, or the thing which allows you to forget about life for a few hours once a week.

The continual bleatings of certain fans is becoming extremely tiresome.
We get it- you think it was a terrible decision to sign him. We do too.
Most of us think the club, and our support for it, is bigger than one mistake, however unbelievably gigantic that mistake may have been.
And I’m willing to bet that as a fan base you lot would have reacted in a very similar manner.
But we’ll never know because we were the fucking stupid ones.

So come down off that fucking high horse and let’s talk about how many goals we’ll concede in the last 15mins.

16 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

No, it’s easy to say because you’ve never had to make the decision whether to accept the apology of someone who has made a horrendous decision, or to stop supporting the club which has been a massive part of your life for decades, is maybe the only excuse you have to meet up with friends or family, or the thing which allows you to forget about life for a few hours once a week.

The continual bleatings of certain fans is becoming extremely tiresome.
We get it- you think it was a terrible decision to sign him. We do too.
Most of us think the club, and our support for it, is bigger than one mistake, however unbelievably gigantic that mistake may have been.
And I’m willing to bet that as a fan base you lot would have reacted in a very similar manner.
But we’ll never know because we were the fucking stupid ones.

So come down off that fucking high horse and let’s talk about how many goals we’ll concede in the last 15mins.

McGlynn eventually apologised, days later after being shamed into it. I’d have had zero trouble rejecting that and totally backed the Rovers’ fans who wanted to get the Board and manager cleared out for the damage they caused.

It’s really disappointing that was seemingly all just hot air and the support has now collectively shrugged its shoulders and let the apathy wash over them.

The reason clubs treat their fans like shit is because they’ll get away with it. They can treat the support with total disdain because they know people will do absolutely f**k all in response.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Not a chance I’d be attending Pars games just now if the roles were reversed.

Doesn,t and wont solve the issue though.Unfortunately DG is still a Rovers player irrespective of who the manager is and whatever BOD is in place 

What is done is done and nothing the supporters do can change that

Our club struggles enough for finance without the supporters boycotting games etc etc

Spot on, 4 Fife derbies and 4 Ayrshire derbies, not one on a Saturday!! Fans don’t seem to matter to whoever decides these things.

Surely having these local fixtures midweek or on Fridays/Mondays is actually more fan-friendly than having to travel to the other end of the country on those days?

It's also ignoring that there was an Ayrshire Derby scheduled for New Year date but both clubs specifically asked to move it to midweek to allow fans to attend. Meanwhile the Fife Derby did take place on that date, which might as well be a Saturday given that it was daytime on a public holiday.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Surely having these local fixtures midweek or on Fridays/Mondays is actually more fan-friendly than having to travel to the other end of the country on those days?

It's also ignoring that there was an Ayrshire Derby scheduled for New Year date but both clubs specifically asked to move it to midweek to allow fans to attend. Meanwhile the Fife Derby did take place on that date, which might as well be a Saturday given that it was daytime on a public holiday.

A lot of people work shifts so can’t make midweek games and taking out the New year game 7 of arguably the leagues biggest games were scheduled  on days other than a Saturday, doesn’t make sense imo.

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

This thread is going to be fun. 

Looking at the Goodwillie content it’s maybe best avoided until nearer the time. We’ve a diddy trophy 🏆  to win.

The game will be pish anyway. The previous three haven’t been classics.

Failing to beat the worst Dunfermline team in years would be another low for this season. Incredible that a season that saw a lengthy unbeaten run has wound up so bad. 

Can't see a good result coming off the back of the cup final tbh. 

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

For fans who attend every/most games being more local midweek helps.  However derbys are special and they are one of the few fixtures that attract the more casual fans  and much higher away supports.  The financial impact over having rovers at home midweek vs someone like Inverness is far larger. 

Midweek games are unavoidable, you’re probably looking for a sweet spot where travel is still reasonable without having the local rivalry aspect. 

16 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Except there was a crowd of 500 Rovers supporters there only due to Covid restrictions.

I understand that’s not the SPFL’s fault but it just adds to a shite season for the derbies, especially when you add in the abandoned match.