Austria v Scotland

I'd imagine 7:45 or 8pm @SlipperyP because Sky coverage starts at 7:40pm :).

Regarding the match, what would your team be, would you make lots of changes or minimal?

I've seen pundits suggest changing GK and perhaps more minutes for youngsters like Patterson who aren't really getting a look in at club level.

I'd also like to see more of Aaron Hickey, perhaps at RB and see if Craig Halkett and Ross Stewart are international ready.

Let's hope for another positive performance :D. 

I imagine alot of rotation given Clarkes post match interview.

........................................Kelly....................................

................Halkett.....Hendry.....Tierney............

O'Donnell...................................................Robertson

..........................McLean..............Jack..........................

.........................................Armstrong.........................

..............................Adams...........Brown...................

Dykes will come in for this one I imagine, as will Robbo.

I hope he doesn't rotate too much as we did look a touch rusty last night. I also just fucking love this team and want to see our midfield three at every opportunity.

Think Clarke said Patterson would start? 

I’d imagine Armstrong to play if Dykes isn’t fit to start (which he realistically isn’t). Robertson in if he’s recovered, perhaps Hendry at RCB and maybe a change of goalkeeper.

McLean and Jack getting on makes me think Gilmour, McGinn, and McGregor will start again.

Brown/Stewart to get some time in second half, depending on status of Dykes.

Not too many starting changes. Momentum needs to continue 

Play Patterson and Gilmour as they are young and Patterson especially can do with the game time.

Rest Tierney and McGregor, we know what they can do. They will be in the starting lineups for the playoff.

Start Jack and Hickey.

Try a new keeper.

Hi folks, was just wondering if anyone had any tickets in the away end for sale or had heard of any? As far as I'm aware there were taken off sale/sold out a few days ago. 

Failing that, anyone got tickets for the home end and if so whereabouts?

Cheers 

2 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Think Clarke said Patterson would start? 

I’d imagine Armstrong to play if Dykes isn’t fit to start (which he realistically isn’t). Robertson in if he’s recovered, perhaps Hendry at RCB and maybe a change of goalkeeper.

McLean and Jack getting on makes me think Gilmour, McGinn, and McGregor will start again.

Brown/Stewart to get some time in second half, depending on status of Dykes.

Not too many starting changes. Momentum needs to continue 

I still expect Gordon to start. I think the only way the keeper changed is if Marshall was still available.

Gordon

Hendry

Tierney 

McTomilnay 

Robertson 

Hickey

McGinn 

McGregor 

Gilmour 

Brown 

Adams

Wee Patterson was great but don't know if he will use him again down to fitness and Dykes might went in for Adams but isn't fit,think wee might see Brown in the Christie role too see what he is all about

Either way we got a good team even if he does totally freshen it up and makes 6 or 7 changes people like Jack and that starting 

Edited by General dissaray

For me, the team that started last night is the exact line up that would have started the playoff semi final had it been played (given Robertson had covid and Dykes wasn’t fit)

I think we will ring the changes for the Austria game

Kelly

Halkett-Hendry-Tierney

SOD-McLean-Jack-Hickey

Armstrong

Stewart-Brown

Debuts for Kelly, Halkett and Ross Stewart, with Jacob Brown getting a first proper appearance (He’s got two caps, but came on in the 85th minute in Moldova and the 90th minute last night)

I’d also give Clark and Ferguson the second half to get them some minutes and would like to see Patterson, Taylor and Gilmour involved off the bench.

Everyone else gets a well earned rest. 

David Alaba and Xaver Schlager will not be involved on Tuesday night. 

With Xaver it's the case that he comes from a serious injury, It was discussed with Wolfsburg that he would only be available for the qualifying game and then take care of his body.

Austrian FA Sporting Director, Peter Schottel

The situation with David Alaba is similar. An agreement with Real Madrid was also made for the 29-year-old.

He's the one who plays at the highest level, who has many, many games. It's more about load control.

Austrian FA Sporting Director, Peter Schottel

https://www.skysportaustria.at/alaba-und-schlager-fehlen-oefb-team-gegen-schottland/

On 25/03/2022 at 15:01, Donathan said:

For me, the team that started last night is the exact line up that would have started the playoff semi final had it been played (given Robertson had covid and Dykes wasn’t fit)

I think we will ring the changes for the Austria game

Kelly

Halkett-Hendry-Tierney

SOD-McLean-Jack-Hickey

Armstrong

Stewart-Brown

Debuts for Kelly, Halkett and Ross Stewart, with Jacob Brown getting a first proper appearance (He’s got two caps, but came on in the 85th minute in Moldova and the 90th minute last night)

I’d also give Clark and Ferguson the second half to get them some minutes and would like to see Patterson, Taylor and Gilmour involved off the bench.

Everyone else gets a well earned rest. 

That team would struggle.  There’s no chance Clarke is going to ring the changes against a side like Austria.  That side has 5 international goals in it, and not much experience.

I’d be surprised if Gilmour, McGregor, Tierney, McGinn, Patterson and Adams didn’t start.

