Austria v Scotland

8 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:
10 minutes ago, Fratelli said:
Friendly n that, but our inability to see out games is worrying. Very nearly cost us a place at the Euros.

This is a fair point from this week. Not seeing leads out is pretty criminal as a team. Friendlies or otherwise. To do it once is unlucky. To do it twice is sloppy

I'm not sure that was our issue tonight, we were under the cosh from them throughout the 90 minutes, it's not that we changed shape, sat back or lost control of the game at 2-0 up, our luck just ran out. 

The intensity simply wasn't there from us tonight, some signs of what we're capable of but you could tell that the players weren't giving as much as they usually do, even compared to Thursday. Not convinced the subs were right, especially Dykes who clearly wasn't fit.

If we're putting a positive spin on it, we didn't setup to win that game.  McGregor and Gilmour would have relieved a lot of the pressure, and built better attacks.

We also know that Ferguson and Jack isn't a good option, and neither player really stands out.  Those two and McLean are a big step down.

Armstrong wasn't bad, and Christie doesn't suit that type of game.  A fit Dykes playing up with Adams, with McGinn in behind is probably still our best front three.

We're looking very suspect at the back, losing a lot of high balls with almost no contest at times.  Hanley hasn't looked as good as he was last year which is of serious concern going into the June matches.

Still, we haven't lose either match and have created chances.  Neither Ukraine or Wales are any stronger than either Poland or Austria, and we haven't been outplayed in either.

1 minute ago, DublinMagyar said:

Poland, couple of days ago

We just aren't as good as all 5he hype

Play like that against Wales and we're out

I can only assume you watched a different Poland game to me, because I thought we were excellent. Fortunately we won't play like that against Wales, because the players won't be subconsciously playing with such low intensity and we won't have inferior players like Lewis Ferguson (no harm to him) on the pitch.

I think the changes in the starting line-up set us off on the wrong foot a bit as the players coming in didn’t do quite as well and they looked like they hadn’t played together that much. I don’t think we managed to recover it with the subs.

It’s not really a criticism though, as Clarke needed to look at these players and see what they can do. I actually think recently we’ve been ok defensively so I’m just going to chalk it up to the changes and being a friendly, and kind of write it off. 

Loved the second goal.