Alloa Athletic vs Dumbarton

I heard he was absolutely gutted when  Jim goodwin freed him afterwards

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

Scenes when Gaz Fleming's registration comes through on Tuesday and he goes on to relegate Dumbarton again.

Amazing what a couple of wins does to the confidence. You bunch of c***s. 

I suppose that’s what happens when you have a manager that knows what he’s doing it fairly gives you a bit of confidence. Two clean sheets in a row also lift spirits along, for the first time in a season feeling confident of us getting a three game winning streak.

On 27/03/2022 at 21:25, Vegetableman said:

I heard he was absolutely gutted when  Jim goodwin freed him afterwards

Gary Fleming was brilliant Alloa player in the season he played for us. A season changer moving him into a holding midfield role and Alloa Player of the season that campaign. Terrific range of passing and he brought a toughness to our team which allowed Jim Goodwin to concentrate on managing us instead of playing. This freed up the great midfield we had with Flannigan etc and allowed them to play with Gaz having their back.  A brief but brilliant period with Alloa which will be remembered. Always welcome at the recs 

9 hours ago, Oweny said:

Gary Fleming was brilliant Alloa player in the season he played for us. A season changer moving him into a holding midfield role and Alloa Player of the season that campaign. Terrific range of passing and he brought a toughness to our team which allowed Jim Goodwin to concentrate on managing us instead of playing. This freed up the great midfield we had with Flannigan etc and allowed them to play with Gaz having their back.  A brief but brilliant period with Alloa which will be remembered. Always welcome at the recs 

Had a bit of a shaky start though if I remember right , some fans risking a square go by bawling him down ....  😮

On 27/03/2022 at 22:37, The Moonster said:

Amazing what a couple of wins does to the confidence. You bunch of c***s. 

Feels pretty weird for our fans to be confident after all the shite of the past few months. Still a lot to work on too despite the much improved post Barry form. We won easily in the end against East Fife but like the week before against Peterhead, getting in front was crucial. 

24 minutes ago, George Parr said:

That wee period of time in the Championship when we repeatedly owned Alloa was good fun. Unfortunately that won't be the case this week - home win.

That was frustrating for us as there never looked to be much between the sides in general but Dumbarton really dominated the head to heads. That tended to be the difference in us battling against the drop and the Sons being safe a few points above. We played some cracking football those seasons too but really struggled with Dumbarton. Great times for both clubs. 

I'd be happy if we went with the same team as last week here. Henderson hasn't been great of late but hopefully his goal last week will help get him going again. Wonder if manager might consider McIver for Sammon too. But I'd stick with the same team. Really important we keep the tempo up and go for the win that would effectively ensure our safety. Don't want the gap going down to 6 points. 

Edited by Waspie

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

important we keep the tempo up and go for the win that would effectively ensure our safety.

And in doing so enable Father barry's sign to stick it right up hugh keevins portal .