Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Has anyone else NOT had there energy bills rocket? 

EDF still havent been in touch yet to shove mine up (ooer).  My DD remains the same and in now about £600 in credit. Havent had a "bill" since March right enough.

Me - I am locked in to my tariff until August. 

Come August...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493baghq5fao3mqwqtcjj2k

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Surely your tariff till August will be lower than the current variable rate assuming that your tariff started last August or earlier?

Am I missing something here?

It was August-August (1 year) on a fixed tariff. Next year it will be higher.  

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

EDF still havent been in touch yet to shove mine up (ooer).  My DD remains the same and in now about £600 in credit. Havent had a "bill" since March right enough.

All that's happened here is that you haven't paid for your energy in a while, that's not the same thing as your bills not going up.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

All that's happened here is that you haven't paid for your energy in a while, that's not the same thing as your bills not going up.

If you mean I havent paid EDF then i have each month.

If you mean they havent charged me enough then you would be right.

Either way, Im confused.

The direct debit is not directly linked to your bill, it is just an estimated cost that would have been made under your previous tariff. They have not yet billed you under the new tariff, at which point you will no doubt see an increase in the amount that you have actually been charged for gas and/or electricity, and that is the point where they will probably request an increase in your direct debit.

I had a wonderful couple of days earlier this year - my energy provider had been massively undercharging me as a result of being on estimates for eight months (the smart meter had stopped sending data back home and I'd no idea). I was pissed enough to change suppliers and the recommended direct debit for the new supplier was huge as a result, but they recommended that I leave it at that until they worked out what my usage was. Then they went under a few months later, and the supplier who inherited me said the same; leave it as-is and we can adjust it later. Then they went tits up, and the provider who inherited me...well, you get the idea.

As a result, when they finally sorted out my account, I was over £800 in the black and they recommended dropping my direct debit to a third of what I'd been paying. Happy days.

A few days later, they recommended that I increase it back up to £20 a month less than the overinflated rate I'd been struggling to pay originally  :(

Either way, Im confused.
Basically, your gas and electricity bill is about to overtake your wife's Virginia Killing Stick budget and there's nothing you can do about either

I fixed mine in September last year. it was a wee bit dearer than the previous year but not mental.

I'll be in for a shock this October. 

3 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I fixed mine in September last year. it was a wee bit dearer than the previous year but not mental.

I'll be in for a shock this October. 

Aye, it'll be a good bit higher than your current rate.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, it'll be a good bit higher than your current rate.

All the more reason for me to turn into my father.

Go round moaning about 'every fucking light in this house is on', 'it's like Blackpool illuminations in here', 'turn that heating down and put another jersey on'.

😃

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

All the more reason for me to turn into my father.

Go round moaning about 'every fucking light in this house is on', 'it's like Blackpool illuminations in here', 'turn that heating down and put another jersey on'.

😃

That's true, and I'm right there with you, but shush because I was hoping to switch to an electricity-based pun marathon.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

That's true, and I'm right there with you, but shush because I was hoping to switch to an electricity-based pun marathon.

Current rate. f**k sake, I only just got it.

That's shocking. Not sure watt I was thinking.

Edited by Suspect Device

43 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
50 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:
Either way, Im confused.

Basically, your gas and electricity bill is about to overtake your wife's Virginia Killing Stick budget and there's nothing you can do about either

How much is a divorce?