5 songs you really relate to

BillyAnchor

Feel free to add later as the mood changes but what songs could almost have been written about you

1. Touch of gray-Grateful Dead

2. In a rut-The Ruts

3. Outsider-Chumbawamba

4. In shreds-The Chameleons

5. Ball and chain-Social Distortion

I know, I'm a depressing kind of guy.

Therapy? - Femtex ("Masturbation saved my life")
Mr Bungle - Squeeze Me Macaroni ("I want to lock Betty Crocker in the kitchen and knock her upper during supper, clutter up her butter gutter")
Peaches - f**k the Pain Away ("Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me, callin me all the time, like blondie, check out my chrissy behind, it's fine all of the time")
Babes in Toyland - Bruise Violet ("You fuckin' bitch, well, I hope your insides rot")
Ylvis - What does the Fox Say? ("Wa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-pow!")

Edited by BFTD
Punctuation saved my life

• 2 weeks later...

1. Marillion: Bitter Suite - "On the outskirts of nowhere, on the ring road to somewhere, on the verge of indecision I'll always take the roundabout way". Sums up the late teen/early twenties WRK, when I was "directionless" like the spider mentioned in this piece.

2. Judy Collins: Bread and Roses - "Our lives shall not be sweetened From birth until life closes Hearts starve as well as bodies Give us bread, but give us roses".

Powerful enough lyrics, but watching it performed by Bronwen Lewis in Pride really hits home.

3. Billy Bragg: Old Clash Fan Fight Song - "When The Clash came to town he never missed 'em, He still wants to bust the system. But he has to go to work -  That doesn't mean he's some kind of a jerk. Put food on the table, you know how that feels, Doesn't mean he's lost his ideals".

We all have to compromise to survive, doesn't mean we have to accept the status quo.

4. Halestorm: Rock Show - "At the rock show,You'll be right in the front row. Heart and soul, they both know, It's where we gotta be. Yeah at the rock show,Getting high on the solo - So what if it’s crazy? That's gonna be me"

Glasgow Apollo (when we got tickets quick enough), Ayr Piv, Fibbers and central Hall in York - it just has to be up between the bass bins, and feeling the music in your gut.

5. Neil Young: Harvest Moon - "Because I'm still in love with you, I want to see you dance again. Because I'm still in love with you, On this harvest moon."

This is very much "our song" for me and Mrs WRK.

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

3. Billy Bragg: Old Clash Fan Fight Song - "When The Clash came to town he never missed 'em, He still wants to bust the system. But he has to go to work -  That doesn't mean he's some kind of a jerk. Put food on the table, you know how that feels, Doesn't mean he's lost his ideals".

We all have to compromise to survive, doesn't mean we have to accept the status quo.

inB4:

D0vLO7eWwAAXyvi.png