Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

1 minute ago, HTG said:

This govt can resolve that statistic fairly easily. They'll either intervene in the energy market or redefine "fuel poverty". 

Just needs a rebrand IMO.

"As we look to fight climate change, this is an excellent opportunity for householders to cut their excessive use of gas and electricity. For too long, immigrants and families generations deep into the welfare state have racked up enormous, unnecessary energy bills at the taxpayers' expense. The days of paying for the excesses of the lazy and privileged are over!"

20 minutes ago, HTG said:

This govt can resolve that statistic fairly easily. They'll either intervene in the energy market or redefine "fuel poverty". 

I was thinking the same. They will redefine it to 25% of income or something.

13 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was thinking the same. They will redefine it to 25% of income or something.

The definition of fuel poverty was changed in England a few years ago, ostensibly to link it more closely to general poverty. For some households, whilst required expenditure on fuel might be disproportionately high, it could be affordable.  I recall seeing the Royal Household being cited as a ludicrous example to challenge the 10% definition.

How fuel poverty is defined in the devolved nations is within the remit of their Governments/Assemblies. I doubt any of these would be motivated to change the fuel poverty definition  as a gift to Westminster.

'Failure' apparently means, "I didn't like it".

SpongePhil SquareYerBoots could try blind copypasting from something like Racist Pets and it would keep us all happy, but no...

Just now, BFTD said:

'Failure' apparently means, "I didn't like it".

SpongePhil SquareYerBoots could try blind copypasting from something like Racist Pets and it would keep us all happy, but no...

Yeah, i'm not sure Gaelic road signs can be classified as something that failed. Unless the Gaelic writing made them all dissolve and not be signs anymore. 

But then, we get these spam accounts on here that keep getting conversed with for some reason, so here we are.......

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, i'm not sure Gaelic road signs can be classified as something that failed. Unless the Gaelic writing made them all dissolve and not be signs anymore. 

But then, we get these spam accounts on here that keep getting conversed with for some reason, so here we are.......

They also never cost £26,000,000

Mind you "Gaelic Dictionary" and "Gaelic TV" are both on their too so I'm just gonna presume it was written by a fucking c**t.

Jist got dotted by the idiot. Now we know who wrote it.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

23 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

What are Rangers malicious prosecutions?

I'm being serious here. What are they?

These days, right, you say that you're Rangers and it's estimated that they'll spend £196 million to maliciously prosecute you.

2 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Bidh mi ag radh "Tha Gaidhlig agam" an-diugh agus tha e gu math daor air soidhne rathaid

He's right; they spent all that money and I had to use Google Translate to understand that.

But that's true of some of SpongePhil's posts too, so it evens out.

40 minutes ago, spongeheid15 said:

Screenshot_20220819_152635.jpg

Leaving aside the blatantly made-up figures contained in the list and the compilers seething hatred of the SNP, is that figure a)quite close to, (b) very close to, or (c) absolutely nowhere near the £31 billion the Centre for European Reform said Brexit had cost up to the end of last year? 

I like the seethe about the Poll Tax write-off. Because we should totally be chasing folk for debts dating back thirty years.

Also, the abject cheek of claiming that Westminster would do a better job than anybody of outsourcing IT services, considering the long, long tradition of making an absolute c**t of anything involving computers and data! You'd be as well asking the lad from your local PC shop to take a look at it.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

I like the seethe about the Poll Tax write-off. Because we should totally be chasing folk for debts dating back thirty years.

The figures don't even make sense. That figure (if it is even true and not just farted out by Durie's Air Freshener) will be the total amount of Poll Tax that wasn't paid. Even if the SNP never wrote that off yer ontae plums if ye think it would ever be all claimed back. As well as the amount of folk who owed it who are deid now the cost and effort of finding everyone who owed would, potentially, exceed the cost of getting it back. Especially when the majority who would be forced into paying it back would be doing so in instalments like a fiver a month.