Thistle vs Arbroath - 2nd April 2022

Not really sure what the refs done wrong. He’s given Arbroath a few soft fouls but there’s been nothing major for him to do imo.

We’ve been the better side with a few half chances, but then Arbroath hit the post so it’s certainly nervy just now. Huge improvement from recent weeks in any case. 

Refs been dreadful, letting fouls go both ways. Was an obvious foul on Tiffoney which he let go then Turner clatters into Hamilton and didn’t give that either. Similar thing happened earlier in the half.

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

Refs been dreadful, letting fouls go both ways. Was an obvious foul on Tiffoney which he let go then Turner clatters into Hamilton and didn’t give that either. Similar thing happened earlier in the half.

Aye! Thought I'd fallen into a different dimension when other folk couldn't see how rubbish the ref has been for both sides.

Hilarious seeing Killie fans in here mocking almost.  It is NOT over yet at all. It'll be a slog for Arbroath to win the title, and disappointing we couldn't get the win today, or last week  and if being honest, in my heart of hearts it's going to be an ask and a half; but it is Scottish lower league fitba, so I wouldn't boast yet Kilmarnock! Stranger things have happened that Arbroath going to Rugby Park on the 22nd and coming home with three points.

As for the game, I'll watch the highlights earlier later, but hopefully Chris Hamilton is alright.

Edited by Kejan
You cannae watch highlights earlier!

Yeah I don't think any sane Killie fan thinks it is done and dusted, we are just relieved that it looks like Arbroath are running out of steam a wee bit at just the right time from a Killie perspective, and thankful that they are not able to take advantage of our various deficiencies.  Having followed Killie since the mid-80s, I certainly don't think the league is over. 

Difficult game with both teams having very strong defences which resulted in few chances for strikers.

Arbroath had the best chance, hitting the post, but a draw was a fair result.

Not a great game, with terrible pitch conditions for both teams.

Hopefully Chris Hamilton will recovery from his injury quickly and it's not too serious.

Looking like Arbroath will need to beat Killie in 3 weeks time to take this to the wire.

4 minutes ago, David Merdy's Boots said:

Yeah I don't think any sane Killie fan thinks it is done and dusted, we are just relieved that it looks like Arbroath are running out of steam a wee bit at just the right time from a Killie perspective, and thankful that they are not able to take advantage of our various deficiencies.  Having followed Killie since the mid-80s, I certainly don't think the league is over. 

Agreed. No Killie fan thinks it’s over, it’s just pleasing to see Arbroath seemingly huff and puff a bit more than we’re huffing and puffing. 
Plus, the humble Arbroath act is wearing thin.