Your teams player of the season so far?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ross McCrorie for me. Not a huge choice this season with only Jonny Hayes and Lewis Ferguson, for the most part, the other contenders.

Don’t think I’d include Hayes in that but otherwise basically, yes. 

Probably between Omeonga and Anderson for us. Omeonga been solid and a joy to watch all season, Anderson was in and out of the team at the start of the season but settled in and became a reliable source of goals.

Nicky Devlin not far behind IMO, and I'd also say Alan Forrest is up there but I'm not sure how much of that is to do with his sudden burst of being a world beater after turning down St Johnstone.

Edited by LiviLion

The only candidate for us is Liam Kelly.

We've actually got a bunch of decent players who have had good games sporadically (in Kevin Van Veen's case almost exclusively against Aberdeen) but given Alexander's taken a turn towards wildly over managing the squad, players who were playing well and starting every game up to the winter break have found themselves bounced out the team to the detriment of their own form and the team as a whole.

Which is really, really annoying.

Kelly's been good and has played literally every game. So...Liam Kelly, our player of the season.

I'd probably opt for Calvin Bassey or James Tavernier. Joe Aribo had an excellent first half of the season but has faded quite badly since returning from AFCON.

Jon Lundstram has been our best performer recently but he was in and out the team too much to begin with to be considered for POTY at this stage.

Edited by AJF

47 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Has to still be at the club and not sold or moved on in January.

I'm going to surprisingly go for Chris Cadden.  He's our most consistent player and Boyle left in January. 

This

Ryan Porteous for me, Cadden wasn’t great until Maloney came in imo.

Could even argue for Boyle even though he was only here for a few months.

Not really any argument for anyone else if I’m honest, Josh Doig has improved since Maloney came in but was poor beforehand, feel like everyone else has had a long spell out injured or been rubbish, Joe Newell maybe? 

Buzzing for all of the Aberdeen and Rangers fans who definitely aren’t bothered by him to come along and batter their keyboards.

Regan Charles-Cook, it's not even close.

Harry Clarke if he'd stayed would be his closest competition. Hungbo is third, can be a wee bit patchy but electric on his day. Spittal, Tilson and Baldwin are somewhere behind them.

56 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

The only candidate for us is Liam Kelly.

We've actually got a bunch of decent players who have had good games sporadically (in Kevin Van Veen's case almost exclusively against Aberdeen) but given Alexander's taken a turn towards wildly over managing the squad, players who were playing well and starting every game up to the winter break have found themselves bounced out the team to the detriment of their own form and the team as a whole.

Which is really, really annoying.

Kelly's been good and has played literally every game. So...Liam Kelly, our player of the season.

Yep, Kelly for us. He's certainly earned us points this season and, in certain other games, has kept some results from being cricket scores.

Tony Watt would likely have pushed him had he stayed...but he didn't. And given how the second half of this season has been approached, would the league's top scorer (at the time) even have been guaranteed a game for us if he stayed such has been the madness behind our team selections.