Alloa Athletic vs Dumbarton

On 30/03/2022 at 14:10, Vegetableman said:

And in doing so enable Father barry's sign to stick it right up hugh keevins portal .

I'll be phoning at 6pm Monday night sharp if we get 3 points this weekend.

Think Waspie makes a good point with MacIver. Obviously came on at 0-0 last weekend for Sammon and just stretched East Fife defence a bit more effectively. He really should have put his first goal away too but even so I think its likely he'll play from start.

I know Dumbarton on a bad run, but given the history between the two sides in more recent years I just dont expect ever getting an easy game. They beat us at Recs last time out although to be fair we looked likely to push on and win that one until a silly Mendy red card.

Similarly it took a goalkeeping error to get the 3 points in the last game.

After that horrific loss at home to East Fife I would never have suspected we would have a chance to secure safety with four games left to play

I think this has to fall under the category of 'must-win'. A point won't be good enough. It sounds like Faz realises that, so hopefully he approaches it differently to the previous three weeks where he set up for a draw.

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I think this has to fall under the category of 'must-win'. A point won't be good enough. It sounds like Faz realises that, so hopefully he approaches it differently to the previous three weeks where he set up for a draw.

We played 2 strikers and 2 attacking wide players last week. We weren't good enough to win. We didnt create enough clear chances but we weren't set up to draw. It was a lack of quality that did us last Saturday rather than a lack of intent.

47 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

We played 2 strikers and 2 attacking wide players last week. We weren't good enough to win. We didnt create enough clear chances but we weren't set up to draw. It was a lack of quality that did us last Saturday rather than a lack of intent.

There was definitely a lack of intent, we were time wasting for about 45 minutes. No urgency through any of our play. Now even with a win today we're still 9th. I agree we weren't good enough to win but it was clear the players were told a point was all we needed.

What's the parking situation at Alloa nowadays?  Is there still a waste ground next to the KFC with the other option being the supermarket up the road?

Expect the same line up as last week.  Although Duthie works hard and is very direct, he might be the player I'd change out.

What's the parking situation at Alloa nowadays?  Is there still a waste ground next to the KFC with the other option being the supermarket up the road?

Expect the same line up as last week.  Although Duthie works hard and is very direct, he might be the player I'd change out.
I've parked at the Lidls every game this season turning up 5/10 mins before kick off and never had any issues

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Alloa are absolutely ripping the c**t with the price of that stream. 18 quid is a disgrace and if it even so much as buffers folk should be demanding a refund.

In fairness, I seem to recall the Alloa fans are unhappy with this too, but the issue lies with their club, or more probably the owner.  But I'm totally with you on the quality of the stream, and if it is problematic then we should contact the club.

12 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

In fairness, I seem to recall the Alloa fans are unhappy with this too, but the issue lies with their club, or more probably the owner.  But I'm totally with you on the quality of the stream, and if it is problematic then we should contact the club.

Aye certainly not a pop at supporters, I’d be embarassed if we were charging that. Mulraney has a history of it with daft pricing for cup games etc, the Alloa fans very rarely get a deal.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Alloa are absolutely ripping the c**t with the price of that stream. 18 quid is a disgrace and if it even so much as buffers folk should be demanding a refund.

The issue you'll have is that you'll only get a refund if it's our fault and you need to document the issue, show us it and let us troubleshoot. If you unilaterally demand a refund without that you won't get one as agreed in the terms and conditions.

Vodaphone also is a fun network because their IP address all tend to originate from London.

The only mass issue was with permissions against Falkirk from people who had bought the original fixture and had the membership cancelled overriding any future purchases. At home it's been pretty flawless so far - it's the away streams that can sometimes be patchy but that's the nature of streaming on 4G although they are priced at £6. However when 5G is widespread the scope for high quality streams is ridiculous.

A few weeks ago one fan from Airdrie gave this review:

Thought Alloa’s stream and commentary were excellent, what a difference with the actual camera as well compared to the pixellot effort. Also the replays are a great addition. In comparison to Peterhead’s a few weeks ago it’s night and day, albeit its £8 more expensive, it’s well worth it.

Not sure that the price is 'worth it' but it is what it is. 

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

The issue you'll have is that you'll only get a refund if it's our fault and you need to document the issue, show us it and let us troubleshoot. If you unilaterally demand a refund without that you won't get one as agreed in the terms and conditions.

Vodaphone also is a fun network because their IP address all tend to originate from London.

The only mass issue was with permissions against Falkirk from people who had bought the original fixture and had the membership cancelled overriding any future purchases. At home it's been pretty flawless so far - it's the away streams that can sometimes be patchy but that's the nature of streaming on 4G although they are priced at £6. However when 5G is widespread the scope for high quality streams is ridiculous.

A few weeks ago one fan from Airdrie gave this review:

Not sure that the price is 'worth it' but it is what it is. 

I have nae doubt the stream will be fine. The difference with this one compared to others is that if there are issues I’d be looking for a refund due to the price. Normally I wouldn’t bother and would be fairly happy for clubs to just keep the cash but Mulraney can ram it.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I have nae doubt the stream will be fine. The difference with this one compared to others is that if there are issues I’d be looking for a refund due to the price. Normally I wouldn’t bother and would be fairly happy for clubs to just keep the cash but Mulraney can ram it.

Famous last words that everything will be fine though.

My cheeks are always puckered before kick-off that something goes wrong. It's just not happened... yet.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Mine seems fine through a Firestick. There’s a wee bit where you can change the video quality.

Might be because of the dark arts I used to be able to watch it from my current locations.