Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

6 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Good post, WRK.  I'm not actually looking for bites though.. just reasonable discussion as always.

1- I can't agree that the Tories deliberately (or otherwise) victimise the poor and vulnerable.  I'd have to see exactly what she said before commenting on the supposed Ukraine/Protocol connection.

2- I don't agree about the tax regime.  The rich already pay far more tax than the poor.  I look at it differently and see a tax system that applies to everyone, with people able to climb the ladder and earn more if they see fit.  What we do need to clamp down on is big business using loopholes though, and I don't think the Tories have an appetite to do this, which is wrong.

3- I don't think the Tories criminalise refugees at all, but someone taking a life risking journey from France isn't escaping a war.. they're 'escaping' a safe country.  It's a very good point you make about our manufacturers making a profit from these wars, which is of course wrong.  We should not be meddling in the affairs of other countries across the world as if we are some sort of global policeman.

4- Completely agree with you, but I don't just see this as a Tory problem.

5- Completely disagree, especially with your 'racist vote' claim.  The very term 'racist' has lost all meaning due to it's overuse.  Also disagree about the treaty.

6- They don't actively kill off anyone.  People have free will.

1. Obviously you can't, because that would betray your thick wc tory persona. The UN, Amnesty, the WHO and many many others do agree, however. International bodies, with no UK axe to grind.

2. Of course the rich pay more - they've fucking got more. You really are over-egging the stupid tory act here. Your statement about earning more "if they see fit" is just a straight lift from McLean's gibbering, and is still fucking ridiculous.

3. Define "safe" from the point of view of a refugee. I'm willing to guess not many people, of whatever origin, would risk their lives and pay thousands for the prize of a council flat and a "flatscreen TV".

4. Who is running this country again? Who ennobled Lebvedev(sp?)? Which Chancellor's wife (and by extension, Chancellor) is still actually doing business in Russia?

5, You're simply not paying attention, then. What do you believe wc England voted for, then? Longer queues at airports? Getting reduced residence in the EU (fucking "ex-pats" screamed like spoiled kids when that one sank in- one of the few pluses of the whole farrago)? I'll assume you've watched the news today, and the treaty issue may be clearer for you. Doubt it, tbh, but you never know. 

6. And now we come to the part where responding to a vicious, stupid, ignorant and wilfully contrarian piece of shit stops becoming a bit of fun. Do you actually mean to say that "free will" could have prevented my daughter's physical disability? Are you trying to tell me that she. and hundreds of thousands like her, fucking chose  to be born disabled? Not to mention those who have been crippled in illegal wars in support of that "special relationship", only to find that the country they put their lives on the line for doesn't even deem them worthy of housing? Fúck off, you loathsome little cúnt.

MODS: Please empty this little w****r. There are trolls on here who can be baited amusingly. This little shit brings down the whole site by his presence. 

15 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

It actually saddens me that working class people (especially in England) vote Tory.

I can't see how they can do that with a clear conscience. Tory policies kill people, that is a fact

And most of them also voted for Brexit.

53 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

1. Obviously you can't, because that would betray your thick wc tory persona. The UN, Amnesty, the WHO and many many others do agree, however. International bodies, with no UK axe to grind.

2. Of course the rich pay more - they've fucking got more. You really are over-egging the stupid tory act here. Your statement about earning more "if they see fit" is just a straight lift from McLean's gibbering, and is still fucking ridiculous.

3. Define "safe" from the point of view of a refugee. I'm willing to guess not many people, of whatever origin, would risk their lives and pay thousands for the prize of a council flat and a "flatscreen TV".

4. Who is running this country again? Who ennobled Lebvedev(sp?)? Which Chancellor's wife (and by extension, Chancellor) is still actually doing business in Russia?

5, You're simply not paying attention, then. What do you believe wc England voted for, then? Longer queues at airports? Getting reduced residence in the EU (fucking "ex-pats" screamed like spoiled kids when that one sank in- one of the few pluses of the whole farrago)? I'll assume you've watched the news today, and the treaty issue may be clearer for you. Doubt it, tbh, but you never know. 

6. And now we come to the part where responding to a vicious, stupid, ignorant and wilfully contrarian piece of shit stops becoming a bit of fun. Do you actually mean to say that "free will" could have prevented my daughter's physical disability? Are you trying to tell me that she. and hundreds of thousands like her, fucking chose  to be born disabled? Not to mention those who have been crippled in illegal wars in support of that "special relationship", only to find that the country they put their lives on the line for doesn't even deem them worthy of housing? Fúck off, you loathsome little cúnt.