Obvious possible changes are Taylor, Hanley, McTominay, Gordon, and Christie.  An outside bet might have McLean or Jack in (if either, I’d much rather see Jack), but we’ve played two games without McGregor+Gilmour since the Croatia game, and they were our worst performances (Moldova Home/Faroes Away, and excepting the Denmark away match).

Momentum is everything for us.  An avoidable stumble is not what we need. 

I think as it's another friendly Clarke will be mindful of their clubs. This wouldn't necessarily be the strongest line up, it's what I think the manager will go with. Also got to keep guys involved and rotate the squad a wee bit. Who knows maybe one of the fringe players brings themselves into contention.

I'd like to see another keeper used and not because Kelly is representing my club, I'd be happy for Zander too.

Defence ... Bologna are mid table and Hickey got 23' so I think he will share left back duties with Robertson, as to who starts no idea. Liverpool are due for a bigger run into the end of the season than most and the skipper is recovering to boot. I don't know if he'd even be able to travel/rules for entry into Austria.

Hendry I imagine will start, Tierney rested, Hanley again and McTominay again for familiarisation in a position he doesn't play for his club but may be well relied upon for in June. Halkett to get his first cap as a sub. Clarke seem to like to drip feed players into the setup of late.

Patterson to start at right back, hardly playing for his club granted but got 67' and he's 20 so I think he's got enough in the tank.

Midfield of McGinn, Gilmour and McLean, because it would be a bit of an issue in the press for Clarke if there were injuries to Ryan Jack or McGregor before a pivotal OF match a week later especially from a friendly. Not that I agree with it, just saying I'd be surprised if it wasn't in his thinking. Armstrong to be used at some point. Ferguson depending on how the game is going.

Up front Che Adams and Brown to start, Stewart to get this first cap.

So I think he'll start with:

------------- Kelly ------------

- McTominay - Hendry - Hanley -

Patterson --------------- Hickey

-- McGinn - Gilmour - McLean --

-------- Adams - Brown --------

I can’t see Robertson playing a friendly when he’s just back from having Covid. Liverpool have an awful lot of fixtures coming up and I think Clarke will do them a bit of a solid here to keep him fresh for their run in. Hopefully we have him available for the June games.

Likewise there’s no way Lyndon Dykes first action back from a few weeks out is going to be an international friendly. I think he will sit.

I’d like to see those who played 90 minutes against Poland have a rest in this one, but that would necessitate changing the shape because we only have two other CBs in the squad. I think as pointed out earlier, McTominay probably plays given that we need to get him as many minutes as possible as he gets more familiar with the position.

Ryan Jack really ought to play some minutes after a long layoff from international football, but I also want to see Gilmour get minutes so I’d swap them at HT. 

Kelly

McTominay-Hendry-Halkett

Patterson-Gilmour-McLean-Hickey

Armstrong

Stewart-Brown

Subs:

- Clark for Kelly and Jack for Gilmour at HT

- Ferguson, O’Donnell and Taylor should hopefully see some action in the second half 

- Key players Tierney, Hanley, McGregor, McGinn and Che Adams should be kept in cotton wool unless we see an injury in their position

- Gordon, Robertson, Dykes and Christie shouldn’t play at all 

Hi folks, was just wondering if anyone had any tickets in the away end for sale or had heard of any? As far as I'm aware there were taken off sale/sold out a few days ago. 
Cheers 

Away tickets are 100% pickup I’m sure so you’re unlikely to find any up for sale.

There are probably around 40,000 home end tickets on sale on the Austrian FA website.

It’s bewildering to me that it’s being proposed that we play almost an entire second string side against a country like Austria.

That will end in tears. We see it regularly in England. When Arsenal play their youngsters in the league cup, what and where is the benefit?

3/4 ‘outsiders’ to start, and fine, kill it at 60 minutes with subs. Playing a near-entire new squad benefits no one, other than padding out cap records.

If you want to judge if Stewart, Ferguson or Halket can cut it at international level, let them play with the first team, not in a glorified Scotland B match.

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

On 25/03/2022 at 10:55, Spiders67 said:

Cheers 

Away end is collection only

Apparently it’s piss easy to get a home end ticket. Austria have only sold 2000 of their own as of right now.

4 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It’s bewildering to me that it’s being proposed that we play almost an entire second string side against a country like Austria.

That will end in tears. We see it regularly in England. When Arsenal play their youngsters in the league cup, what and where is the benefit?

3/4 ‘outsiders’ to start, and fine, kill it at 60 minutes with subs. Playing a near-entire new squad benefits no one, other than padding out cap records.

If you want to judge if Stewart, Ferguson or Halket can cut it at international level, let them play with the first team, not in a glorified Scotland B match.

The result for this match does not matter now that the UNL is used for seeding instead of world ranking. To be honest, if it wasn’t for UEFA forcing us to play two friendlies, I’d imagine SC and the staff would have opted just to play the one and have a get together. 

We’ve given the first team their run out to bridge the very long gap between the Denmark game and the June fixtures, but I don’t think it will do many of our players many favours to have them playing two friendlies in a week when they have the domestic run-in and then a very packed June international break to come.