Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

On 24/08/2022 at 08:05, Paco said:

A freeze on energy bills wouldn’t help the worst off. Much better letting bills go up to £6k a year and giving them a few hundred quid in their bank accounts, apparently.

I know you should never be shocked with this lot, and yet…

It's an odd point to make tbh. It obviously will help. The question of whether it will help enough is another.

At the same time, though, the worst off will already receive up to £1,500 to help with the cost of living crisis. That is a significant amount of £1,971 should the cap be frozen there.

On 22/08/2022 at 18:36, Granny Danger said:

I’d have Wordsworth with Keats in the No 10 role.  Cantona can come on as an impact player with 30 minutes to go.

Before or after he kung fus the opposition fans?

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

It's a bloody joke.

The nonsense that all energy production prices are tied to the prices of (Russian) gas needs to be challenged.

Surprise… surprise nobody from the government is available for discussion with the media today 

These c***s need to start getting hounded. Every single Tory

No one from the UK Government available for interviews this morning. I think that's a good thing as it shows they must be working very hard on a plan to help us all out :) 

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

No one from the UK Government available for interviews this morning. I think that's a good thing as it shows they must be working very hard on a plan to help us all out :) 

Therese Coffey fell over and they’re currently trying to lift the fat pig up. 

32 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Surprise… surprise nobody from the government is available for discussion with the media today 

These c***s need to start getting hounded. Every single Tory

And wee Nicola’s  in Denmark opening her new embassy whilst all the rubbish is piling up.

Hound them. Every single SNP !!!

Calm down, man.

52 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

And wee Nicola’s  in Denmark opening her new embassy whilst all the rubbish is piling up.

Calm down, man.

It's actually the council's job to sort it but she could intervene. Then you'd moan about her intervening.

Probably.

And the 'embassy' in Denmark is an unneccessary nonsense. 

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Energy costs in other European countries are not rising as fast as those in the U.K., I wonder why that is?

I’ve had no indication that my electricity price is going up.

There are two main reasons.  We're more reliant on Gas and we have very little storage capability therefore we have to buy it in the short term spot market.

The other of course is we don't have a functioning government in place at the moment to take any action as other countries have done.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Calm down, man.

This calling to hound people is way over the top. It does no good whatsoever. 

Great stuff this.  I've just seen our Prime Minister proudly state on Sky news that the government are going to give financial help - "most of the money will go to the eight million most vulnerable households..."

Why the f are there eight million vulnerable households in such a wealthy country? 

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Great stuff this.  I've just seen our Prime Minister proudly state on Sky news that the government are going to give financial help - "most of the money will go to the eight million most vulnerable households..."

Why the f are there eight million vulnerable households in such a wealthy country? 

Being pedantic being most vulnerable doesn't strictly mean you are vulnerable.  You could be at the bottom end of a scale that starts very high up.

Of course you could turn it the other way and say if there are 8 million most vulnerable that could mean there are more than 8m vulnerable households which is probably closer to the truth in the current climate.

41 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

I'm just glad they're doing something.

They were in danger of losing my vote.