Theatre

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Little Shop of Horrors and Kinky Boots in New York during the week. 3rd time seeing Kinky Boots so knew what to expect. Really enjoyed going to Little Shop for the first time. Watched the film eons ago but this was a really good adaptation.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

The Book of Mormon at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow tonight.

Genuinely one of the best shows I've ever seen. Was nearly in tears of laughter at multiple points. Songs, staging and choreography all outstanding.

20221111_205549.jpg

I was also there and while I enjoyed it, it reminded me of just how much I can’t stand musical theatre goers. The rip-roaring guffaws from the audience was cringe-worthy. Had actual braying and snorting from some fat cow behind me. It wasn’t that funny.

11 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

The Book of Mormon at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow tonight.

Genuinely one of the best shows I've ever seen. Was nearly in tears of laughter at multiple points. Songs, staging and choreography all outstanding.

20221111_205549.jpg

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Had actual braying and snorting from some fat cow behind me. It wasn’t that funny.

His name is Craig, apparently.

This show is on my to do list, need to get tickets sorted at some point.

• 3 weeks later...

Beauty and the Beast tonight at The Kings in Glasgow. Was ok but two major issues left me annoyed. Firstly the lack of legroom meaning I was sat at an angle all night, secondly when the performers are singing there needs to be something done about the volume of the backing music which seemed far too loud. 

Maybe I'm just an old fart but it wasn't a particularly enjoyable performance for me.

• 2 months later...

First visit of 2023 to the theatre in a couple of weeks. Off to see Death Drop 2: Back in the Habit at the King's.

The first show ran in the West End in 2021 and was a good laugh. Mostly the same crowd for this one so looking forward to it.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Death Drop: Back in the Habit tonight at the King's.

A fantastic comedy featuring an all drag cast including Mrs fae the Vale's favourite, Cheryl Hole. Really really funny, a good night's entertainment. 

FB_IMG_1677367751160.jpg

Had a great time at that show last night. First show was better but still really enjoyable.

• 1 month later...