Alloa Athletic vs Dumbarton

Duthie had made a great run into the box in the second half but checked back instead of shooting and then had a shot that came to nothing. I said to my mate that it was probably down to a lack of confidence. As the last two posts have said, hopefully that he gets that back after his two goals today. I think he's a good player and I'd love it of he can build on that ending today.

7 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

my better half has just described my reaction to that Syvertsen winner as “absolutely ridiculous”. I think I need a lie down.

I was told the same for the Jaime Wilson header last season by someone who supports Man Utd 🤮

3 hours ago, Sons Fan said:

hope to god the two goals today give Duthie some confidence in front of goal. He has the pace and can beat a man but Christ his crossing and shooting need work or confidence. 

Shame the two goals the absolute diddy Clyde commentator credited him with didn’t do it!

Thought Alloa should have had the game buried long before the opener but we didn't and fair play to Dumbarton for getting themselves back in it and then winning after that unbelievable strike by riley-snow although I think It was the only positive he had when he came on, he genuinely looked all over the place and that lazy leg for the penalty was stupidity. 

I was sitting beside a guy who had come to an Alloa game for the first time with his as his child was in the community club. He turnt to me at 80 minutes and said I can't take this anymore i have seen a better standard at amateur level I'm off and then left 😂 so it will be a surprise to him when he gets home that the game finished 3-2 as he left at 0-0 😂

As much as I was supporting the losing side yesterday, fair play to the Dumbarton fans the way you celebrated that late winner was sickening and good to watch all at the same time. We had a very similar experience away to Queens Park earlier in the season and they are the special memorable moments as a football fan. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Having watched the highlights three times (so far), I have to say congratulations to Jan for appearing to remain calm and professional at the late goals. I certainly couldn't do that.

:lol: After the Airdrie game earlier in the season that was a walk in the park. My heartbeat went up to near enough 170 during the Airdrie game, but yesterday it didn't go above 80. Always had faith that we'd be leaving with three points...

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Having watched the highlights three times (so far), I have to say congratulations to Jan for appearing to remain calm and professional at the late goals. I certainly couldn't do that.

He did it against Airdrie too, incredibly.

On 02/04/2022 at 20:54, printer said:

Can't ever remember seeing an Alloa player as perplexing as Hendo. The first chance he missed, from Boyd's cross, was one a player of his ability should put away (nearly) every time. The second when he beats the offside trap from Scougs' chip is arguably even easier as he's got a bit more time.

He's got top level ability with lightning pace, as we've seen several times. I'm sure coaches have been trying to get through to him to work harder, be more consistent for a while  now, or is he like he is partly because he thinks he is better than Alloa and is playing at, say, 80% a lot of the time? 

Don't know what the answer is tbh.

With his pace and trickery he can be pretty much unstoppable when he gets going, particularly at this level. His work rate is poor though and he doesn't even try to hide it, you sometimes see him pulling up when the ball gets away from him. Maybe that is indeed because he thinks he is better than Alloa, which doesn't really bode well for him. More worrying though is his lack of composure. How many times have we see him go on a great run and then pick out nobody with his final ball? A good few times we had certain goals if he looked up and played a simple pass. His finishing was rubbish yesterday too. Certainly has the potential to be a very good player but there are plenty of alarm bells there. Has a lot of work to do if he is going to deliver on his potential and make it at a club like Hearts. 

I'd be happy enough if he was dropped to the bench next week, the best attacking performance under Rice was against Cove when he was suspended. Who knows, might even get some kind of reaction with him with that. Need a reaction from the whole team really, such a flat performance. 

Obviously big Norway is getting all the plaudits after that. But what about Eoghan Stokes cameo?

Played a role in the second and third goals. It was a lovely turn in the build-up to the second, and his leap for the winner was superb. He just wanted it more than the defender and was unlucky not to score himself.

He's such a strange player. He usually looks really good off the bench - full of cute touches, neat turns and attacking threat. But then he starts a game and you don't notice him until he's hooked after 62 minutes. I can't get my head around him at all.

His minutes to contributions ratio must be about as good as anyone in our squad. Yet I've no idea where I'd put him. He's not a striker. He's not a winger. He's maybe a #10, but has played there a wee bit from the start and done nothing. He's not strong enough or defensive enough to be a central midfielder, so what do you do with him?

I reckon he'll be away at the end of this season given he's barely played. But if someone could build a team around him, then I reckon he could be a good player at this level. There's a lot to like about him. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him end up at a side like Alloa and do well. He fits the Boyd/Cawley/Scougall mould as a wee guy who is technically excellent, and looks like a player made for astroturf pitches.

A dull one to take at the weekend but got to credit Dumbarton for battling at the end. 

Agree with what’s been said about Henderson, and I wouldn’t be against him being dropped for McIver for this weekend. 

I thought the McIver sub for Boyd was the right decision from Rice and it was good to see his intent to go and try and win the game. We were all over the place after Robbo and Cawley were removed though. 

Real shame we couldn’t get 3 points with what happened elsewhere on Saturday and it makes the Clyde game an absolute must win, with difficult fixtures to close out the season - shame they have absolutely owned us so far this year!

Missed the game ,due to commitments , left the BBC scoreboard at nil nil assuming a bore draw 

Jings crivens whit happened ?

Fair play to our bogey team next up another bogey team , 

still some work to do lads .