Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

39 minutes ago, Paco said:

I’d like to hear what an Alba councillor for Invergordon is going to do to solve high energy bills.

Yeah, the PBB isn't much more that a pitch for, and appeal to those minded towards Scots Indi, but I thought it was always pretty obvious that Alba are taking the approach that getting someone elected would be the biggest possible step towards legitimising themselves, and therefore they'll do pretty much whatever it takes to make that happen and are not really all that bothered about the 'why's' and what happens afterwards.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

I’d like to hear what an Alba councillor for Invergordon is going to do to solve high energy bills.

As much as an SNP/Tory/Labour/Green I would guess. f**k all.

Same as the local election has very little to do with independence no matter how many times the Tories try to tell us different. They should be about local issues.

If any of them tell me that they'll fix the potholes in my street, then they can get my vote. None of them will.

Our energy consumption summary is as follows:

Jan 2022 (electricity) : Over the last 12 months you've used 714 kWh , which cost £208.24 including VAT.

April 2022 (gas): Over the last 12 months you’ve used 21,564kWh, which cost £744.76 including VAT.

In line with this, the total estimated costs for the year ahead in line with current tariffs is therefore approx £950 per year and we have a DD set up for £101 per month, which is an increase of about just £25.

However given the huge cost increases I am seeing, is this estimated amount not incredibly cheap given the amount our consumption? A £25 per month increase seems very small to others who are increasing their DD by £100-£200 per month. 

I am obviously quite happy about this but don't want to be strung with a massive bill at some point due to mis-readings or miscalculations....

Edited by KingRocketman II

53 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Jan 2022 (electricity) : Over the last 12 months you've used 714 kWh , which cost £208.24 including VAT.

April 2022 (gas): Over the last 12 months you’ve used 21,564kWh, which cost £744.76 including VAT.

In line with this, the total estimated costs for the year ahead in line with current tariffs is therefore approx £950 per year and we have a DD set up for £101 per month, which is an increase of about just £25.

However given the huge cost increases I am seeing, is this estimated amount not incredibly cheap given the amount our consumption? A £25 per month increase seems very small to others who are increasing their DD by £100-£200 per month. 

I am obviously quite happy about this but don't want to be strung with a massive bill at some point due to mis-readings or miscalculations....

Do you ever switch anything electrical on?  Your consumption seems very low.

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

ha I know. It is gas central heating but the electricity is pretty much only used for TV, charging and wifi. Lights are rarely on!

Do you not have a kettle, fridge, freezer or washing machine?  Your usage isn't low, it is almost non-existent.

3 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

23A16DF6-8424-4E29-81B5-14883ADC98E9.thumb.jpeg.d86f903f3afbab40cce59f0d31e6e253.jpeg

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Do you not have a kettle, fridge, freezer or washing machine?  Your usage isn't low, it is almost non-existent.

kettle - a whistling one on the induction hobs - think that is energy efficient.

but aye - all the white goods are there :). maybe just used sparingly?

on double checking, we use less than half of the average annual electricity consumption (two of us in a three bedroom flat):

What's the average spend for electricity? 1
Electricity usage Average annual consumption Average annual cost*
Low (flat or 1-bedroom house / 1-2 people) 1,800 kWh £675.65

I have reconfirmed readings with the supplier and they confirm they follow the format/sequence as expected but its not a smart meter. so aye, maybe something not quite right somewhere ha.

2 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

kettle - a whistling one on the induction hobs - think that is energy efficient.

on double checking, we use less than half of the average annual electricity consumption (two of us in a three bedroom flat):

I have reconfirmed readings with the supplier and they confirm they follow the format/sequence as expected but its not a smart meter. so aye, maybe something not quite right somewhere ha.

^^^Tapping his neighbours leccy. 😂

On 26/04/2022 at 12:56, strichener said:

^^^Tapping his neighbours leccy. 😂

Beat me to it.

I'm trying to put it into perspective how low his usage is.   We were away last weekend and our smart meter tells me we used 2.88 kWh of electricity on Saturday.  At that rate it would still be over 1000 kWh in a year even though there was no-one in the house to switch anything on.  We also have solar panels so for 12 hours of the day no electricity would have been imported as it was sunny all day Saturday.

Lucky fucker.

On 26/04/2022 at 12:53, KingRocketman II said:

I'm 900kWh for a 2 bed. Seems mental that you could double that usage unless you have electric heating.

Politically he is right. His ratings are so low nobody would praise him or give him the plaudits, and that is what the shortarse cares about. Not actually helping people. 
He's a fucking Tory. When have those c***s ever wanted to help anyone who wasn't a millionaire and/or donor?

I’m not sure what the worry is. MOT frequency is going to get raised. Innovative approaches to big problems are what’s needed.

It’s a real life episode of The Thick Of It we’re living through, isn’t it?

“If it isn’t Humpty Numpty sitting on top of a collapsing wall like some clueless egg c**t” 

On 26/04/2022 at 08:00, KingRocketman II said:

Our electric bill is £200.00+ a quarter.

Heating oil for the last year was £311.12. Seems very low, must have deleted at least one other invoice.

ETA: 2020 was £544.65 for 1600 litres

1600 litres today would cost £1,422.00. :o

Edited by Jacksgranda