Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

13 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The figures don't even make sense. That figure (if it is even true and not just farted out by Durie's Air Freshener) will be the total amount of Poll Tax that wasn't paid. Even if the SNP never wrote that off yer ontae plums if ye think it would ever be all claimed back. As well as the amount of folk who owed it who are deid now the cost and effort of finding everyone who owed would, potentially, exceed the cost of getting it back. Especially when the majority who would be forced into paying it back would be doing so in instalments like a fiver a month.

I’ve been falsely accused of having many a different alias, but being called Spongeheid is a new one.

Not that it bothers me. Spongeheid seems a decent guy.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I’ve been falsely accused of having many a different alias, but being called Spongeheid is a new one.

Not that it bothers me. Spongeheid seems a decent guy.

Sorry idiot, I need to be more clear when you're around, I was saying you wrote it. I understand Spongeheid shared it but there's not enough spelling errors for it to be his own creation. 

1 hour ago, spongeheid15 said:

Screenshot_20220819_152635.jpg

Even if the figures in that list are accurate, given the lack of any meaningful investment in Gaelic for generations (never mind the attempts to eliminate/discourage it) I have no problem with the Gaelic-related spending on that list.  I realise that the onionists don't particularly like the idea of anything that could even give the appearance of a different identity within their Untied Kingdom but I try not to lose sleep over their disinterest or disapproval. 

14 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Even if the figures in that list are accurate, given the lack of any meaningful investment in Gaelic for generations (never mind the attempts to eliminate/discourage it) I have no problem with the Gaelic-related spending on that list.  I realise that the onionists don't particularly like the idea of anything that could even give the appearance of a different identity within their Untied Kingdom but I try not to lose sleep over their disinterest or disapproval. 

That’s certainly not my take.

Scots are every bit as British as the other parts of the country, and I’m proud of all languages that have been spoken by my ancestors.  The different identities within Britain help make it special.

My mum used to tell me that her mum and aunt would speak in Gaelic around her when it was something she wasn’t meant to hear, and I feel slightly sad that the language hasn’t been passed on through the generations the way it could have been.

I still don’t see it as a universal language of Scotland though, as it has never been widespread.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

That post is a perfect summary of political opposition in Scotland. Whoever wrote that could've just used the three or four points that aren't some combination of completely mental, flat out wrong or nothing to do with the Scottish Government, and it would still be an expensive list of failures by a fairly lacklustre, unimaginative government. Whereas when I read that it makes me want to vote SNP more to offset the vote of the thicko who put that together.

Same applies to the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and the BBC. Deserved criticism for the SNP gets diluted with their constant hysterical shite.

Edited by Patrick Noubissie

2 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

That’s a helluva lot of failures.

A party like no other.

Had a quick look to see if any of them were accurate. It doesn't appear so.

And even as someone who does not like the SNP and Sturgeon, I'd be hard pressed to call some of them failures and/or attribute the blame completely to the SNP.

57 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Poll Tax???

Where did that one come from?

The Conservatives were in charge of Scotland when the Poll Tax was experimented on us without our consent not the Essenpee.

In any case it at was Tory England that said no to the Poll Tax quite violently if I remember, we had no say up here.

I'd imagine this is what we are in for if the Scottish Parliament gets binned if Truss and her Thatcher delusions have their way. Scotland a test ground for the more repugnant Tory policies.

The Scottish Government blocked councils from using referendum data to track down people who had historic Poll Tax debts. Later they wiped the slate clean altogether, which was a pretty popular move with most people.  As Asim pointed out, after 20+ years that was money that councils were never getting, for a variety of reasons, so it made sense.

For Conservatives, it seems to be a point of principle; we decided you'd pay it, so by God you'll pay it, even if we have to spend a fortune chasing you to extract the precious metals from your corpse.

Oh wee Spongeheid, you've alot to learn.

Exactly how much have those Tories wasted in the last twelve years....

I do expect a comprehensive list with exact amounts and then you will see how much a silly fool you are

Your list is back of a fag packet stuff which I doubt will stand up to any sort if scrutiny.

The SNP might be far from perfect but they are so far ahead of the Tories, they are a dot on the horizon in the trust stakes.

You keep kissing the ass of the very party that is trying it's hardest to make your life a misery.

You are either a Torybot or you just need attention no matter what.

As it can't be for the absolute houndings you get after every post.

1 hour ago, Snafu said:

If that was true you've got some really great friends to get them up at 6am out of bed and them be totally happy even before coffee and breakfast to green dot you and red dot me, so you must have been in a bit of a panic to be that bothered that early in the morning. Or it was just you all along. I was on my days off so I didn't give a f**k. Anyway only two of them are left since both Steiner nWo and Traditionalist (who never posted but dotted loads) have both been fired into the great emptiness.

However I do know you are not Spongeheid, Albus or Stormzy if that's any consolation.

As I’ve always said, I only have one alias on here.

My honest opinion is that you don’t truly believe I am any of those names either, which is why I refuse to be drawn in when you go on about it.

I think you just like a wind up, which is fair enough I suppose.

38 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

Oh wee Spongeheid, you've alot to learn.

Exactly how much have those Tories wasted in the last twelve years....

I do expect a comprehensive list with exact amounts and then you will see how much a silly fool you are

Your list is back of a fag packet stuff which I doubt will stand up to any sort if scrutiny.

The SNP might be far from perfect but they are so far ahead of the Tories, they are a dot on the horizon in the trust stakes.

You keep kissing the ass of the very party that is trying it's hardest to make your life a misery.

You are either a Torybot or you just need attention no matter what.

As it can't be for the absolute houndings you get after every post.

Screenshot_20220804_122241.jpg

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Have you noticed they both have similar expressions. Someone with skills should do a face swap between the two, that would be funny.

Spongeheid is to this forum like Tommy Cooper was to magic tricks. I can quite easily see this lad end up with a very loyal Indie band type cult following in here.

Actually, the shaggy boy reminds me a bit of good old Boris, and would probably take ministerial office more seriously.

Also substantially less likely to leave messes everywhere for other people to clear up.