Thistle vs Arbroath - 2nd April 2022

You're about to play a team that's lost 4 in a row, conceding 12 goals in the process and we've not won against Arbroath since we came down and beyond. What were you expecting, an abundance of confidence? 

No. I’m just not conditioned to expect to beat Thistle. Don’t get me wrong I’m hoping.

On 29/03/2022 at 21:58, JoseMarooniho said:

Had this all last week from Raith fans.

Fair, but is their record v Arbroath as bad as ours? Tie that in with the horrific form accumulated over our last 4 games and you can understand the lack of confidence.

We've looked like the worst team in the league of late, the bench has been peppered with assorted weans, and the last time we beat Arbroath, George Harrison was still alive and Blu - Ray discs had yet to be invented. 

These things could point to an unexpected home win but the "typical Thistle" is in fact losing when we're expected to lose (see our dismal record vs the OF and any Scottish cup game against a better team) 

Edited by Fuctifano

23 minutes ago, Hayshead2 said:

Using the train this weekend for the game. What's the best station to get off and best pubs for a few prematch pints TIA.

Don’t try and get a train to Firhill. There are no stops anywhere near.

Assuming you’re coming from Arbroath your train will get into Glasgow Queen Street and then the easiest way to get up to Firhill and nearby pubs will be the subway from Buchanan Street to either Kelvinbridge or St George’s X. Or if there’s a few of you just jump a taxi when you get into Glasgow.

Edited by Nightmare

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Aye dont do what i did and presume partick station is next to partick’s ground

Technically it was a 2 minute walk away but we stopped playing at Muir Park in 1885 so you were a wee bit late. 

4 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Aye dont do what i did and presume partick station is next to partick’s ground

Plenty of erse cheek bars around Partick Station if that’s what floats yer boat ….then a wee 3 stop jaunt on the Clockwork Orange from Kelvinhall to St George’s X followed by a leisurely stroll up Maryhill Road to the Palace of the Gallus …if time permits a wee pit stop at the Woodside on Maryhill Road would top it off .

Edited by I Clavdivs

If Graham and Jakubiak are still out then this is Algeria’s time to shine. Like Rudden v Clyde, he’s scoring a tap in here and then going on a run which gets us promoted. You heard it here first. 

Spoiler

I believe that absolutely none of this will happen. 

49 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If Graham and Jakubiak are still out then this is Algeria’s time to shine. Like Rudden v Clyde, he’s scoring a tap in here and then going on a run which gets us promoted. You heard it here first. 

Reveal hidden contents

I believe that absolutely none of this will happen. 

What’s todays date ?

1 hour ago, G_&_T said:

I'm going to this tomorrow. In the Thistle end, but a wet bit of me wants Arbroath to win the league. Will be good to see this famous Arbroath side in the flesh...particularly if they achieve the incredible. :)

I've been totally stuck in the Jackie Husband the last  few times, It hasn't been too hard a hardship.....

Sadly I think I ve got more Jags pals these days than lichties