Cost of Living Crisis

Paco

I see a Lib-Dem peer is raising the suggestion with the government that the clocks move to what he's calling Double Summer Time to help ease the cost of living crisis by helping reduce bills, maximising daylight in the evenings.

This move would mean the UK adopting Central European Time. Mmm, I think a key word there might mean this isn't going to happen.

13 hours ago, 101 said:

I hope they read to stories of disabled people up and down the country and feel shame and reverse the decision.

You must be joking. The vast, vast majority of conservative politicians and indeed conservative voters are complete and utter vermin and will take great delight in disabled people dying as a result of the cost of living crisis and cuts to their benefits.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

You must be joking. The vast, vast majority of conservative politicians and indeed conservative voters are complete and utter vermin and will take great delight in disabled people dying as a result of the cost of living crisis and cuts to their benefits.

Bit harsh.

Satisfaction's probably a better term; the kind you get after seeing a job well done.

9 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I wonder what it will take for the riots to start? We must be pretty close to that. It’s just a pity the ones you want to get to are so far away in London.

Didn't stop the Jarrow marchers.

Young people today...

I see the boss of Scottish Power is advocating a system where "better off" people pay more for their electricity so that it can be cheaper for vulnerable people.

Isn't that just yet another tax, instigated on behalf of a private company? Why on earth should people be means tested and charged accordingly for buying a product from a company?

If its important enough that a fair price for all should be available (it is), then it should be nationalised and these gouging c***s kicked to the kerb.

Scottish Power clamouring to offer up solutions that might help prevent people dying in their home in a way that can preserve their profits needs to be given no oxygen. c***s.

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see the boss of Scottish Power is advocating a system where "better off" people pay more for their electricity so that it can be cheaper for vulnerable people.

Isn't that just yet another tax, instigated on behalf of a private company? Why on earth should people be means tested and charged accordingly for buying a product from a company?

If its important enough that a fair price for all should be available (it is), then it should be nationalised and these gouging c***s kicked to the kerb.

Scottish Power clamouring to offer up solutions that might help prevent people dying in their home in a way that can preserve their profits needs to be given no oxygen. c***s.

This is proof that things that are a necessity for living - water, electricity, gas, sewers - should be not for profit run government organisations. It’s lazy government to give them to private companies to run.

51 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The proliferation of human beauty salons amazes me too. No matter how many are in a town, they never seem to close, and there's always room for more.

Just now, BFTD said:

The proliferation of human beauty salons amazes me too. No matter how many are in a town, they never seem to close, and there's always room for more.

Have you ever heard of money laundering? Or forced labour?

13 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I’ve never spent money in a beauty salon.  

Also sneaked out yesterday is the collapse of Bulb alone will cost the UK taxpayer three billion pounds. In return the taxpayer will get… effectively, nothing. It isn’t a buyout, it isn’t a stake to be sold on in future, the company will be wound up.

This could’ve given £107 off every single energy bill in the country, for context.

Avro is also predicted to cost the taxpayer £750m, another £27 or so that could’ve come off energy bills. Another 30 or so firms have went bust.

The market has failed.