MODS: Please empty this little w****r. There are trolls on here who can be baited amusingly. This little shit brings down the whole site by his presence. 

Usually I’d ignore such nasty, hostile drivel, but there are some points I simply must refute.

That will happen tomorrow, when you’ve hopefully calmed down.

Am I reading this right? If you are in a council house with an extra bedroom you get hit with the Bedroom Tax but if you are a house owner with a spare room/granny flat the government will "incentivise", which I guess means getting money or a tax cut? 

Given that what the MP says in the article comes over as a meaningless ramble I'll just file it under Tory being Tory.

It's been a while since somebody's argued that MPs should have higher wages "to attract quality", but I'll wager there's some brave soul currently reading this who's aching to give it a shot.

11 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Am I reading this right? If you are in a council house with an extra bedroom you get hit with the Bedroom Tax but if you are a house owner with a spare room/granny flat the government will "incentivise", which I guess means getting money or a tax cut? 

Given that what the MP says in the article comes over as a meaningless ramble I'll just file it under Tory being Tory.

It'll just be the standard "I have no idea about life" stuff that they occasionally let slip.

You know the extra properties or rooms that everyone has? Just rent one of them out if you're a bit short on cash. Food too expensive? Carbohydrates are cheap, just eat them. Short on money? Get another job; I have five, and they only take up two days a week between them. Failing that, get one of those "pay day loans" I see on the telly and pay it off when the inheritance from your uncle clears.

There's none so blind as those who refuse to see.

12 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

1- Thick Tory persona?  I say what I think on here, and if you don't like it then I'm afraid it's your problem.  I bet when you come across Tories offline you're like a quiet wee mouse.  As I've said, I don't believe the Tories victimise the poor and vulnerable.

2- There is no 'Stupid Tory act', like I say I just say what I think.  If you actually want to actually tackle my points about the tax regime in a sensible manner then feel free.

3- I never mentioned anything about council flats or flatscreen TVs.  Again, you've not tackled my points, preferring presumptive, strawman nonsense.  Starting to see a trend here.

4- You've missed the point entirely.  By saying it's not just a Tory problem, I'm not clearing them of blame.

5- I actually am paying attention.  What did they vote for?  To leave the EU, obviously.  People like you who call everything racist are doing a disservice to themselves.

6- Asking me whether I believe free will could have stopped your daughter's disability is a new low, even for you.  When I saw that, I was tempted to just put you on ignore, but here I am still engaging.. more fool me perhaps.  Again, you've missed the point completely, but my points stands.. the Tories do not actively kill off anyone.

And to think that after your diatribe you actually have the nerve to call for me to be banned?  Such a lack of awareness.  You're the one making nasty, bigoted posts, not me.  I'm not trolling or doing anything wrong.  If you can't handle my opinions then it's entirely your problem.

If you respond with yet more personal, nasty rubbish then you're going straight on ignore.  Last chance.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

1- Thick Tory persona?  I say what I think on here, and if you don't like it then I'm afraid it's your problem.  I bet when you come across Tories offline you're like a quiet wee mouse.  As I've said, I don't believe the Tories victimise the poor and vulnerable.
2- There is no 'Stupid Tory act', like I say I just say what I think.  If you actually want to actually tackle my points about the tax regime in a sensible manner then feel free.
3- I never mentioned anything about council flats or flatscreen TVs.  Again, you've not tackled my points, preferring presumptive, strawman nonsense.  Starting to see a trend here.
4- You've missed the point entirely.  By saying it's not just a Tory problem, I'm not clearing them of blame.
5- I actually am paying attention.  What did they vote for?  To leave the EU, obviously.  People like you who call everything racist are doing a disservice to themselves.
6- Asking me whether I believe free will could have stopped your daughter's disability is a new low, even for you.  When I saw that, I was tempted to just put you on ignore, but here I am still engaging.. more fool me perhaps.  Again, you've missed the point completely, but my points stands.. the Tories do not actively kill off anyone.
And to think that after your diatribe you actually have the nerve to call for me to be banned?  Such a lack of awareness.  You're the one making nasty, bigoted posts, not me.  I'm not trolling or doing anything wrong.  If you can't handle my opinions then it's entirely your problem.
If you respond with yet more personal, nasty rubbish then you're going straight on ignore.  Last chance.
[emoji23]

20 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Good post, WRK.  I'm not actually looking for bites though.. just reasonable discussion as always.

