Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

Wait till the Sponge Rab types realise that they are paying for the heating in Bute hoose, and 'that wummin' doesnae even bide there the vast majority of the time.

Personally I hope the heating is jammed on and it's up full blast all year round, and the windaes are stuck wide open. That's how it seems to work in any other public sector building I've had the misfortune to work in. Oh, and I suppose Bute does have the ubiquitous menopausal wifey moaning that she's freezing cauld in an office that's at a steady 35 degrees ambient, while her colleagues are near naked and battling heat exhaustion. That seems to come with the territory anaw.

Anyone else mind when the usual Tory shitrags ran an alleged SNP scandal along the lines of "Disgraceful SNP travel expenses reach £300,000" or something along those lines, and it turned out the kicker was that their Labour predecessors had been spending at least twice that so the real story was actually an SNP economy drive?

This has the similar stench of utterly misleading shite about it.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Screenshot_20221005_134628_com.facebook.katana_edit_597187531676058.thumb.jpg.f302f5de7b9b670ba3db23672b64e4fc.jpg
This is a fekn joke. All the adverts I seem to be getting just now are " lidl introduce cheap appliance to heat your home". "Blanket to keep you warm on chilly nights without turning the central heating on".
W. T. F. has made this normal?

43 minutes ago, jakedee said:

This is a fekn joke. All the adverts I seem to be getting just now are " lidl introduce cheap appliance to heat your home". "Blanket to keep you warm on chilly nights without turning the central heating on".
W. T. F. has made this normal?

We have, by letting the absolute scum of the Earth rip us off, over and over.

Will we see headlines like this?

"HORROR AS MILITANT UNION SMASHES DECENCY IN PAY NEGOTIATIONS BY STRIKING, HOLDING COUNTRY TO RANSOM BY FORCING  15% PAY OFFER!"

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/oct/10/barristers-in-england-and-wales-vote-to-end-strike-action

Can't wait to hear Westminster Government ministers condemning the unmitigated greed of such a militant bunch of troublemakers.  Just take the words used to describe railway workers and see if they appear in Government comments on the Barristers. 

20 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Will we see headlines like this?

"HORROR AS MILITANT UNION SMASHES DECENCY IN PAY NEGOTIATIONS BY STRIKING, HOLDING COUNTRY TO RANSOM BY FORCING  15% PAY OFFER!"

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2022/oct/10/barristers-in-england-and-wales-vote-to-end-strike-action

Can't wait to hear Westminster Government ministers condemning the unmitigated greed of such a militant bunch of troublemakers.  Just take the words used to describe railway workers and see if they appear in Government comments on the Barristers. 

This is brilliant news for any other group of workers looking for a fair settlement.

Indeed, the ballot papers have been issued for nursing staff in Scotland and down south I believe.
The unions are actively phoning members to tell them to votr for strike.  The 5pct pay offer was rejected quite correctly.
Ten years of pay freezes during austerity, standards of pension fucked about with, retirement age for said pension raised,  contributing costs for employees raised, less staff on wards, increased workloads etc etc.  Its not a happy camp.
5 percent, nah I don't think so.
This is the first time in my career I've seen staff from all areas so determined to stop being used as door mats and take a stance.
Usually the ballots on terms and conditions, pay etc are only rejected by those who can by arsed voting and a mandate is never reached.   Not this time it looks like.
Up the workers.
Well said - platitudes for NHS are no substitute for fair pay.

On 05/10/2022 at 14:57, carpetmonster said:

this has to be the most cunning alias in site history

It's the fact that he doesn't get banned, he just forgets how to log in to his account. He's on his third that I can think of, and there's probably been loads more than he only managed one post with before forgetting how to spell "password".

He must be like unionist Dee Dee IRL.

55 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 10/10/2022 at 10:14, Tynie Pecksniff said:
Indeed, the ballot papers have been issued for nursing staff in Scotland and down south I believe.
The unions are actively phoning members to tell them to votr for strike.  The 5pct pay offer was rejected quite correctly.
Ten years of pay freezes during austerity, standards of pension fucked about with, retirement age for said pension raised,  contributing costs for employees raised, less staff on wards, increased workloads etc etc.  Its not a happy camp.
5 percent, nah I don't think so.
This is the first time in my career I've seen staff from all areas so determined to stop being used as door mats and take a stance.
Usually the ballots on terms and conditions, pay etc are only rejected by those who can by arsed voting and a mandate is never reached.   Not this time it looks like.
Up the workers.

Well said - platitudes for NHS are no substitute for fair pay.

I just finished reading an article on intrinsic and extrinsic work benefits. It mentioned the dangers of employers over-emphasising non-pay elements of reward and using these in lieu of pay rises.

"You don't need a pay rise. Have some good wishes instead?"

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I just finished reading an article on intrinsic and extrinsic work benefits. It mentioned the dangers of employers over-emphasising non-pay elements of reward and using these in lieu of pay rises.

"You don't need a pay rise. Have some good wishes instead?"

Many years ago I had occasion to visit a factory in Ayrshire to carry out some work.  I always remember one of the workers telling me that whilst the wages were shite there was plenty of overtime.  When I made the obvious connection between hours worked/take home pay/hourly rate he looked at me as if I was an alien.  

It's great to know that they have no idea what the f**k they're talking about at all times.

She talks about only fracking with local consent then says it would be OK in the north of Scotland, ignoring that the Scottish government have ruled it out (probably - not definitively) and that the area she is talkgi nabout is not considered viable for fracking. The best place is apparently the central belt (Scottish midland valley)