Thistle vs Arbroath - 2nd April 2022

Five games to go and miraculously, despite our recent form, we are still in the top four. 

It has been discussed every time we play Arbroath how poor our record is against them, since they have been in the championship we have drawn twice and lost on four occasions. I would say surely it’s time to beat them, but we are on a four game losing streak so am I at all confident? No.

Despite all this I am going to ask kindly, Thistle please just win a game of football. 

Thank you.

A draw here would almost certainly keep us in the top four by the time the Queen of the South game comes round (barring Raith sticking seven past Dunfermline) and would stop our run of losses so I’d be quite happy with that. That said, in the previous three games this year against Arbroath we’ve looked good for the first half hour of one, and the second half of another and that’s it so I’m not massively confident.

Didn’t see yesterday’s game, but looking at our bench we can only pray that some of the guys are back. Six men of the bench when four of them have a single appearance between them doesn’t give you much hope. 

25 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A draw here would almost certainly keep us in the top four by the time the Queen of the South game comes round (barring Raith sticking seven past Dunfermline) and would stop our run of losses so I’d be quite happy with that. That said, in the previous three games this year against Arbroath we’ve looked good for the first half hour of one, and the second half of another and that’s it so I’m not massively confident.

Didn’t see yesterday’s game, but looking at our bench we can only pray that some of the guys are back. Six men of the bench when four of them have a single appearance between them doesn’t give you much hope. 

I wouldn't bet on getting anything on that disgrace of a pitch. Arbroath are definitely physically stronger than us and will probably adapt better than us.

Arbroath will win this. I’ve not been at all confident vs Arbroath at any time this season, but certainly not given our  current form. 

McCall said we should have quite a few players back fit, which is naturally a bonus in general. Presume Mayo will be available for this after Int. Duty?

11 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Had this all last week from Raith fans.

You're about to play a team that's lost 4 in a row, conceding 12 goals in the process and we've not won against Arbroath since we came down and beyond. What were you expecting, an abundance of confidence?