RIP Taylor Hawkins

Devastated to read Taylor died today in Bogota Colombia as Foo fighters prepared to play a festival there. Foo fighters are my favourite band, been lucky to see them live a lot and really loved Taylor as a drummer and a genuinely cool guy who was a born entertainer. 
First time a musicians death has really got me since Prince. Unbelievably saddened by this. 

That's horrible. On top of his family and band, I feel so bad for Dave Grohl. His autobiography talked about how close he was with him and how he saw him a kindred spirit. Now he's got to go through losing a close band mate all over again.

Went and found a excerpt.

"Tearing through the room like an F5 tornado was Taylor Hawkins, my brother from another mother, my best friend, a man for whom I would take a bullet. Upon first meeting, our bond was immediate, and we grew closer with every day, every song, every note that we ever played together. I am not afraid to say that our chance meeting was a kind of love at first sight, igniting a musical "twin flame" that still burns to this day. Together, we have become an unstoppable duo, onstage and off, in pursuit of any and all adventure we can find. We are absolutely meant to be, and I am grateful that we found each other in this lifetime."

5 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Fuckin gutted, I was hoping the Foos would announce a cheeky wee date in Scotland tae.

Seen them at T in the park 2010 or 11 ? (Just dawned on me that was over a decade ago while typing that )

also at bellahouston a few years ago . Great band and great live band . 

Shocked to read this news this morning. Absolutely love Foo Fighters. As a Rush fan since 1976, I was saddened but not actually shocked when I learned about Neil Peart’s passing. Rush were ten years or so older than me. Guys in bands like the Foo Fighters forever seem like ‘new bands’ to me, because in general, they are all ten years younger than I am. Was genuinely shocked to click on my iPad this morning to read this sad news.

RIP. Definitely sticking the Foos on in the car later today. 

Sad news this morning. Have seen them live a few times and they never disappoint, in fact, one of the best bands I've seen live in over 40 years of going to gigs. Thoughts go out to his family and the other band members.

Very sad news, Dave Grohl obviously is the name everyone always thinks off with the foos, but Taylor always seemed to be well known and regarded in spite of Dave. Seen Foos live twice and Taylor sang on certainly the second show, at Murrayfield in 2015. Always seemed a nice guy and very talented. On lunch hour later i will be enjoying the sun with some foo's playing. RIP Taylor.

Heard this on my way home from Nightshift , woke up this morning and realise it's really happened. Gutted . Seen the Foo's several times one of my all time favourite bands.  Been showing my boy  loads of videos of Taylor this year as he's taken an interest in drumming and promised him we'd go and see him together next time they come to Scotland.  No idea how to break the news to him . 

Ive been a foo fighters fan since i first heard them in 1998, seen them every time they’ve been in Scotland for the last 20 years and absolutely love the band, i was coming home from work when i read that news and its still not sinking in. I know a guy in LA who designed a lot of tshirts etc on behalf of Foo Fighters and they said Taylor was a really decent guy, despite never having met him everything else ive read about him suggests he was a pretty awesome rock fan who basically got to live his dreams. Genuinely lost one of my heroes today and im devastated. 

I had to look twice when I saw this earlier as I was sure I'd miss read it . Really shocked and saddened  by this , fantastic performer throughout his career , he'll be sadly missed by , friends, fans & family