Thistle vs Arbroath - 2nd April 2022

Massive improvement from the last few weeks. Had we played like that in those then I think we’d be pretty comfortable in the playoff places.

Not many chances, some good defending by both sides. We had the slightly better chances, but a draw was probably fair enough. Everyone did pretty well today I thought from our side, with particular mention to Mayo who did well in a position I doubt he’s played before and Hendrie, who I thought was absolutely shite the first few times I saw him but has been fine recently.

I’d have taken a draw before the game so happy enough.

I don’t think Arbroath will be winning the league. 

0-0 probably a fair result. We were on top towards the end but just one of those days. Ref had an absolute shocked I thought for both teams, never had a grip of the game at all. Back at it next week, still not over yet.

32 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Difficult game with both teams having very strong defences which resulted in few chances for strikers.

Arbroath had the best chance, hitting the post, but a draw was a fair result.

Not a great game, with terrible pitch conditions for both teams.

Hopefully Chris Hamilton will recovery from his injury quickly and it's not too serious.

Looking like Arbroath will need to beat Killie in 3 weeks time to take this to the wire.

26 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

An absolutely awful game of football. Hope Chris Hamilton is ok,

It was, think Arbroath probably had the right players on the that pitch, but not in the right positions

Happy enough with that and could have squeaked it with headers from BBBG and Holt .Defence seem to have gotten their mojo back with Akinola and Holt as standouts .

Still got that tank depleted feeling with Murray and Crawford coming on in an effort to turn game around .

Arbroath looked meh and did not really threaten.

Highlight of day was the Bunnet taking the wankers applause in good grace when red carded to the stand..

Edited by I Clavdivs

7 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Happy enough with that and could have squeaked it with headers from BBBG and Holt .Defence seem to have gotten their mojo back with Akinola and Holt as standouts .

Still got that tank depleted feeling with Murray and Crawford coming on in an effort to turn game around .

Arbroath looked meh and did not really threaten.

Highlight of day was the Bunnet taking the wankers applause in good grace when red carded to the stand..

But he wasn't red carded he was back in the dug out in the second half

I was disappointed by the football played by both sides today. I have seen Albion Rovers, Ayr, Airdrieonians and others have played far better than these two. 

To be fair, the state of the pitch has to be a factor. Sharing with Queens Park is not a good idea, as a passing game on that farmer's field is impossible. I know both teams are capable of a lot more. 

On the plus side, I expect Cove to have a difficult game tomorrow. :)

Hilarious seeing Killie fans in here mocking almost.  It is NOT over yet at all. It'll be a slog for Arbroath to win the title, and disappointing we couldn't get the win today, or last week  and if being honest, in my heart of hearts it's going to be an ask and a half; but it is Scottish lower league fitba, so I wouldn't boast yet Kilmarnock! Stranger things have happened that Arbroath going to Rugby Park on the 22nd and coming home with three points.
As for the game, I'll watch the highlights earlier later, but hopefully Chris Hamilton is alright.

Scrolled back up the thread looking for this supposed "mocking" and "boasting" and it's literally two folk celebrating the result.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Difficult game with both teams having very strong defences which resulted in few chances for strikers.

Arbroath had the best chance, hitting the post, but a draw was a fair result.

Not a great game, with terrible pitch conditions for both teams.

Hopefully Chris Hamilton will recovery from his injury quickly and it's not too serious.

Looking like Arbroath will need to beat Killie in 3 weeks time to take this to the wire.

Don’t think that Arbroath had the best chance. Thistle had 4 or 5 great chances bringing out 2 really good saves from Gaston. 
I think Thistle will be more disappointed not to have won. 

4 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Team that's spending £10k a week on Lafferty and McInnes to get out of this league moaning about a team that spends that on their entire squad 😂

Perhaps while you’re plucking figures out of thin air you could try and grab some new patter. 

Edited by Fide