Rangers vs Celtic 3rd of April

6 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Yes, different clubs with different levels of financial backing and historical expectations put different pressure on their managers. 

Gerrard won 1 trophy in 3 seasons, less than St Johnstone managed, yet left a hero.

Lets not pretend Rangers have high standards.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Discarded bottles at Ibrox after the match

Stay classy lads

This to me demonstrates what we are up against. Turning a blind eye to things that are simply not on. "aww it' only a wee swally" "hawl it's only a song big mawn" a club who let their fans do whatever they want.

Will Rangers even bother using CCTV to find who it was? you can bet if it was an opposing supporter drinking/throwing coins/throwing bottles they'd have been found within minutes. 

Rangers fans have been getting away with stuff like this for years. If you tried this shit at most other grounds you'd never have a chance of being let in. 

Edited by red23

23 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Ange has spent over £20m on transfer fees so it shouldn't be that extraordinary that Celtic will be around the 90 or so point mark under him. From what I remember Gio's overall points per game was slightly better than Gerrard's from this season. I wonder if it's the case now. Quite likely it's slightly worse after today. 

For me it's a bit early to be talking about dismissing him but he's certainly on a shaky peg. I put a lot of blame on the board for a series of really poor transfers windows. Particularly this January. 

We also lost around 40 million worth of talent so spending only 20 million to rebuild a squad with players you lot were laughing at I.e. Hart, Kyogo and the other Japanese players is just the icing on the cake. You lot were claiming it was done in September and that Ange would be gone by Christmas and he’s come in and slapped you about.

Arrogance cost you this season and whilst it’s not over it’s hard to see a way back

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gerrard won 1 trophy in 3 seasons, less than St Johnstone managed, yet left a hero.

Lets not pretend Rangers have high standards.

The managerial appointments of St Mirren or St Johnstone aren't up to me. Ultimately that comes down to a number of factors.

What I was saying was that I'm not hugely convinced by GVB so far. He was the fan's choice as well just like Tam Court was the opposite of that for United fans. Sometimes or perhaps more often than not the fans don't know that much.

13 minutes ago, ConcernedReferee said:

The lads a wee bulldog, looked like he was playing left-back sometimes today with some of his defensive work 

On 06/01/2022 at 16:52, G51 said:

All I said was buying players from one league because our manager worked there once and we recently signed a player from it probably isn’t indicative of a good process. 

On 06/01/2022 at 13:42, G51 said:

Hey, if it convinces Celtic to keep buying Japanese players because they bought a good one once, then it’s not all bad!

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Seems like an odd name for a pub in a West of Scotland shithole unless your idea of ‘Vogue’ is sectarian violence, attempted murders and shutters in a pub when it’s open !!

Certainly sounds atmospheric. 

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Seems like an odd name for a pub in a West of Scotland shithole unless your idea of ‘Vogue’ is sectarian violence, attempted murders and shutters in a pub when it’s open !!

Beauty’s where you find it, not just where you bump and grind it.

I've moaned in the past about "The Herald" sports pages being a TRFC/CFC Fanzine. So I'll have to say congrats to Matthew Lindsay on his comments from Saturday. These include

"Rangers fans have... been emboldened by social media posts by like minded imbeciles, delved deep into their sectarian songbook this year" - "thoroughly depressing". "Even the bams must have realised they had crossed a line" (singing The Famine Song).

"The Celtic hardcore is every bit as bad"  - "Those supporters who care deeply, not about looking hard in front of their halfwit mates, were horrified".

Ending his comments with "They can stick their sectarian songbook up their a***!".

Pity his efforts won't be read, understood or appreciated by the illiterate hordes. But nice to see what's been swept under the carpet creeping out.