Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

I've heard reports of diesel at £2.00/litre, Friday was the first time I actually saw one, 202.9/lt in Cookstown. For such a small town there is quite an amazing range in prices. 10 p cheaper in Tesco, I think it was.

I have vague recollections of diesel being £2.00 + /lt in Magherafelt on Saturday night, but it was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was more concentrating on the road than anything else.

4 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Whatever your views on the strike, the clear contempt Lynch has for utter morons like Burley, Madelyn and Morgan is pleasing to see. They're not used to interviewing folk who won't just sit and take their right wing populist shite. Google his interviews with Madeley and his airhead sidekick, basically "I agree you absolutely have a right to strike, could you not just have a less effective one?" emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

At this point, they've spend their entire lives without questioning the slow, grinding exploitation of workers by capitalism, to the point that their cognitive muscles have atrophied. It's just "the way it is", and isn't even worth questioning. You just have to work for less every year to make sure the shareholders and directors can take even more money out - it doesn't work any other way.

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

At this point, they've spend their entire lives without questioning the slow, grinding exploitation of workers by capitalism, to the point that their cognitive muscles have atrophied. It's just "the way it is", and isn't even worth questioning. You just have to work for less every year to make sure the shareholders and directors can take even more money out - it doesn't work any other way.

To be honest, you could apply that to most people.

The title of 'politician' legitimises these thieves. Essentially, and with barely any exceptions, the political class is just rich people using the tools they have (public school, access to media, access to parliament, access to the judiciary) to protect their own economic interests.

The interview in the clip above shows the response when the workers use the levers available to them. But it's just two groups doing the same thing.

The difference is that one side has the legitimacy of a title and the illusion of respectability. They're just thieves. Plain and simple.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've heard reports of diesel at £2.00/litre, Friday was the first time I actually saw one, 202.9/lt in Cookstown. For such a small town there is quite an amazing range in prices. 10 p cheaper in Tesco, I think it was.

I have vague recollections of diesel being £2.00 + /lt in Magherafelt on Saturday night, but it was 2 o'clock in the morning and I was more concentrating on the road than anything else.

Remember the good old days of 2000 when lorry drivers held go-slows on the motorway in protest at petrol hitting the dizzy heights of 80p per litre. 

On 20/06/2022 at 17:05, Bairnardo said:

Imagine that would be the shortest bankers meeting ever....

"People are going to start failing affordability checks for mortgages soon, what should we do?"

0.9 seconds passes.....

"So that's unanimous then we bin them and lend like f**k let's go to the pub"

I'm still absolutely staggered we bailed these fucking useless parasites out with taxpayer cash and are now letting them get into the same coke fuelled dick swinging competition that fucked them up in the first place.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I'm still absolutely staggered we bailed these fucking useless parasites out with taxpayer cash and are now letting them get into the same coke fuelled dick swinging competition that fucked them up in the first place.

The UK's economy is built on housing speculation so it shouldn't be surprising at all. 

22 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Remember the good old days of 2000 when lorry drivers held go-slows on the motorway in protest at petrol hitting the dizzy heights of 80p per litre. 

One of the hot topics in Phoenix at the time was that gas was over $1 per gallon. Absolutely scandalous, disgraceful stuff, apparently.

I think it's gone up a bit since then.

On 28/06/2022 at 17:58, 101 said:

I'm not. Given that these fucking useless parasites have bought all the politicians they need with our money. Which probably serves us right. We do have one last chance to escape though.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, Clown Job said:

But theres no money in the purse to negotiate with public sector workers though? How can this be?

Because it's the Queen's purse...

Electricity price up by 27.5% (on top of the earlier increase), an extra £6.00/week, which takes care of the last pension increase (notwithstanding it's already been taken care of many times over by the previous electricity increase, phone bill increase, diesel increase, domestic heating oil increase and general price rises).

Electricity price up by 27.5% (on top of the earlier increase), an extra £6.00/week, which takes care of the last pension increase (notwithstanding it's already been taken care of many times over by the previous electricity increase, phone bill increase, diesel increase, domestic heating oil increase and general price rises).
It's fine, just downgrade your room from a Junior Suite on your next jaunt and all will be well.

Household finance expert on Good Morning Scotland today suggested people struggling to pay their bills could "rent out their driveways" [emoji2962]

Struggling to do that, the person renting my "granny flat" is using it [emoji849].