Todays scores 26/3

6 minutes ago, andy25 said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:
A curmudgeonly view which thankfully is in the minority.

I'll think you'll find it's not the minority.

So you're telling me that most people in Beechwood think that Talbot are only top of the league because the other teams are so poor?

So you're telling me that most people in Beechwood think that Talbot are only top of the league because the other teams are so poor?
I think you well know that I meant the majority of fans will agree they have been very poor the majority of the season.

2 hours ago, andy25 said:
3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I think you well know that I meant the majority of fans will agree they have been very poor the majority of the season.

“very poor”?

Exceeded my expectations so far this season. Top of the league, semi final of the Junior Cup, still in the south challenge Cup.
Maybe not killing teams of as we used to but still winning most games.

I'd have had your hand off for the current league and cup positions after Talbot being out of action for so long. I was concerned  about keeping the squad together when covid scuppered the game, but they secured almost every key players to come back. Even with that continuity, age had caught up with club legends in Pope, Lyle and White, while another fantastic servant Hyslop still contributes very well whenever he plays but is truthfully more of an impact sub these days.

The side certainly lost it's pre-lockdown momentum but the loss of the four key players I've listed would have hurt any side so Talbot probably deserve some slack considering that replacements couldn't be scouted for 18 months. the recent signing of a midfielder and a fullback suggests the problem areas are being addressed and hopefully taking time to get the right players for the job will be beneficial in the next few seasons. . 

I'd have had your hand off for the current league and cup positions after Talbot being out of action for so long. I was concerned  about keeping the squad together when covid scuppered the game, but they secured almost every key players to come back. Even with that continuity, age had caught up with club legends in Pope, Lyle and White, while another fantastic servant Hyslop still contributes very well whenever he plays but is truthfully more of an impact sub these days.
The side certainly lost it's pre-lockdown momentum but the loss of the four key players I've listed would have hurt any side so Talbot probably deserve some slack considering that replacements couldn't be scouted for 18 months. the recent signing of a midfielder and a fullback suggests the problem areas are being addressed and hopefully taking time to get the right players for the job will be beneficial in the next few seasons. . 
But A Wilson,Healy& Boyd getting new contracts doesn't inspire confidence.
Jack McDowall will probably be next [emoji57]

On 29/03/2022 at 10:31, andy25 said:
On 29/03/2022 at 06:54, jimbaxters said:
Of course you know better attending the games but sometimes it's good to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. You're following a team/club who have been at the top of their level consistently for the best part of 40 years and are currently in a hellish season fixture wise but still at the top of the league. Add to that the fact that they had another fantastic run in the William Hill Scottish Cup and are in all but one of the cup competitions and you can see why you're coming across as an entitled moan just because they're 0-0 at half time.

Apart from a 5 or 6 game spell in November and December the quality of football has been dire. The fact that Talbot are top of the League says more about the standard of the League than anything else.

Talbot arent known for getting the ball and playing great football its more a direct kick it into other teams half and put them under pressure 2 make a mistake. I said for years its not pretty 2 watch but there good at it and when use loss a game or even draw (0-0 with us at holm park) some where calling for tucker 2 quit. I couldnt believe wit i was hearing. Ive always found some talbot fans bawb#gs in the past and that day confirmed it lol 

Mon the papers