Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

12 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it’s more to do with giving Truss a ‘bounce’ in popularity when she comes in and looks like she’s doing something, but of course it still means the Tories trying to play politics with a deepening crisis

Totally agree but what a fucking disgrace. Johnson wanted to be Churchill - pisses of on holiday when not partying; Truss - vacuous soundbites; UK -we've to wait until September in the middle of a crisis that is going to cause the deaths of old, vulnerable and impact on everyone. What a mess of a place.

31 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Totally agree but what a fucking disgrace. Johnson wanted to be Churchill - pisses of on holiday when not partying; Truss - vacuous soundbites; UK -we've to wait until September in the middle of a crisis that is going to cause the deaths of old, vulnerable and impact on everyone. What a mess of a place.

Remember Truss told a hustings her first priority is to leave the ECHR

For the past four of five weeks all we have hard regarding the Governments proposed action on the cost of Living Crisis is that both candidates take it very seriously and will  treat it as an emergency once they are elected on th 5th September.....even Boris has said that the new leader will have lots of great plans to announce and everything will be fine.

Hud on.....was Boris releaved of his duties a couple of months ago....don't we currently have a PM? If it's such an emergency i cannot understand why the current government get away with doing SFA and waiting for 5th September

With folk coming forward to complain about ET's apparent determination to crash the public finances and destroy the hopes and aspirations of a sizeable proportion of the population, it must be about time for someone to suggest that she could be a Russian stooge.. 😁

Oops... did I just start that? The way that social media works, give it 10 minutes and folk'll be using ET's 'who am I to disagree with the audience' or Trump's 'a lot of people are saying...' 

With the energy issues facing the country, middle income elderly Tory voters might be about to find out the consequences of voting for the 'leopards eating peoples' faces' party. 

On 27/08/2022 at 17:33, strichener said:

This is day ahead pricing.  The vast majority of electricity is not bought on this market.  It is extremely misleading to quote that price as it only really used for balancing supply and demand.

It's not

Just keep an eye on the Ftse.

If It starts to go up quickly, there's every chance that there's an announcement on the way. The Tories might well be callous enough to think that they can get away with culling some of the more gullible gammonati. They can't afford to knacker small businesses too and the energy situation will do that if left alone. 

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay, just noticed Natural Gas down by around 22% and most other commodities down.

What is this saying?

Anyone know.

Word is that speculators are profit taking with rumours of European governments taking action to control prices and delink electricity from gas.

7 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The tories are currently reviewing options to sell off/privatise the NHS, if people think the cost of living is hard enough just now wait until yer diabetic kid needs £500 a month of insulin or you have to decide between heating the house or getting your broken arm seen by a doctor.
Yet all we have is Liz Truss selling jam tomorrow and the tory fucknuggets eating up all the jingoistic shite she is feeding. The UK is a failed state, the experiment is over, leave them to their green and pleasant droughted land, Vera Lynn is gone and the white cliffs of dover are crumbling into the shite filled sea. Tories are the absolute worst of everything, they truly are abhorrant awful people with no redeeming features, bring on indy so we can laugh at all these home counties throbbers. How can anyone given the last twelve years actually think these people are the fucking answer? f**k the lot of them, the whole fucking system is broken beyond anything. I despise them. 
But besides that im having a lovely tuesday. 

Oh dear, the old chestnut of privatising the NHS.

The SG have just recently put out to tender various contracts for the private sector to perform surgery such as hips, knee joints, gall stones and other routine procedures. Great move.

Will the patient be billed? No.

Personally, I find the NHS to be poor but I know of no political party that is advocating moving away from it either in Scotland or the UK.
Your statement is complete nonsense but if there is some truth to it, hallelujah.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Personally, I find the NHS to be poor but I know of no political party that is advocating moving away from it either in Scotland or the UK.
Your statement is complete nonsense but if there is some truth to it, hallelujah.

Several senior tories have written academic papers and books on moving to a US insurance model, Sunak in particular. The current chancellor is actively touting increasing privatisation. Im not entirely surprised that one of the biggest gammons on this forum thinks its a good thing to create a private system. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Several senior tories have written academic papers and books on moving to a US insurance model, Sunak in particular. The current chancellor is actively touting increasing privatisation. Im not entirely surprised that one of the biggest gammons on this forum thinks its a good thing to create a private system. 

Every type of healthcare system should be looked at.

The US system is not one that endears itself to me.

However, to merely bury your head in the sand and say the NHS is wonderful is every bit as bad.

There will be increasing amounts of privatisation in the UK (including Scotland) to obtain greater efficiency which is exactly correct..

Dont you realise that all pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, buildings, GP’s, just to mention a few are provided privately.

The only point is - who pays at the end of treatment? 
If you look at dentistry, because the system is so badly funded by the SG more and more people are being forced to go private using private insurance. Is the NHS working there? No.

If all you can do is call people gammons then good for you.

About time you came up with a sensible proposal rather than letting loose on screeds of meaningless, inane drivel.