Theatre

3 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Anyone else like to pretend they're cultured and go to the theatre?

Me and Mrs the Hunter have tickets booked for Waitress at the King's next month. Heard a few of the songs from it and they're really good, so looking forward to it.

Edinburgh is spoiled for choice for theaters stuff at the Lyceum is usually of a high standard but having Britain's biggest theater in the playhouse is really something special for the big shows.

Plus plenty other great venues beside.

39 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I once had a small part in Aladdin.

Oh no you didn't!

I go to the Dundee Rep from time to time. 

I've seen some really good stuff and some utter shite.

Last thing I saw there was Night of the Living Dead. It was a scene for scene remake of the original film. There were cameras on stage and they had two screens above, one playing the original film and one showing the stage version edited in real time. I'd say that it was about 95% in time with the original. The stage management was impeccable. 

Big theatre fan. Saw Hairspray at the Playhouse at the weekend and back there for Dreamgirls in a couple of weeks.

Also make sure to see a show any time I’m in London so got Back to the Future booked up in June.

Love a musical. Don't see them as often as I'd like though. Do try and see one whenever I'm in London. With regards to Cultural theatre I'm afraid I'm like Winston with Uncles called Vagna and Kensitis Clubs

Not a theatre fan, but there’s one play I loved so much, I have seen it three times with different casts - Art, by Yasmina Reza. If you ever get the chance to see it - do it!

F0C51735-E332-4639-9B76-9490AF3F9A3C.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

Only time I've been to the theatre as an adult was to see Transpotting at the Citizens a few years ago, thoroughly enjoyed it and would go again if something took my interest 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

Going to see the NTS production of Orphans in Inverness next month. Directed by Cora Bissett, cast features Robert Florence.

Adaptation of the 1998 Peter Mullan film, which was an absolute classic. The darkest of dark comedy. "She ain't heavy, she's my mother."

Can't wait. Was such a fan of the film that I am going up to Inverness especially for this, as all of the dates closer to home (touring Greenock, Glasgow and Edinburgh) were horribly clashed for other things in my diary.

https://www.nationaltheatrescotland.com/events/orphans