Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

3 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

Dribble along? 

And in what way are we ruining the threads?

1 hour ago, Fletcher23 said:

What a nasty thing to say. 

I have been reading this forum for over a year now and have noticed that you are nasty, abusive and vile to anyone that you do not agree with. 

Why can you not just be civil?

Div's sticky has made no difference what so ever. One rule for some and a different one for others. 

No surprises what is happening here. 

Why can't you posters just be nice and civil?

Durie is polite and civil and takes so much abuse which is uncalled for. 

Is this part of the forum closed to independence and snp supporters? 

I do not have another alias on here and I am not abusive, nasty, vile or angry.

It has started already. My posts that are fair and non abusive getting put down. The truth obviously hurts some posters. Is that correct Carpetmonster?  What have I posted that is incorrect?

54 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

That's nice. No need at all.

12 minutes ago, Fletcher23 said:

So speaking the truth and asking questions is ruining a thread. 

This thread is about the cost of living crisis. Make your own thread and title it ‘speaking the truth and asking questions’. 

Edited by carpetmonster

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

This thread is about the cost of living crisis. Make your own thread and title it ‘speaking the truth and asking questions’. 

Or 'The Pepperpot Thread'.

Ooh! Ah. Well I never! Tut-tut-tut.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

There were some miserable auld buggers still seething that they'd had to pay the Poll Tax, so why should these workshy loser hippy scroungers get away with not paying it?

The types who are obsessed that the lower-orders are getting more than they deserve, while also lecturing the proles on how they shouldn't care about what their betters have and just be happy with their lot. But also that they could easily have more money if only they could be bothered to work harder, like they did. Oh, and they're also a special case who did well for themselves due to their exceptional ability, so you should show them a little more respect.

Not that I've got anyone specific in mind there, or anything.

182,817 Oak Tree Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free ...

Sawft GIF - SAWFT - Discover & Share GIFs

On 20/08/2022 at 13:49, TxRover said:

But what is truth, is it unchanging law, we both have truths, are mine the same as yours?

Do you think the abuse that is said towards other posters on this part of the board is acceptable? 

We can all have different views and opinions and be civil to each other.

Div's sticky sadly has made not one bit of difference. 

5 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Cheers for that Snafu. You have just proved that no matter how many times Div's sticky is mentioned it has made no difference whatsoever. 

Honestly, why can't we communicate and debate without insults? 

10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

PM a mod about it if you are offended or you could use the report function top right hand corner of the offending post.

I'm not offended Snafu and do not report other posters.

I shouldn't need to anyway as we all should be able to communicate without abuse. I don't understand why there is any need for it.

I see that Barristers in England and Wales are to become the latest group that folk are meant to get angry about. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62629776

If the notoriously lefty Corbyn types (😁) like BARRISTERS are taking the hump, pretty soon ET will be staring blankly out the windows of 10 Downing Street like Cersei Lannister looking out at Kings's Landing being burned to the ground as all her dreams of power are swept away by the dragon's power.  In this case, the dragon will be an autumn and winter of strikes and the latest predicted inflation rate of (gulp) over 18% -  https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/aug/22/cineworld-us-bankruptcy-felixstowe-strike-gas-prices-recession-stock-markets-business-live 

Oi!  State pensioners! Good luck hoping that the government will stick to the "triple lock". 

It's all going SOOOOO well. 

14 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I see that Barristers in England and Wales are to become the latest group that folk are meant to get angry about. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62629776

If the notoriously lefty Corbyn types (😁) like BARRISTERS are taking the hump, pretty soon ET will be staring blankly out the windows of 10 Downing Street like Cersei Lannister looking out at Kings's Landing being burned to the ground as all her dreams of power are swept away by the dragon's power.  In this case, the dragon will be an autumn and winter of strikes and the latest predicted inflation rate of (gulp) over 18% -  https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2022/aug/22/cineworld-us-bankruptcy-felixstowe-strike-gas-prices-recession-stock-markets-business-live 

Oi!  State pensioners! Good luck hoping that the government will stick to the "triple lock". 

It's all going SOOOOO well. 

18% on my pension would be most welcome.

If the government doesn’t stick with the triple lock the Tories won’t get my vote.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

18% on my pension would be most welcome.

If the government doesn’t stick with the triple lock the Tories won’t get my vote.

But...  but... but...  won't that cause inflation?  How could an inflation-matching rise for workers be resisted because it would be inflationary, but an inflation-matching rise for you to sit on your backside be fine and dandy?