Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

15 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I got invited to a Facebook group called "UK Fuel Action". It appears to be a 20,000+ strong herding pen for H_B style moonhowlers obsessed over the NWO, racist cretins whining about immigrants and fat truck drivers bemoaning woke culture and electric vehicles.

A nice little microcosm as to why "Britons", despite years of laughing at the French for being spineless surrender monkeys, will simply roll over and let big business tickle their bellies, whilst the French would be setting stuff on fire and scaring the shite out of their political leaders. 

Not much difference in price between the UK and France.

France gasoline prices, 06-Jun-2022 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com

image.png.dfd6f9f129567e8bea86859b159aa509.png

To put it into context, the Americans are moaning like f**k because it's now over $5 a gallon.

19 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I got invited to a Facebook group called "UK Fuel Action". It appears to be a 20,000+ strong herding pen for H_B style moonhowlers obsessed over the NWO, racist cretins whining about immigrants and fat truck drivers bemoaning woke culture and electric vehicles.

A nice little microcosm as to why "Britons", despite years of laughing at the French for being spineless surrender monkeys, will simply roll over and let big business tickle their bellies, whilst the French would be setting stuff on fire and scaring the shite out of their political leaders. 

I hate the 'surrender monkey' shite. It was amusing on The Simpsons, but it's right wing propaganda otherwise and I can't believe so many folk, who wouldn't consider themselves right wing, continue to use it.

See also; folk who take their opinions on cyclists from Tory scumbag Jeremy Clarkson.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Not much difference in price between the UK and France.

France gasoline prices, 06-Jun-2022 | GlobalPetrolPrices.com

image.png.dfd6f9f129567e8bea86859b159aa509.png

To put it into context, the Americans are moaning like f**k because it's now over $5 a gallon.

Very little tax on fuel in the US. That’s where the difference is.

Fuel in the Falkirk area is always a little more expensive than elsewhere. I usually fill up in Alloa when visiting my folks as it is usually a penny or two cheaper there. Happened to be in Edinburgh yesterday and went to the Morrisons at the Gyle. Again, Edinburgh is often cheaper by a little. 
Got a shock when I saw just how much it was in Redding. The Esso garage at Rumford had diesel at 189.9 per litre. Says something when Esso is cheaper than Tesco. 
Noticed this as well, where we are the options are a Jet garage, and a Tesco. Usually Tesco is a penny or two per litre cheaper until recently.
Diesel prices this morning.
Tesco £191.9 p/l
Jet £189.9p/l.

10 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Noticed this as well, where we are the options are a Jet garage, and a Tesco. Usually Tesco is a penny or two per litre cheaper until recently.
Tesco £191.9 p/l
Jet £189.9p/l.

Just used Morrison's in Bathgate, it was 186.7 p/l. The BP just along the road, 194.9 p/l

Edited by Soapy FFC

46% of the petrol price is tax, duty plus VAT. Hopefully I won't need to fill up till they drop the duty by a fair chunk, they're taking in a huge amount from VAT so it won't really cost anything.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

46% of the petrol price is tax, duty plus VAT. Hopefully I won't need to fill up till they drop the duty by a fair chunk, they're taking in a huge amount from VAT so it won't really cost anything.

Should we have a windfall tax on the Govt for the huge hike in VAT take? 

2 hours ago, jakedee said:

Tesco £191.9 p/l
Jet £189.9p/l.

191.9/lt in Cookstown this afternoon. Which is surprising as at the other end of the town there is a Go station at 185.9/lt

1 hour ago, Kenneth840 said:

I read that and the first line "Decarbonising Scotland's electricity is easy" is problematic to me because as anyone with a passing interest in the subject will tell you that it is very far from that.

He then lists the various technologies that are well known as prospects.

He sums up by hinting that a Scottish CEGB is the cure-all.

As a piece it would be good as a paper for some exam or other.

Setting aside the reasons he has been discredited, it's quite hard to take his output as anything more than polemic.

I've watched it many times but still dont understand what happened at the end of Trading Places, how did they end up making money by buying the stuff back at the end?
Classic shorting.

Selling what you don't have at a high price then buy back once the arse collapses out the market.

9 hours ago, Clown Job said:

Fucking hell they can’t be serious 😂 

Not sure the boomers have done their sums here.

Number of first time buyers doubles as price of average starter home drops by over £10k in 2021 | Barclays

First time buyers who got on the property ladder in 2021 paid an average £281,900

Barclays’ data shows the average deposit paid by a sole first time buyer in 2021 was £61,100

How much is Netflix per month? £10.99? Add 4 takeaways a month and it would be about £131 in total so it would be about 39 years to save up that deposit.

Edit: Basically, the younger generation would be better killing their parents to be able to afford a deposit. Far better for the planet to have fewer old b*****ds (like me) around as well.

Edited by Suspect Device