Thistle vs Arbroath - 2nd April 2022

Massive improvement from the last few weeks. Had we played like that in those then I think we’d be pretty comfortable in the playoff places.
Not many chances, some good defending by both sides. We had the slightly better chances, but a draw was probably fair enough. Everyone did pretty well today I thought from our side, with particular mention to Mayo who did well in a position I doubt he’s played before and Hendrie, who I thought was absolutely shite the first few times I saw him but has been fine recently.
I’d have taken a draw before the game so happy enough.
I don’t think Arbroath will be winning the league. 
Mayo may not have played for us in midfield this season (I'm fairly certain he did in his first stint with us) but he has definitely played there for Scotland u21s

7 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:
Massive improvement from the last few weeks. Had we played like that in those then I think we’d be pretty comfortable in the playoff places.
Not many chances, some good defending by both sides. We had the slightly better chances, but a draw was probably fair enough. Everyone did pretty well today I thought from our side, with particular mention to Mayo who did well in a position I doubt he’s played before and Hendrie, who I thought was absolutely shite the first few times I saw him but has been fine recently.
I’d have taken a draw before the game so happy enough.
I don’t think Arbroath will be winning the league. 

Mayo may not have played for us in midfield this season (I'm fairly certain he did in his first stint with us) but he has definitely played there for Scotland u21s

If we could I'd like us to sign him permanently. 

Uninspiring stuff.

Been clear for a few weeks (months?) we're not going up even if we scramble 4th, and Arbroath looked a bit cooked. Honestly think ICT might do them in the playoffs or even steal 2nd at the death - but they won't go up either. 

Enjoyed the differing reactions to the Thistle fans of Craigen and Campbell, and that's pretty much the highlights of the game. 

47 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

To be honest I'm just home and had a great day, okay the footy wasn't the best.  Met loads of lichties in the city centre. 

Would never of guessed you were an accountant.......

Too hilarious? I get that alot tbh.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Wasn’t a great game but certainly can’t criticise the effort shown from anyone on that park. We can still win the league but it’s become a bit tougher. 

Faint heart never fecked a pig, courage mon brave.

Some seasons back Dundee were 15 points ahead at Christmas in this league and we were languishing way behind, then Dundee absolutely blew it and we walked the league and got promoted.

Killie for all of their spending are not producing the goods on the park presently.

58 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Killie for all of their spending are not producing the goods on the park presently.

I know they looked really poor on Friday, but they’ve won 4 of their last 5 games, and are unbeaten in 8. I’d hazard a guess that this is the best run they’ve been on this season.