1- I can't agree that the Tories deliberately (or otherwise) victimise the poor and vulnerable.  I'd have to see exactly what she said before commenting on the supposed Ukraine/Protocol connection.

2- I don't agree about the tax regime.  The rich already pay far more tax than the poor.  I look at it differently and see a tax system that applies to everyone, with people able to climb the ladder and earn more if they see fit.  What we do need to clamp down on is big business using loopholes though, and I don't think the Tories have an appetite to do this, which is wrong.

3- I don't think the Tories criminalise refugees at all, but someone taking a life risking journey from France isn't escaping a war.. they're 'escaping' a safe country.  It's a very good point you make about our manufacturers making a profit from these wars, which is of course wrong.  We should not be meddling in the affairs of other countries across the world as if we are some sort of global policeman.

4- Completely agree with you, but I don't just see this as a Tory problem.

5- Completely disagree, especially with your 'racist vote' claim.  The very term 'racist' has lost all meaning due to it's overuse.  Also disagree about the treaty.

6- They don't actively kill off anyone.  People have free will.

This post was brought to you in a GB News way, not in a PC news way.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

With these Tory MPs, I think many are utterly bewildered that the public are demanding any help from them. In their minds this economic issue a) isn't as bad as is being made out and b) doesn't affect them in any meaningful way. 

To their minds, the Tory government has consisted of: 2010-2016, fixing "Labour's mess"; 2016-2020 getting Brexit done; 2020 getting the "big calls" on Covid right. We, the public, should be grateful to have had them in charge this whole time.

Now, when their constituents are showing up saying they now cannot afford to eat or heat their homes, they have no answer at all and so reach for any old nonsense that comes to mind.  You can eat a meal for 30p. Get a better job. Take on more hours. Use own brand goods. Wear a jumper.  

They do not get that voters are looking to the government to help them, and with no help coming they will possibly not win the next election. And these Tory MPs have got to be the least intelligent bunch I have ever come across. 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

With these Tory MPs, I think many are utterly bewildered that the public are demanding any help from them. In their minds this economic issue a) isn't as bad as is being made out and b) doesn't affect them in any meaningful way. 

To their minds, the Tory government has consisted of: 2010-2016, fixing "Labour's mess"; 2016-2020 getting Brexit done; 2020 getting the "big calls" on Covid right. We, the public, should be grateful to have had them in charge this whole time.

Now, when their constituents are showing up saying they now cannot afford to eat or heat their homes, they have no answer at all and so reach for any old nonsense that comes to mind.  You can eat a meal for 30p. Get a better job. Take on more hours. Use own brand goods. Wear a jumper.  

They do not get that voters are looking to the government to help them, and with no help coming they will possibly not win the next election. And these Tory MPs have got to be the least intelligent bunch I have ever come across. 

I'll avoid the oohh errr joke but I agree on this point. 

I think when ideological battles occur you usually end up with the dumbest in charge just because they support the cause.

Happened under Corbyn with the likes of Burgon and Pidcock, non intelligent people who were essentially cheerleaders that could display passion and parrot party lines whilst defending the indefensible. The Tories with their majority have done the same, the likes of Scott Benton and Nadine Dorries are two that stick out as particularly thick as shit and only got in due to their thirst for Twitter culture wars and their blind support of Brexit and Boris. 

What a gaping, festering, unwiped arsehole [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

How's about putting the whole site on ignore, you stupid, vicious little cúnt. Personal enough for you? Good. Now fúck off.

As suspected, you’ve responded with yet more nasty, sweary nonsense.

Being a keyboard warrior may appeal to you, but it’s not my style.

Maybe you resort to this drivel to get out of answering points put to you, much like you did in the abortion discussion, who knows.

I’ll not be putting the whole board on ignore btw.. just you :)

Go and bore someone else.

Cheerio.

3 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

As suspected, you’ve responded with yet more nasty, sweary nonsense.

Being a keyboard warrior may appeal to you, but it’s not my style.

Maybe you resort to this drivel to get out of answering points put to you, much like you did in the abortion discussion, who knows.

I’ll not be putting the whole board on ignore btw.. just you :)

Go and bore someone else.

Cheerio.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