Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

22 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Actually, they’re both favourites.

Must have watched FG about seven times.

Harry Enfield, now you’re talking. Personal favourites are the ‘Yorkshire Man’, - it’s got everything , homophobia, racism, misogyny, they’re all there aplenty, and possibly Ulsterman.

Fantastic.

Uncle Colm for me

D-iVk1NWsAElhMr.jpg:large

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Absolutely disgusting, can't remember where I read it (might have been in here) 

Capitalism is meant to reward risk, these companies got rich with luck. Get them taxed to f**k.

What a car crash this is, she clearly has no idea of the work of her portfolio, had there ever been to many members of cabinet who are completely useless? I'd suggest not.

52 minutes ago, GiGi said:

As always, even a government help package benefits the wealthy more than the poor.

It's what always happens, shovel public money into already rich people's pockets but give everyone else just enough to seem like they actually care. Sunak's reasoning of this is that to get this money 'out quickly' to those who truly need it, it's an unavoidable by-product.

Except they could've done it months ago instead of doing it now as a convenient, cynical distraction piece to save the big c**t. 

8 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I won’t be responding meaningfully to petty insults.

if you’d like to debate sensibly then feel free to engage.  Otherwise, you’ll be receiving no further replies on this thread.

Tread carefully here people, this guy is clearly not fucking about.

10 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I won’t be responding meaningfully to petty insults.

if you’d like to debate sensibly then feel free to engage.  Otherwise, you’ll be receiving no further replies on this thread.

Is this the new "ever-expanding ignore list"?

35 minutes ago, jakedee said:

Diesel price at my local garage now £182.9 p/l.
Dropped from £175.9 to £171.9 after the duty cut.
I thought oil prices were dropping?
This can't go on.

My local BP garage unleaded has jumped from 165.9 to 170.9p/l. I got it today at Asda at 165.9 p/l

10 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

You could say the same thing about many, many other useless shit that folk spend their money on. Cigarettes and alcohol, gambling, fake nails/eyelashes/tan, gym memberships, every streaming service going, takeaway food etc etc etc.

All unnecessary and should be the first thing cut back on. The problem comes when you've cut back on all the unnecessary shite and still haven't got enough money. 

..and more and more people, many in full-time employment, have reached that point already. It isn't getting any better, either. In what we are repeatedly told is a prosperous nation, that is fucking obscene.

4 hours ago, jakedee said:

This can't go on.

Meanwhile the advisory fuel rate effective 1st June has risen by ONE PENCE over the level it was before Christmas, having not risen in March.

I can tell you now is costs much more than 1p per mile extra than it did previously.

7 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Meanwhile the advisory fuel rate effective 1st June has risen by ONE PENCE over the level it was before Christmas, having not risen in March.

I can tell you now is costs much more than 1p per mile extra than it did previously.

You can claim the actual cost rather than the use the advisory rates.  Hence the name.

15 hours ago, jakedee said:

This can't go on.

Sadly I can't see it getting much traction until the rich folk complain because couriers aren't being paid enough to cover their costs and they can get their Amazon parcel the second they order it.

I listened to some podcasts the other day with Gary Stevenson. Not sure if people have heard of him. He came from a poor background and managed to get into london school of economics. He then got a job with Citibank by winning a card game and went onto become their most profitable trader in the world. He did this by consistently betting that the economy would continue to perform worse whilst everyone was predicting it would improve.

Anyways, he was predicting this would happen just as covid happened which was march 20. He puts it all down to the huge inequality which only got worse during covid. He is an advocate for a wealth tax which would help ease the cost of living crisis. He essentially alludes to the thought that there is not a cost of living crisis but more so an inequality crisis and until this is addressed then it will never improve. His march 20 prediction seems to be pretty spot on sadly

• 2 weeks later...